No chance we're getting 7 figures for Melkerson. Any profit on what we forked out for him is decent though, but as mentioned above, would be interesting to see what Montgomery and a sustained run of games could do for him.

On 08/12/2023 at 20:10, Hoose Rice said:

Melks away official for over £1m. 

Norwegian media is saying it's a record fee for Stromsgodset, but are claiming that it's less than £1m (13 million Norwegian krone). IIRC there were similar "arguments" with Millwall in the summer about how much they paid for Nisbet. I guess that means there are add-ons (appearances, etc.) within the fee(s) Hibs are claiming. Whether that's fair or not depends on how realistic they are.

image.png.577d3c93fc81d428813197e467b6641e.png

Edited by JamesM82

Sad to see one of Scotland's biggest clubs reduced to this.

Fortunately, Edinburgh's football lovers can turn to the good guys, the UK's largest fan-owned club in our good fight against the charlatans who used to be Hibernian FC.

ETA: I'm not actually joking. I'd never be back if Hearts became a glorified feeder club.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fortunately, Edinburgh's football lovers can turn to the good guys, the UK's largest fan-owned club in our good fight against the charlatans who used to be Hibernian FC.

ETA: I'm not actually joking. I'd never be back if Hearts became a glorified feeder club.

You used to be told what Liths to sign/play.

You bought Russian hats. 

You called your master 'Mister' 

Give it a rest eh? 

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Agreed. Would not want to be a feeder club for even a big club, never mind Bournemouth.

Just now, Tommy Tappin said:

You used to be told what Liths to sign/play.

You bought Russian hats. 

You called your master 'Mister' 

Give it a rest eh? 

You've got no idea what I used to do.

And, yes, Hearts have been through a form of this. But, we were the main team in it and it was before the world really knew about this stuff.

I'm not kidding. I'd genuinely have no part in it. It's absolutely dreadful.

There'll be some Hibs fans who agree with me, but most will just justify it to themselves. That's what football fans do. Hearts fans would be the same.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

And, yes, Hearts have been through a form of this. But, we were the main team in it and it was before the world really knew about this stuff.

There'll be some Hibs fans who agree with me, but most will just justify it to themselves. That's what football fans do. Hearts fans would be the same.

If it doesn't happen, we can look forward to the perpetual mediocrity that makes up most of both our club's histories so far. We can go on saying 0-7 and 6-2 and 1-5 to each other. Oh, the bantz. 

If it happens, and it's a disaster, it was a break from the perpetual mediocrity, where we could dream for a while.

If it happens and it's successful, I'll remember to let a trophy catch my tears as I cry at the thought of us selling our souls to the Americans rather than continuing the perpetual mediocrity that we're most known for. 

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Friends Tv Lol GIF by Nick At Nite

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

My thoughts are - rather than assuming that this is "a form of what Hearts had" perhaps we might wish to wait and see what - if anything actually emerges.

Anything else is just jumping the gun, nothing to get excited about.

Spoiler

Show Me The Money GIF