7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Swapping a (Hibees rated) £2m player for two guys not even worth half a million each?

It's this attitude that's seen Hibs spending about 20% of their time in the 2nd tier in the last couple of decades.

St Mirren get a large percentage of the transfer fee. 

Not getting good value for players hasn't been a problem at Hibs. We've very rarely done a good job of managing the situation when we've got decent money in though and I think this summer is very likely to be another example of that.

With Cummings e.g., surely there was always a good chance he'd be going in this window. So far we've signed a guy that Lennon took a shine to whilst doing punditry, linked ourselves to a few names that we were never getting like Boyce and seem like we're already in scramble mode going in for the likes of Lafferty. Where's the proactivity ffs, this situation has been in the post for about a year.

The last time Hibs actually did well out of a player sale was Scott Allan. In that case, we signed McGinn beforehand and ended up covering the transfer fee with Allan's sale, not to mention getting McGeouch and Henderson for a year. He was never getting sacked after winning the league but I really wish we had Stubbsy right now to give a few quid to. I can't wait to see what shite Lennon settles on for a replacement for Cummings.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I can't wait to see what shite Lennon settles on for a replacement for Cummings.

Ladbrokes odds:

Tony Stokes 2/1

Paddy McCourt 3/1

Tony Watt 3/1

Ched Evans 7/1

McGinn's replacement:

Joey Barton Evens

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

That 4 year deal gives me a little bit of confidence that'll we'll do alright transfer wise. Just need to try stay calm and let them do there thang.

Lets hope there's some more decent players in the random links we have with that Israeli club.