1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

This is not news - per the article, its an 8 figure sum over 9 years - as the shermans say "you do the math".

The hospitality was refurbed, its a lot bigger (and miles better) than before. There are now the thick end of 1000 bums on those seats every home match - and its pretty much sold out (apart from our pending cup run, obvs 😉) for the season.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/significant-deal-secured-with-new-stadium-caterer-elior#:~:text=Hibernian FC is delighted to,caterer following a rigorous process.

As a few of us have mentioned before, stadium upgrades, LEDs, Screens, Sponsorship, cashflow etc we are so much better than before, and theres loads of money coming in...........but Ron and his son have no got a scooby when it comes to the actual fitba bit so they spend it all on shite and there is no on field dividend.

So it's actually the investment in the refurb that's the step forward as opposed to the outsourcing deal (which just crystallises the return). I understand now but you can see how I was confused.

The "thick end of a thousand" is still some way behind the hospitality operation at Tynecastle (around 1300) and I think we're some way behind Aberdeen (who seem to be able to sell corporate boxes for crazy money) but it gets you into the right ball park

Of course Aberdeen don't have the SRU to compete with for the attention of Aberdonian businesses. It's a smaller town but they're basically the only show in it.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

So it's actually the investment in the refurb that's the step forward as opposed to the outsourcing deal (which just crystallises the return). I understand now but you can see how I was confused.

The "thick end of a thousand" is still some way behind the hospitality operation at Tynecastle (around 1300) and I think we're some way behind Aberdeen (who seem to be able to sell corporate boxes for crazy money) but it gets you into the right ball park

Of course Aberdeen don't have the SRU to compete with for the attention of Aberdonian businesses. It's a smaller town but they're basically the only show in it.

Yep, thats just in the West Stand tho.

The next phase (didnt have the time in summer, too busy signing diddies from Rainbow FC) is to do something in the FF stand where the inside has had no real money spent on it since it was built - Dempster had some harebrained idea to rent it out to the NHS or something, and did f**k all with it, its like a bombsite - most punters want some form of fans bar on one of the floors. We did have Behind The Goals there before although poorly run - you can see a theme from her time as CEO😬.

My guess is it will end up as more "real" hospitality (which was there originally before we built the West) adding hundreds more seats/revenues hopefully.

I have always been baffled by the Aberdeen one as well, but as you say there cant be that many sporting places to take clients there.

I guess thats part of Cormacks idea for the new stadium as they can add a lot more decent suites and bums to uplift turnover etc.

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yep, thats just in the West Stand tho.

The next phase (didnt have the time in summer, too busy signing diddies from Rainbow FC) is to do something in the FF stand where the inside has had no real money spent on it since it was built - Dempster had some harebrained idea to rent it out to the NHS or something, and did f**k all with it, its like a bombsite - most punters want some form of fans bar on one of the floors. We did have Behind The Goals there before although poorly run - you can see a theme from her time as CEO😬.

My guess is it will end up as more "real" hospitality (which was there originally before we built the West) adding hundreds more seats/revenues hopefully.

I have always been baffled by the Aberdeen one as well, but as you say there cant be that many sporting places to take clients there.

I guess thats part of Cormacks idea for the new stadium as they can add a lot more decent suites and bums to uplift turnover etc.

What's the hospitality like at Easter Road?

My dad can't stand up for an entire football match which means he can't do Hibs away so I've considered booking us in for corporate as a way to get him to the game

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My dad can't stand up for an entire football match which means he can't do Hibs away so I've considered booking us in for corporate as a way to get him to the game

Not a clue so probably shouldn't be piping in but I've heard nothing but good things about the hospitality, to the extent that as far as I'm aware its quite hard to get places? 

If you're interested though its worth checking for availability, I'm just acting on hearsay for both of my points. 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Sorry mate, I have been out.

Yes, its very good now - there are various different levels and as its a cup match there will be availability for you and your dad.

I am not sure the exact "bit" that will be available for you but when I was in Pioneers you eat at the level between upper and lower (you have probs seen the windows from the South before) and for the match its as simple as walk out a door down to your seat in the West Lower.

