18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Never understood why over the years ( not so much recently ) he got such a hrd time from Hibbies. He's not Andy Robertson, but he always seemed sound enough to me.

Only gets a hard time from those that know f**k all.

A solid 7 out of 10 every week. Been a first pick for every manager and is pivotal in the link up play on the left.

Also now, of course, a full internationalMontylaugh.png.648e9c9941fe22aadb0dc54ba1cf41b8.png

17 hours ago, Green Day said:

Only gets a hard time from those that know f**k all.

A solid 7 out of 10 every week. Been a first pick for every manager and is pivotal in the link up play on the left.

Also now, of course, a full internationalMontylaugh.png.648e9c9941fe22aadb0dc54ba1cf41b8.png

What a damning indictment of the Scottish national team.

Lennon spent two/thirds of the Livi fiasco berating him for his shameless ineptitude.

He was told to "...lol calm down..." by Gaz Parker

#442   #BackToBasics

21 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Never understood why over the years ( not so much recently ) he got such a hrd time from Hibbies. He's not Andy Robertson, but he always seemed sound enough to me.

You haven't watched him enough.  Lennon plays him as a wing back and he just isn't up to it unless mid table mediocrity is the goal. 

21 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

I don't know any Hibs fans IRL who don't appreciate Stevenson. Some of his crosses get a groan inside the stadium but he is extremely well liked and will go down as a Hibs legend. 

If you've got the sense that he's not liked by us, it's because Hibs forums are mostly populated by attention seeking weirdos who haven't seen the inside of Easter Road in years. These goons being classic examples, imagine Hibs fans disliking Stevenson and McGregor ffs eMlO2Ay.png If these two repeated those opinions in The 6, they'd probably get a slap.

10 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I don't know any Hibs fans IRL who don't appreciate Stevenson. Some of his crosses get a groan inside the stadium but he is extremely well liked and will go down as a Hibs legend. 

If you've got the sense that he's not liked by us, it's because Hibs forums are mostly populated by attention seeking weirdos who haven't seen the inside of Easter Road in years. These goons being classic examples, imagine Hibs fans disliking Stevenson and McGregor ffs eMlO2Ay.png If these two repeated those opinions in The 6, they'd probably get a slap.

Utter tosh. 

Any self respecting hibby who hates Lewis Stevenson needs to have a proper word FFS. He has stuck by the club through the thick of it and is currently the only Hibs player in history to have both a Scottish Cup and League Cup winners medal to his name. Not to mention that he's a classy chap off the pitch as well and a thoroughly nice lad.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Any self respecting hibby who hates Lewis Stevenson needs to have a proper word FFS. He has stuck by the club through the thick of it and is currently the only Hibs player in history to have both a Scottish Cup and League Cup winners medal to his name. Not to mention that he's a classy chap off the pitch as well and a thoroughly nice lad.

I only care about the goals we leak and why we are on only 5 points. I would not drop Stevenson just now because there isn't any left sided option in the squad but replacing him should be a priority if we want the club to progress. If we don't we can select Stevenson for another 350 apps.

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I only care about the goals we leak and why we are on only 5 points. I would not drop Stevenson just now because there isn't any left sided option in the squad but replacing him should be a priority if we want the club to progress. If we don't we can select Stevenson for another 350 apps.

Rarely have I seen us leak a goal due to a fault from Stevenson. He has always been solid for us in that position. His positional sense is second to none and he always manages to find space down that left wing.

Are you honestly suggesting that in the 10+ years he's been here, he's only been played by every manager because there were no other left backs available to sign through all that time? :lol:

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Rarely have I seen us leak a goal due to a fault from Stevenson. He has always been solid for us in that position. His positional sense is second to none and he always manages to find space down that left wing.

Are you honestly suggesting that in the 10+ years he's been here, he's only been played by every manager because there were no other left backs available to sign through all that time? :lol:

Ask why he has never been the subject of bids from anyone in those 12 years. Clubs probably see what I see: a small midfielder converted into an undersized left back with average distribution and prone to lapses - and he's had many dude, don't even kid yourself.  The 5-5 from May comes to mind. He is okay going forward but the end product lacks for the most.  If we could go out and get a guy like an Ulrik Laursen (for example) we would be progressing the club. Surely you can see that.  

