3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I expect it because it’s the norm.

I don’t believe for a second all they players are identified by Johnson just like Rocky or Jasper got brought in by Maloney but we just happened to keep him after punting him.  LJ is saving face.

We still need a centre half from January.  We have Daz on the bench now ffs with the same midfield as last seasons pap and Doidge kicking about absolutely finished. Why?  Because just as last summer and January the recruitment has been absolutely terrible.  All the signings since last summer and only Marshall improves our team.  That is an absolute sin.  We binned Mathie last year because of it yet nothings to be said now about the recruitment team that’s brought about 20 players to the club and only 1 is good enough. 

Is that you, Tam?
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/ian-gordons-hibs-recruitment-savaged-24883646

Just now, Tommy Tappin said:

Neither did our previous owners, what's changed?

Nothing sadly.  Doesn’t exactly mean we should be happy.  The same as last wasn’t happy from Calderwood to Fenlon to Butcher and all the utter Shan they brought to the club and look how it ended up.  

Just now, Tommy Tappin said:

Bit low is it not? You’re pro-board and Gordon’s fair with play but no need to discredit opinions as I wouldn’t do yourself. :) 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nothing sadly.  Doesn’t exactly mean we should be happy.  The same as last wasn’t happy from Calderwood to Fenlon to Butcher and all the utter Shan they brought to the club and look how it ended up.  

I'm not saying we should be happy. I'm asking, given all that we've just established, why we expect anything other than complete failure?

4 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I'm not saying we should be happy. I'm asking, given all that we've just established, why we expect anything other than complete failure?

This time last year we had to chance to build on a third place finish and really push on and now we are bottom 6 rank and could be in real relegation trouble.  We have a budget and a support much bigger than the majority of the league so should never be in this position and if so we need to question why and make changes.  The first team is being completely neglected in front of our eyes.  Just because it’s happened before doesn’t make it good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I'm merely pointing out that your point of view is shared by an ex-Pro, almost to the letter. 

And many Hibernian supporters who have had enough at the recruitment shambles as Ron and his lad blag it. 
By the way Tam McManus may not be the brightest but he does care for the club deeply and was employed by the club until recently.  His view will be shared by others in the club or previously here too. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

This time last year we had to chance to build on a third place finish and really push on and now we are bottom 6 rank and could be in real relegation trouble.  We have a budget and a support much bigger than the majority of the league so should never be in this position and if so we need to question why and make changes.  The first team is being completely neglected in front of our eyes.  Just because it’s happened before doesn’t make it good enough. 

It'll never be good enough though, therein lies the issue. Somewhere in the brain of the Hibee lies some weird belief that we're supposed to be 3/4th every season, despite 4 clubs all saying that and despite us never, ever being consistently 3rd/4th. 

When we were third we wanted JR out, gave RG zero credit and we played 'eye bleeding' football apparently. Even in success Hibees are miserable kuntz and the whole of Scottish football knows this and takes the piss out of us for it.  

No club ever makes third their own. Overspending Aberdeen have come closest. They don't build on it so why you thought we would is beyond me. 

We're never even been consistently top six ffs. 

You and me support, for our sins, a little lower table club that achieves a trophy once every 15 years or so. Expect that to be the norm and you won't go far wrong. 

Is that lack of ambition? Who cares, because even when we get an ambitious owner, we can't show him the least bit of support. All we can do is rip him to shreds and be in a rush to do so.

If the internet was around at the time of the Famous Five, we'd be calling Willie Ormand a one paced has been. 

11 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

And many Hibernian supporters who have had enough at the recruitment shambles as Ron and his lad blag it. 
By the way Tam McManus may not be the brightest but he does care for the club deeply and was employed by the club until recently.  His view will be shared by others in the club or previously here too. 

Supporters, no. 

Fans, yes.

I've never seen long term positive unconditional support from HIbees. I've seen lots of 'I pay my money each week so I can say what I like' fan-atics though. 

33 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Supporters, no. 

Fans, yes.

I've never seen long term positive unconditional support from HIbees. I've seen lots of 'I pay my money each week so I can say what I like' fan-atics though. 