Quite pricey (I didnt pay😉) but you can order some staggeringly expensive bevvy (like £45 a nip whiskies) for "free", the staff are great at bringing you more and the food was decent too !

Theres deffo some with seats in W Upper as well, but as I say, I dont know all the packages available and which would be fine for you to buy? As for mobility, there is a lift so he will be ok with that.

Hibs ticket office never answer the phone, but are good at answering queries via email - tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk 

Mel in the office is a star and she normally deals with queries like yours if you dont get an answer via Hearts.

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

What about dwindling crowds as a start?

The attendances quoted every week are nowhere near how many are in the stadium. 

Yes season ticket holders are quoted in the figures but what's gonnae happen when they don't renew. That's the way it's heading. 

Are the 2 previous managers still taking a wage? 

This will be why Johnson is still in charge?

I was prepared to give him the benefit of doubt until I seen him out in town,albeit social media photos,the night before the derby. A fine example to be set to his players?

9 losses in 11 and you'd be chased from any club. 

The club is rotten from top to bottom at the minute. 

1. Fans are on a string and Ron already has their money
2. No they're not. One thing that Dempster got right in her time was to change the severance packages for managers. 
3. Dunno
4. I don't think we can trust a word LJ says, unfortunately. 
5. 'The club is rotten' is a line trotted out on every losing streak, and there have been many, since social media was invented. The Club is not rotten, the form is though. 

11 hours ago, Zing. said:

He’s done plenty of good commercially for the club but his football decisions have been an absolute clusterfuck since he took over and we shouldn’t just meekly sit and say “Ach that’s ok because we’re always shit anyway”. His brand new hospitality suites will be half empty next season if we are playing Championship football. 

Ian Gordon being made the head of one of the most important departments at the club was a genuinely comical decision and a massive red flag. He’s been running the recruitment for a club of our size with zero experience behind him and a subscription to Wyscout. Again, we shouldn’t just sit here and be happy about that decision because the owner “can do what he wants”. 

This is the one for me. None of us know what Ian Gordon has or hasn't actually been involved in. During Ron's summer clarification interviews, he seemed to diminish the importance of the role Ian played in recruitment. 

13 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It really sums up your level of knowledge when you suggest that I’m clueless for suggesting that we are currently “flourishing.”

Hope you’re enjoyed your day today in the knowledge that the club is “flourishing” it sure seems it!

Look at the wink smiley next to the sentence and try to be less literal in 2023. 

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Imagine being a Hibs player and hearing this 

I can’t disagree with him. There are about ten players that could be listed as having had little to no impact for our first team this season. He’s a diddy for telling the media though, just woeful man management.

3 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

This is the one for me. None of us know what Ian Gordon has or hasn't actually been involved in. During Ron's summer clarification interviews, he seemed to diminish the importance of the role Ian played in recruitment. 

He was labelled as the head of recruitment. I don’t think that can be anything other than a key role in our process of signing players, no matter how much Ron tried to play it down. 

I see the EEN are saying we are trying to move back to the same model we were running with when Dempster was here. Ian has had his fun and is now out on his arse I think.

I wasn't huge on LJ coming on, not been entirely impressed since the restart either but broadly I'm not yet of the view that he's needing sacked.

Frankly the board should have been aware about his streaky nature and willingness to throw players under the bus when things go wrong. They've made their bed and now they'll have to live with it.

I say that partly as I barely give a toss at the moment, and also I don't really trust they'll replace him with anyone staggeringly better so why bother spending money to pay him off. Plus we look a right basket case club now, sacking another manager after 6 months is hardly going to attract a high calibre of manager.

Fully appreciate some fans will not feel so emotionless about the whole thing and want to look forward to watching Hibs in the near future. The only tonic I might suggest is that hopefully this is just one of his big streaks coming to an end, and maybe he goes on a winning one now. Who knows, who cares. 

What an absolute dick Johnson is coming across is. Genuinely feels like he's angling for a pay off what with his comments about the board and Porteous the other day and now throwing half the team under the bus.

And was he actually out on the lash the night before the derby or was that just a Hearts fan at the wind up? Either way, it just adds to the current optics.

Fair enough saying stuff like that in private but to be airing this to the media is so small time.

Sooner you lads get rid, the better.