12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just been reading a wee bit about Ferencvaros as part of a the ongoing laughter at Celtic.... In their Wiki it claims that they have an ongoing friendship with Hibernian Football Club Club, and fans meet up in March each year to play football and drink beer.

Any truth in this? Do any of you have Hungarian pen pals?

I hope not. They're a vile support full of fascists.

Ferencvaros beat Hearts 1-0 at Murrayfield in 2004. The scorer that night was Denes Rosa who went on to have a stellar career with Hibernian (not). 

Ferencavos coach Caaba laszo had a bit of a touch line scuffle with John Robertson which may have endeared him to the Hibs support.

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

The small minority argument, eh? The same argument the weedgie bigots use.

Ferencvaros have a scummy support.

Well if there's any Ferencvaros supporters looking in, I suppose that's the blossoming relationship f**ked now. Thanks Crawford.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Ferencavos coach Caaba laszo had a bit of a touch line scuffle with John Robertson which may have endeared him to the Hibs support.

I was at the game with a Jambo pal and now you've jogged my memory of that I wanted Robbo to deck Laszlo at the time! :lol:

15 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

Well if there's any Ferencvaros supporters looking in, I suppose that's the blossoming relationship f**ked now. Thanks Crawford.

Why should I care?

I take it you're one of those late 40's/early 50's "I used to be a casual" sad sacks? It's the only explanation I can come up with as to why you would want a friendship with these scumbags.

Edited by Crawford Bridge

This Hibs/Ferencvaros thing - does this have any more credence than a comment in the Wiki article which was just drive-by vandalism by some Glasgow-based anonymous racist troll? He also did the same thing for FK Sūduva and St Mirren.

Edited by Aim Here

42 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Why should I care?

I take it you're one of those late 40's/early 50's "I used to be a casual" sad sacks? It's the only explanation I can come up with as to why you would want a friendship with these scumbags.

You called?

2 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Why should I care?

Crawfy. I just took a call from Ferencvaros' main crew, the MPM  (Mental Paprika Munchers). They said the relationship's off, but they will still welcome new recruits from the Hibee family. They've asked if I know anyone who's got a bit of a temper, and no discernible sense of humour?

12 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What are your views on Mark McNulty as a concept?

Like Zing said, he's a finisher. Can be an empty jersey if your not seeing much of the ball, or not creating much.

A decent mid table player at this level imo.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

What are your views on Mark McNulty as a concept?

Decent finish on him but I really doubt he’d ever score more than 10 goals in a season at this level, he did well with us during his first loan spell but most of his goals were penalties, really flattered to deceive last season.

40 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I think the others are being very generous. Absolute nae use based on last year. Was half decent the year before but I groaned when someone suggested he come in this summer.

I concur. His facial hair is also suspect. 

Being linked with Jamie Murphy in the papers. I assume the stranger dangers are playing the same game as they did with McCrorie. Im not sure he’d get a game every week but I’m sure he’s still talented. Wouldn’t pay a big fee for him.