3 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Not even any decent rumours atm. I’m expecting quite a busy day tomorrow with a couple out and a couple in surely.

Think you are right, Martin one of the two out, but the other deals may depend on Swanson finding a club.

15 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Hello you c***s,

Scott Martin? Opinions? Accies are supposedly after him.

Martin has only had a handful of games for us.

Seems like a hard c**t though, honest hard worker and good tackler. 

Didn't make any major errors or look out of place at all when he's played.

I rate him higher than Taiwo tbh.

I’m not sure we’ll sign anyone else now. Scott Allan doesn’t look likely, which is a shame. 

I think we are still short a player in defence, central midfield and up front. Hoping Milligan is available after the international break.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

I’m not sure we’ll sign anyone else now. Scott Allan doesn’t look likely, which is a shame. 

I think we are still short a player in defence, central midfield and up front. Hoping Milligan is available after the international break.

Ever since Dempster started running the club, they have always run with a squad that looks a little light on numbers. I think their idea is to have as few players sitting in the stand as possible to maximise the amount that's spent on the players who are being used. e.g. if they signed another creative type now, Swanson would be sitting in the stand if he doesn't find another club. Hence most of the talk this week has concentrated on him trying (and failing) to find a taker.

As long as they don't have a silly number of injuries or a tough fixture list, going without that extra cover isn't really a problem. It's looked like more of an issue so far this season because they've been playing two games a week while they were in Europe. 

Think we still need another CB and CM. I would've liked the chubby baller to come back but what we really need is a bit more strength in midfield. Milligan (assuming he's decent), a McGinn type* and Mallan should provide a good balance. 

* The type of player I'd want won't realistically be as good as McGinn, I just mean a box-to-box grafter type.

Bogdan

Gray

New CB/Efe/Porteous (I'm thinking YLT Daz won't be available much unfortunately)

Hanlon

Stevenson

Milligan

New CM

Mallan

Boyle

Horgan

Kamberi

You could have a 4-3-3 with that team, a 4-4-2 diamond with Horgan in the position he played against Aberdeen. Or even a 5-3-2 with Milligan at CB and either Boyle up front or at RWB, to bring in Maclaren or Shaw.

Not bad imo h83zAKO.png 

I’ll still be gutted, classy player who’s has done us a good turn. 

Doesn’t sound as though we’ll get Allan but seems mental he’ll sit on the bench for another 6 months doing f**k all. This is one of them signings that makes sense in so many ways. 

8 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Doesn’t sound as though we’ll get Allan but seems mental he’ll sit on the bench for another 6 months doing f**k all. This is one of them signings that makes sense in so many ways. 

Seems to be rumours you're signing him if Swanson joins us. 

8 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Lennon has confirmed the Efe interest from Turkey and has also said Allan definitley won’t be back in this window. 

Assuming Milligan is going to play predominately in centre mid then we would desperately need a replacement if Efe goes. By the sounds of it Big Daz barely trains and is unlikely to play much at all this season and Porteous is going to get suspended a fair few times this season. Boys an animal. I love it.

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Aye even if it doesn't really make sense, I would love Allan back. On form, he's one of the most entertaining players I've seen at Hibs. I took it as a given that he wouldn't be coming back after the McGinn thing though.

1 hour ago, King_Of_Kings said:

Efe causes some problems with his Efeness but I'd be gutted to see him go. There's nothing better than seeing Ambrose pick up the ball and glide down the pitch , side stepping challenges with a cigar perfectly placed in his mouth!!

I would've said the same not so long ago but my patience with him has pretty much run out now. If we can get money for him and bring in a decent CB in, it'll be a result.

My thinking with Allan is that Celtic will have got over their hissy fit by January, and he will only have a few months left on his contract then.

Hyndman's loan is up in January. Coincidence?

Not a big fan of selling Efe and replacing him with some lower league jobber though, TBH.