3 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

Well done Hibs on progression in the UECL.

In spirit of the Johnstonian management style, I fully expect an embarrassing result against Raith on Sunday 😂

Dont we all, dont we all...........

On 13/08/2023 at 10:55, Hank Scorpio said:

Hi guys. In August last year Ross McLean - a very good friend’s brother - committed suicide in Glenrothes. Ross was reported missing on August 14 and we searched for him for 5 days, before finding him at rest in a quiet wooded area near his home. Ross’ family are understandably devastated by their loss and that they were unable to help Ross, but are determined that for others in a similar position, there is help available. 

Ross was and his family are East Fife supporters, so we will be taking part in a charity 11s game to celebrate Ross’ life at Bayview a week today, with all funds raised for the fantastic charity - Back Onside. A just giving page has already raised nearly £5,000, and we have managed to secure signed strips for a number of clubs, Hibs being one. The strip is available below, and all money raised will go to Back Onside to help those who need it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414723977?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There is also a donations page, if you’d like to donate anything:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/matchforross

The auction ends on Sunday morning. The Hibs strip is currently sat at £122. 

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Pape Habib Gueye to the cabbage.

Seems to be an out and out centre forward, in which case given the other areas we'd need to strengthen for a midfield 3 type formation suggests to me wee Lee is going 4-4-fucking-2.

31 minutes ago, GHF-23 said:

Seems to be an out and out centre forward, in which case given the other areas we'd need to strengthen for a midfield 3 type formation suggests to me wee Lee is going 4-4-fucking-2.

Defence "hoof" offence.  

Would give us two decent big man/finisher combos I suppose, Pape and Vente then Doidge and ALF. 

Do we play a holding midfielder in a two man midfield? No clue, but if we do I reckon we should try to get an upgrade on Jeggo to go alongside Newell, albeit given the difficulty of shifting the likes of Henderson and Tavares then that'll be a problem.

Hadn't been thinking about another forward as our next target but if we're trying to build a 442 I can get behind that and the 4 I've listed are great options on current evidence. 

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Defence "hoof" offence.  

I mean not necessarily, our strengths are in the wide areas and up front, and we've seen a succession of managers try to play intricate or possession based football and it's been eye bleeding. More direct play can be far more exciting if done properly. The most exciting Hibs teams I can remember were fairly direct all things considered.

2 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Would give us two decent big man/finisher combos I suppose, Pape and Vente then Doidge and ALF. 

Do we play a holding midfielder in a two man midfield? No clue, but if we do I reckon we should try to get an upgrade on Jeggo to go alongside Newell, albeit given the difficulty of shifting the likes of Henderson and Tavares then that'll be a problem.

Hadn't been thinking about another forward as our next target but if we're trying to build a 442 I can get behind that and the 4 I've listed are great options on current evidence. 

That's what I was thinking, two similar combos there. Kind of solves the midfield problem a bit - you go Newall plus a baller (Levitt), holder (Jeggo) or runner (Campbell) depending on the game and then have JDH as the lesser version of Newall if needed.

Youan, Obita, Boyle wide with hopefully a new more technical/playmakery type as a different option, although they might think they can get a few good games out of Henderson, Molitnikov and McCallister there - I wouldn't have a problem with the latter two at least getting a chance here and there in one of those roles until January.

Tbh I think at that point we're a left back (I know others will say CH but just don't see them bringing in another) away from a very decent squad.