2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I was speaking to Kyle Magennis aunt at game yesterday who mentioned that he's scheduled to be back in full training with Hibs on Monday.

Hopefully his injury issues can finally be put in the past. He's a had a very promising career potentially wrecked by ACL problems in both knees and then hamstring issues associated with those (common as they will take part of the hamstring whilst rebuilding knee injuries) but as St. Mirren have seen in the past, a player can f**k both knees, lost two years of their career and go on to fully recover, Darren McGregor is the prime example of this.

Well that's encouraging at-least, I hadn't known of McGregor's injury problems.

I'd speculate however we'll struggle to see much from Kyle this season either, his fitness will take a fair while to rebuild I'd imagine and I'd worry that he'll be fairly injury prone throughout. 

There was a point where he was being touted as a silver bullet to our problems but I doubt we'll have that expectation now, just someone a little bit better than what we have already will suffice.

3 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Well that's encouraging at-least, I hadn't known of McGregor's injury problems.

He tore his cruciate ligament against Hibs and was out for a full year. Came back and played three games and a player landed on his other knee at Tannadice in an accidental collision, done the same to his other leg and was out for a year again.

He fully rehabbed both and went on to win POTY and moved to Championship supremos Rangers.

Edited by djchapsticks

19 hours ago, Zing. said:

Who’d have thought at the start of the season that Rocky being out injured for two months would’ve been bad news :lol: 

Definitely need two in now for centre half.

Looking forward to us turning the clock back to 2016 and starting Hanson and McGregor in central defence. Get SDG registered and we could go all in on a nostalgia trip with that SC winning back line. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

He tore his cruciate ligament against Hibs and was out for a full year. Came back and played three games and a player landed on his other knee at Tannadice in an accidental collision, done the same to his other leg and was out for a year again.

He fully rehabbed both and went on to win POTY and moved to Championship supremos Rangers.

Almost. Tannadice was the first one, home to Hibs for the second one.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Championship 3rd place strugglers that season we’re they not? Or did they pip Hibs to 2nd? I forget what was happening below us that season.

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Porteous is getting criticised everywhere for his performance yesterday. 

As I said elsewhere, Curtis Main was on his case constantly, both on and off the ball. He's proven to be extremely adept at this so far this season.

It clearly had some effect on the performance of Porteous.

39 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

He’s been shite this season but will still have plenty sticking up for him.

If we don’t bring anyone else in I can see LJ leaving soon. This is all feeling very like it did just before Ross left.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Please just leave. 

First time I have seen that.

He couldnt give less of a shite if he was talking about having slightly overboiled the vegetables for his Sunday lunch.

Get him so far to f**k.

36 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

First time I have seen that.

He couldnt give less of a shite if he was talking about having slightly overboiled the vegetables for his Sunday lunch.

Get him so far to f**k.

Wasn’t he out celebrating after losing the cup final to St.Johnstone last year?

Agreed he couldn’t give a a shite. Get him out. 

8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wasn’t he out celebrating after losing the cup final to St.Johnstone last year?

Agreed he couldn’t give a a shite. Get him out. 

Yep, was out in George St etc - he loves "being a footballer" and the money and easy life that goes with it, the problem is that - despite that wee purple patch - hes just not very good.

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Honestly, it was a bit embarrassing for him. Main bullied him, annoyed him and wound him up the whole time he was on the park. When he briefly switched to Ayunga, he tried that stupid 'anticipation of a foul' thing centre halves do when facing goal and a forward bearing down on them, which resulted in a quite pitiful dive and almost let Ayunga in, with Hanlon having to save him. 

He was badly positioned the whole match, full of awful game reading and very nearly let Brophy in towards the end of the match. It was a bit of a shocker for someone who is apparently highly rated. 

Edited by djchapsticks

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Honestly, it was a bit embarrassing for him. Main bullied him, annoyed him and wound him up the whole time he was on the park. When he briefly switched to Ayunga, he tried that stupid 'anticipation of a foul' thing centre halves do when facing goal and a forward bearing down on them, which resulted in a quite pitiful dive and almost let Ayunga in, with Hanlon having to save him. 

He was badly positioned the whole match, full of awful game reading and very nearly let Brophy in towards the end of the match. It was a bit of a shocker for someone who is apparently highly rated. 

His performances have been shite all season and a lot of Hibs fans are starting to get fed up of him. He needs to drop antics like in yesterday's game and stop acting like a p***k. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Could one of the stats weirdos please prove to us all that Porto is STILL one of the best defenders in the league? I don’t care how you do it, I don’t care what statistical boaby needs tended to. Just get it done, and bring back our defensive prince. 

No more signings it is then.  Surely LJ knows a couple of players down south that aren’t getting a game weird we have signed nobody apart from McGeady from the Champ/League 1 (Shan boy from Leeds youth doesn’t count). We are actually a jumble sale of a football side and it’s a complete joke. LJ will be gone by the WC and will all go around again as the owner and his boy will never acknowledge it’s them fucking everything up. 

43 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I'm not sure we're potless as we're widely assuming.

I am sure that our inability to move on our deadwood and still signing 11-12 players anyway has completely ballsed our wages to turnover ratio and that's the real issue. 

We just sold Doig for £3m mind and 12,000 season tickets and got all that cash for the catering department being overtaken.  The money has been spent Boyle aside on absolute huddies. Even Yohan doesn’t impress me much