4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

The same midfielders have now not been good enough under Jack Ross, Shaun Maloney and Lee Johsnon. I’d be shocked if LJ thought what we had was of the required standard.

Yep.  Need to wait and see I suppose.  Confident 3 or 4 will come in today.  

19 minutes ago, Zing. said:

The same midfielders have now not been good enough under Jack Ross, Shaun Maloney and Lee Johsnon. I’d be shocked if LJ thought what we had was of the required standard.

I dont think he does think they are good enough -  the whole "happy with the business" stuff is done by every manager, but if LJ had done 5 minutes of due diligence, spoken to friends up here etc, he would have been told these guys were going to get him sacked.

If (big if) he did that and is still ok with it, he wont see christmas.

13 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yep.  Need to wait and see I suppose.  Confident 3 or 4 will come in today.  

I will be gobsmacked if there are 3, all the vibes are "its 2 at best"

I am, however, happy with the mental striker if it happens.

17 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I dont think he does think they are good enough -  the whole "happy with the business" stuff is done by every manager, but if LJ had done 5 minutes of due diligence, spoken to friends up here etc, he would have been told these guys were going to get him sacked.

If (big if) he did that and is still ok with it, he wont see christmas.

I will be gobsmacked if there are 3, all the vibes are "its 2 at best"

I am, however, happy with the mental striker if it happens.

Mckirdy, McCarthy and defender I expect.  One more perhaps too. 

37 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Heard another two players that we are interested in today.  McCann from Rangers on loan and some Aussie who left Sheff Weds in the summer.  Both midfielders. 

Massimo Luongo? 

Now that's an experinced midfielder we need. 

If the club think signing 2 young lads on loan for centre-back and midfield will make the fans happy then they are out of touch. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Massimo Luongo? 

Now that's an experinced midfielder we need. 

If the club think signing 2 young lads on loan for centre-back and midfield will make the fans then they are out of touch. 

Yeah thats the guy.  

Yeah we need experience, the manager will know this.  The recruitment team though?  We really need one or two CHs.  Someone like Fontaine when he came in. 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yeah thats the guy.  

Yeah we need experience, the manager will know this.  The recruitment team though?  We really need one or two CHs.  Someone like Fontaine when he came in. 

Luongo would be better option than signing some young lad from Rangers on loan. 

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would take both tbh. 

If this doesn’t happen and we don’t sign a centre-back and a midfielder then questions have to be asked. 

We are the masters of fannying about then losing a player to someone else.  Rule nothing out.

Player wants to come, we want him, get the deal fucking done Hibs.

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

We are the masters of fannying about then losing a player to someone else.  Rule nothing out.

I’ll head over to the head’s gone thread after midnight if we don’t sign anyone else. 

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I’ll head over to the head’s gone thread after midnight if we don’t sign anyone else. 

Mines went a long time back.  See you there :lol: 

I've made a nice curry for dinner and have a couple of tins to cheer me up though :) 

27 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Low and behold. 

Harry McKirdy’s proposed move to Hibernian has been the saga of the deadline so far. Many including myself have been question what is making the deal prolong so much when seemingly everything was sorted.

The Real EFL understands that an initial fee was verbally agreed late last night with paperwork to be sorted. The personal terms had already been resolved. Harry travelled to the SPFL club over night expecting the deal to be done or sorted early on in the day.

Lee Johnson’s side seem to have had other ideas. Going back on the verbal agreement and suggesting a lower figure, then a change in structure to the deal.

Swindon have held there ground wanting what was agreed last night. Negotiations have continued throughout the day with the deal now expected to go to the deadline.

Swindons stance appears to be pay the money or walk away. But negotiations have continued throughout the day with the player waiting in Scotland for the issues to be resolved.

One source close to the deal has described Hibernians antics as “embarrassing” and is seriously risking the deal going through. Swindon are holding firm and all sides are hopeful a resolution could be found. Unless Hibernian pay the agreed fee the deal remains at risk.

The rumours regarding Charlton’s late bid are false but until the window closes anything can happen.

Lewis Ward is expected to complete his move to Sutton United imminently.

19 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Low and behold. 

Harry McKirdy’s proposed move to Hibernian has been the saga of the deadline so far. Many including myself have been question what is making the deal prolong so much when seemingly everything was sorted.

The Real EFL understands that an initial fee was verbally agreed late last night with paperwork to be sorted. The personal terms had already been resolved. Harry travelled to the SPFL club over night expecting the deal to be done or sorted early on in the day.

Lee Johnson’s side seem to have had other ideas. Going back on the verbal agreement and suggesting a lower figure, then a change in structure to the deal.

Swindon have held there ground wanting what was agreed last night. Negotiations have continued throughout the day with the deal now expected to go to the deadline.

Swindons stance appears to be pay the money or walk away. But negotiations have continued throughout the day with the player waiting in Scotland for the issues to be resolved.

One source close to the deal has described Hibernians antics as “embarrassing” and is seriously risking the deal going through. Swindon are holding firm and all sides are hopeful a resolution could be found. Unless Hibernian pay the agreed fee the deal remains at risk.

The rumours regarding Charlton’s late bid are false but until the window closes anything can happen.

Lewis Ward is expected to complete his move to Sutton United imminently.

Embarrasing from Hibs. Pay the money and get the lad in. 

Failure to do so and the club rightly deserve the backlash it will cause.