Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

What's the rumoured fee ?

Agent Scotland has said 1.4m and people are losing their shit. The guys an absolutely slaver and not ITK at all. Why would we turn down 1.8m then accept less now? 

One thing you can say about our club is we get the best deals for our players.

Just me who thinks that's a great deal? For all the hype he is actually utterly unproven over a full top flight season. That's a bigger fee than May, Stewart and Hemmings combined

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just me who thinks that's a great deal? For all the hype he is actually utterly unproven over a full top flight season. That's a bigger fee than May, Stewart and Hemmings combined

People probably just have high expectations after rejecting a high bid last summer, plus now he's on a longer contract than he was then. He had a year left at the time. 

Id be happy with 2m plus add ons.

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Agent Scotland has said 1.4m and people are losing their shit. The guys an absolutely slaver and not ITK at all. Why would we turn down 1.8m then accept less now? 

One thing you can say about our club is we get the best deals for our players.

You'd think it wouldn't be less than £1.8m, although I've no idea if that deal was straight upfront or structured. Forest's deal may be a better offer in the eyes of the board.

I totally agree with the second point. Rod ain't no fool.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Agree with you here. It's pretty good money. 

Sad if Cummings goes but he's earned it with those goals against Hearts, being part of the Scottish Cup team and signing that new contract last year to significantly bump up the price of this transfer. I would stay another season if I were him and try and prove to everyone that he can cut it in the top flight before heading south, but I can't blame him if he wants to go. Have a feeling he'll got lost in the shuffle down there and we'll see him back in Scotland (be it in Leith, Govan or - god forbid - Gorgie) soon enough. He's also one of the best personalities that Hibs have had in ages, not enough modern footballers like him tbh.

ETA: I think people are being misled in their anger at the board if this "£1.4m" transfer fee has been accepted when we rejected £1.7m from Peterborough last year. IIRC, their offer was made up of tiny fragments of clauses etc. - so I would assume that this one is a fee up front.

Edited by HibsFan