Supporters yea.  The guys who buy a season ticket despite the majority of years being shit and have still almost 12,000 despite seeing the third best side in the country being dismantled for a vanity project. 

39 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

It'll never be good enough though, therein lies the issue. Somewhere in the brain of the Hibee lies some weird belief that we're supposed to be 3/4th every season, despite 4 clubs all saying that and despite us never, ever being consistently 3rd/4th. 

When we were third we wanted JR out, gave RG zero credit and we played 'eye bleeding' football apparently. Even in success Hibees are miserable kuntz and the whole of Scottish football knows this and takes the piss out of us for it.  

No club ever makes third their own. Overspending Aberdeen have come closest. They don't build on it so why you thought we would is beyond me. 

We're never even been consistently top six ffs. 

You and me support, for our sins, a little lower table club that achieves a trophy once every 15 years or so. Expect that to be the norm and you won't go far wrong. 

Is that lack of ambition? Who cares, because even when we get an ambitious owner, we can't show him the least bit of support. All we can do is rip him to shreds and be in a rush to do so.

If the internet was around at the time of the Famous Five, we'd be calling Willie Ormand a one paced has been. 

I’m not bothered about top 3 or 4.  All I want is for us to be something that resembles a footballing team.  Not the jumble sale shit and pass the ball to Boyle we seem to be employing now. 

Where does this ambitious owner come about the footballing side of things? Surely if ambitious he would get an experienced director of football to come in and help the manager instead of his wee laddie? 

He can afford to be ambitious on every other aspect because the money he puts in the money he gets back.  Simple.  

Edited by Hoose Rice

11 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I’m not bothered about top 3 or 4.  All I want is for us to be something that resembles a footballing team.  Not the jumble sale shit and pass the ball to Boyle we seem to be employing now. 

Where does this ambitious owner come about the footballing side of things? Surely if ambitious he would get an experienced director of football to come in and help the manager instead of his wee laddie? 

He can afford to be ambitious on every other aspect because the money he puts in the money he gets back.  Simple.  

And an American sports franchise can get away without sporting performance for years because marketing ties customers into the brand for years. 

As soon as negative performance affects profits, Ron will change it, but the doom mongers were predicting a massive downturn in ST sales this season and it didn't happen, so Ian can stay in charge of recruitment for the time being. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

And an American sports franchise can get away without sporting performance for years because marketing ties customers into the brand for years. 

As soon as negative performance affects profits, Ron will change it, but the doom mongers were predicting a massive downturn in ST sales this season and it didn't happen, so Ian can stay in charge of recruitment for the time being. 

Sounds great eh?  Said literally nobody. 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

A guy who does that is just thick. 

What supporting your team to go and watch the football despite it being rank?  We’ve seen the story before and although season tickets are only around 1,500 down this year another season of gash and the trend will continue.

You bash on thinking everything is rosey though and we are all ungrateful.  

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

What supporting your team to go and watch the football despite it being rank?  We’ve seen the story before and although season tickets are only around 1,500 down this year another season of gash and the trend will continue.

You bash on thinking everything is rosey though and we are all ungrateful.  

Yes, spending  money watching the team despite being let down, getting crap product and then spending all their time complaining about it online is the work of an imbecile who is doing nothing more than enabling the very regime they criticise.   🤣

I only think everything is rosy on the commercial side, which it is. The football side is too early to tell, which it is. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Yes, spending  money watching the team despite being let down, getting crap product and then spending all their time complaining about it online is the work of an imbecile who is doing nothing more than enabling the very regime they criticise.   🤣

I only think everything is rosy on the commercial side, which it is. The football side is too early to tell, which it is. 

Commercially we are still £1m behind hearts and Aberdeen.

On the pitch is bottom 6 crap.

Too many insults now my friend.  Cheers for the engagement. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Commercially we are still £1m behind hearts and Aberdeen.

On the pitch is bottom 6 crap.

Too many insults now my friend.  Cheers for the engagement. 

They have benefactors. 

You don't have to accept it, but you'd be blind not to expect it. 

Just evening up the score from previous chats of ours ;)