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Ask why he has never been the subject of bids from anyone in those 12 years. Clubs probably see what I see: a small midfielder converted into an undersized left back with average distribution and prone to lapses - and he's had many dude, don't even kid yourself.  The 5-5 from May comes to mind. He is okay going forward but the end product lacks for the most.  If we could go out and get a guy like an Ulrik Laursen (for example) we would be progressing the club. Surely you can see that.  

How do you know he hasn't be subject to any bids? Not all bids are leaked out into the media. In any case, he is at our level. He's been involved in some of the best Hibs teams and some of the worst. But his own performances have almost always been very consistent. He is a solid player for us. He doesn't piss around or try to do anything fancy, he does the basics and he does them well. The 5-5 was a result of all of our players being ordered to pile forward to try and score as many goals as possible (as it was necessary). You can't blame Lewis Stevenson for that one.

If we had another Ulrik Laursen, he would be snapped up as soon as he started performing beyond our level, which is exactly what happened in 2002 when Celtic pinched him from us. There's a reason Stevenson hasn't gone anywhere, up or down a level, because he's at his level right now.

Also, don't call me dude you glue sniffing hippy.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

How do you know he hasn't be subject to any bids? Not all bids are leaked out into the media. In any case, he is at our level. He's been involved in some of the best Hibs teams and some of the worst. But his own performances have almost always been very consistent. He is a solid player for us. He doesn't piss around or try to do anything fancy, he does the basics and he does them well. The 5-5 was a result of all of our players being ordered to pile forward to try and score as many goals as possible (as it was necessary). You can't blame Lewis Stevenson for that one.

If we had another Ulrik Laursen, he would be snapped up as soon as he started performing beyond our level, which is exactly what happened in 2002 when Celtic pinched him from us. There's a reason Stevenson hasn't gone anywhere, up or down a level, because he's at his level right now.

Also, don't call me dude you glue sniffing hippy.

We had Laursen for two years, excellent centre and left wing back, got 2m for him and that's the whole point.  You develop players and sell them on and reinvest. Hibs stopped doing that and got relegated. You are right he's been a mainstay in horrible Hibs teams. The 7-0 Malmo disaster being one.  And I do blame Stevenson in part for conceding 5 straight goals vs a poor rangers team at home. They ripped us apart on that left hand side whatever the game plan was.  And stop being so touchy, a sign of immaturity when any player criticism is taken personally. 

13 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

We had Laursen for two years, excellent centre and left wing back, got 2m for him and that's the whole point.  You develop players and sell them on and reinvest. Hibs stopped doing that and got relegated. You are right he's been a mainstay in horrible Hibs teams. The 7-0 Malmo disaster being one.  And I do blame Stevenson in part for conceding 5 straight goals vs a poor rangers team at home. They ripped us apart on that left hand side whatever the game plan was.  And stop being so touchy, a sign of immaturity when any player criticism is taken personally. 

I've been no stranger to criticising Hibs players, but Stevenson has never generally been one of them, except on the occasions where every single player had a bad day such as the Malmo game. The Rangers ripped us apart down both sides and the middle, because every player was committing forward and that damaged us on the break. You can't just say "whatever the game plan was". If you're a defender and the manager is telling you to get forward at every opportunity, you're going to be caught out of position on the break almost everytime and this is what happened with all of our defenders and defensive midfielders that day.

I don't know how you can blame one player for these results. You'll find that most goals we concede are either through the middle of the park or crosses from the other side. Yes, occasionally the odd cross will get beyond Stevenson, but he does a great job keeping them to a minimum IMO. It's not often I seem his out muscled or mistiming a challenge. He's been a rock for the most part and I don't see him going anywhere else anytime soon.

19 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Lewis Stevenson was involved in Allan's goal and McLaren's in the first half, and was not culpable for Rossiters or Alves goals.

That leaves Taverniers goal, their first. Your right, Stevenson was at fault.........as was the entire team as we were 3 up and looking for a 4th at a corner.

2nd half?

Holt had 2 shots, one deflected off Efe, the other off Windass, both moves IIRC on our right.

Can I finish by saying you are a fanny who knows f**k all?

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Do you mean to say that not evey Hibby is a left-wing, remainiac, Jeremy-gobbler? 

It would be boring if everyone was the same.

Same at most grounds, there are even a few who shun the cardigan wearing, bespectacled lower level civil servant look that seems the norm at Tynecastle.