https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-reveals-damning-hibs-30666945

Lee Johnson has doubled down on his accusation Hibs were lazy on Sunday – and used Will Fish as damning evidence.

Johnson went on the attack in the aftermath of the 3-2 defeat to St Mirren on the opening day, insisting his stars didn’t do enough. And he has refused to back down ahead of the Europa Conference League clash against Luzern at Easter Road.

Johnson, who could hand £700,000 striker Dylan Vente a debut, said: “No one goes out to be lazy but fatigue makes cowards of us all. I thought for the third goal Will Fish could’ve got back in quicker. I looked on the GPS because I’m psychotic like that and he ran at 82 per cent of his maximum. So I asked him if a lion had been behind him, how much of his maximum would he have gone and he said 103 per cent, which I thought was quite funny.

“But it proves you have to do the work early and honestly. Will’s one of the most honest players we’ve got, he’s never shirked anything, but on that occasion he’s either underestimated the opponent’s opportunity and thought he could amble in or fatigue’s stopped him going as fast as he can. It’s about motivation and how much you want to get there.

“I don’t do it to dig anyone out and punish them. We have to learn from this. Will Fish is an example, he has to get in the rhythm of us, he came to us quite late from Manchester United where he didn’t have to run back in pre-season games. The bit I enjoy is looking back and actually coaching. It hurts badly but you get back on the horse and hopefully become a stronger team.”

Not sure about digging out our only competent centre back in the the press but whatever. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Ah the old throwing our players under a bus tactic 

Hes been doing it for months.

No doubt he will pick players out of position - again - and then blame the players - again if it goes wrong.

I dont know anyone who wants him to stay.

He’s actually correct in what he says, Fish was to blame for 2 of the goals on Sunday but he doesn’t need to come out with that in the press.

The sad thing is because of his best mate Ben, we won’t be shot of him anytime soon.

Kensell has got to be one of the worst appointments the club has made in a long time, utter charlatan.

Edited by Les Cabbage

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Hes been doing it for months.

No doubt he will pick players out of position - again - and then blame the players - again if it goes wrong.

I dont know anyone who wants him to stay.

He better not pick the wrong team tonight.