17 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Sorry, I don't think that's correct. A club has every right to play a loanee against the parent club, providing they have sought permission. Or is that just when playing in europe?

Edit: Nope, I've just looked it up and I'm fairly sure this isn't an SPFL rule. In fact, is it even the SPFL who get to decide rules on loans? Pretty sure its FIFA

Look again, it's in the SPFL rules and regulations. Rule number 65:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

65 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:

(i) a League Match;

(ii) a Play-Off Match;

(iii)a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;

(iv)a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match;

and (v) a Scottish Cup Match;

and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

--

Maybe you were searching for 'loan' rather than 'temporary transfer'

Edited by Aim Here

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Look again, it's in the SPFL rules and regulations. Rule number 65:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

65 During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:

(i) a League Match;

(ii) a Play-Off Match;

(iii)a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;

(iv)a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match;

and (v) a Scottish Cup Match;

and during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

--

Maybe you were searching for 'loan' rather than 'temporary transfer'

I was absolutely searching for 'loan' instead of 'temporary transfer'. Thanks Aim Here. 

Dons_1988, my apologies - it seems you are correct!

Edited by The Other Foot

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Strange that they have a specific rule for that, surely the club's should be able to sort that out between themselves 

Wouldn't surprise me if the rule was in place because of some past incident where the loanee club had no recourse to the rulebook after a mid-game defection by a loan player in a crucial match. One huge outcry later, the rule gets put in  place.

Elsewhere, there's a rule that says that it's a rule breach to loan a player for the purpose of playing against, or not playing against, specific teams, probably for similar reasons.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I thought Gerrard had already stated "no more loans" for McRorie ?

Gerrard doesn't always tell the truth though.......

It heard a few days back that the transfer to Hibs was in doubt - because Rangers wanted him loaned (so he couldn't play against them) whereas Hibs wanted a straightforward purchase.

Rangers doing everything they can to stop 10iar..........

It seems Rangers have got exactly the deal they wanted - loan with the purchase at the end of the season - from Aberdeen.

Edited by Green Day

It's an incredible amount of effort that the Hibs management team have been putting into weakening our rivals. Pretending that they're interested in signing duds right up until the signature is almost on the paper, before starting a game of Chinese whispers up around Pittodrie. But they have my full backing.