Can't grumble Cumdog his move. He's done his job and banged them in on the regular for the last three seasons, so he leaves with nothing but my best wishes for the future.

Genuinely gives me the fear when I think about where our goals will come from next season though. Brian fucking Graham :lol:

10 hours ago, Cumdog35 said:

1.4m with 15% sell on

Agent Scotland :lol:

The guy is an unemployed divorced fantasist. He doesnt know what the weather is like outside let alone anything about transfer details.

The fee has been quoted at 1.8m in more reliable places. Decent fee but hard man to replace.

He's a better player than this time last season and just signed a new contract so the cost will surely be closer to £2m up front. 

Not confident at all in Lennon signing an adequate replacement tbh but we'll find out soon enough. 

Don’t really get the Hayes v Cummings debate, one is at the start of his career with the potential to go on and become much better the other is 30 and has possibly reached his peak in terms of performance levels.

Either way shame for both teams to lose their best player.

5 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Not necessarily, this time last year Rotherham were offering £1.7m in installments.  £1.8m up front should be the minimum expected value now imo.

The installments may benefit us more in the longer term though.  I'm sure I read part of the Farmer taking over our debt deal we could owe the bank a % of upfront transfer fees. 

Don’t really get the Hayes v Cummings debate, one is at the start of his career with the potential to go on and become much better the other is 30 and has possibly reached his peak in terms of performance levels.
Either way shame for both teams to lose their best player.

Cummings isn't our 'best' player.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

1.8 million for a player, playing in Scotland is good money. These teams down south know fine well we can't turn down figures like that (on few occasions this happened). For that sort of money, plenty players lennon could bring in.

Hibs turned down that offer last summer.

It's easy to say we rejected a higher offer last year, but without knowing the exact structure of the 2 deals there's no real way of comparing them.

Was the bid last year dependant on clauses like goals scored, promotion etc. ?

Is the Forest bid cash up front ?

Does JC now have a release clause in his new contract ?

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's easy to say we rejected a higher offer last year, but without knowing the exact structure of the 2 deals there's no real way of comparing them.

Was the bid last year dependant on clauses like goals scored, promotion etc. ?

Is the Forest bid cash up front ?

Does JC now have a release clause in his new contract ?

We're talking very generally here of course, none of us has any idea what the specifics of each situation are/were. 

7 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

You would have to imagine he signed the new deal so the club could get decent money for him and Hibs would accept a decent bid for him if it came in.

That's surely the case.  Full credit to Jason for signing that new contract.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Not necessarily, this time last year Rotherham were offering £1.7m in installments.  £1.8m up front should be the minimum expected value now imo.

£1m now being widely quoted as the figure. No doubt with instalments.

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

£1m now being widely quoted as the figure. No doubt with instalments.

I believe the actual wording put about is "an offer in excess of £1m". So basically no one has a clue. 

Absolutely astounding so many Hibs fans seem to believe the £1.8m would be upfront, I'll happily take this back if someone genuine confirms it, but I struggle to imagine any transfer which is paid in one go these days

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely astounding so many Hibs fans seem to believe the £1.8m would be upfront, I'll happily take this back if someone genuine confirms it, but I struggle to imagine any transfer which is paid in one go these days

Okay, not all upfront, but more so than Peterborough's offer last year - which from memory might as well have had clauses in the offer like "Hibs will receive £20,000 once Jason Cummings has scored four goals in blue boots".

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol:

Absolutely astounding.

Fairly incredible.