Aged 43 he came to Edinburgh City, played 1 game against Irvine Meadow in the Scottish Cup and buggered off again (he said he was going to play a couple more).

Personally I thought we might have had more of a chance against Meadow without him as he was 43 and a bit slow  The winners, Meadow, got a payday at Easter Road in the next round. On the other hand a lot of Hibees came to watch the tie and see Latapy once more so City got some money out of it at least.

1 minute ago, DannyBlue said:

Bournemouth owner Bill Foley in advanced talks over minority stake in Hibernian, according to The Athletic. https://theathletic.com/5018301/2023/10/31/bill-foley-hibernian-bournemouth-knights/

Appreciate there are benefits for the club but something rubs me up the wrong way about being part of one of these 'football groups'.

BBC Scotland understands Mr Foley's Black Knight's sport and entertainment consortium is interested in referring players in and out of Hibs to other teams under its control, but would not be involved in the management of the club.

Really hope we aren’t going to become a feeder team for fucking Bournemouth :lol: 

Could go either way, but the worry if it was my club would be that you're no longer the top priority in terms of this investment. Bournemouth are the top priority.

Any players found this way will be at Hibs for a relatively short period of time before being sold, almost certainly to no financial advantage for Hibs. The system will be built to help Bournemouth meet their financial obligations in the English set-up.

Not dis-similar to how a Kaunas fan would have viewed their set-up with Hearts. They gained little from that, while Hearts could sign a player for free and bank the profit on selling him on, doing our accounts no harm. Man City did this with that Australian lad who was at Brighton and played for Celtic, whose name inexplicably now escapes me.

If Hibs bring in a striker through this chain who scores 25 goals by Christmas and has them top of the league, what can they do to stop him being packed off to Bournemouth in January and replaced by someone else up this chain who may be pish? And what odds are there Bournemouth pay for him? These are the kind of concerns multi-club systems bring, and it's a murky world. If Rangers want to sign him for £6 million, who gets that £6 million if he's come through this chain? I'd bet my arse not Hibs.

We'll see a lot more of this, and Hibs will be nothing like unique. But it's not a good thing. It makes official the second-tier status of our game, and it brings into question the priorities of what a football club is. Are Hibs going to be run to be successful, or to help Bournemouth be successful.

Not for me, thanks.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Did anyone on here buy Tickets to your Audience with Russell Latapy night that was meant to take place in June, if so did it go ahead?

There was meant to be one for Falkirk fans as well but it's was postponed until Oct/Nov. Still not heard anything else back and now no one can contact the organisers, starting to feel like we've been scammed and wondering if it was the same on your end.