19 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

500k or 750k + Dylan Levitt

As a serious question for Hibs fans - how much would you imagine Levitt would be worth as a makewieght in any deal with Dundee for McCowan?

He's been absolutely mince every time I've seen him for Hibs and seems to be one of those players coasting for an entire career on one good season (with Dundee Utd in his case), like a smaller, less Irish Connor Sammon.

1 minute ago, lennyzer0 said:

As a serious question for Hibs fans - how much would you imagine Levitt would be worth as a makewieght in any deal with Dundee for McCowan?

He's been absolutely mince every time I've seen him for Hibs and seems to be one of those players coasting for an entire career on one good season (with Dundee Utd in his case), like a smaller, less Irish Connor Sammon.

I remember Dundee swapping Boyle for Alex Harris. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me... 

26 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I've no idea the numbers involved, but if it's what I have heard (for McCowan) then we won't pay that and will move to our other option.

As for Levitt, your assessment is right. Makes the odd decent pass, but overall a poor contribution to every match.

i.e he's pish.

53 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I remember Dundee swapping Boyle for Alex Harris. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me... 

I was annoyed about that deal at the time because Boyle always gave me the impression that he had good basics to work with, i.e. a ton of pace, but just needed to find an end product.

The end product I had in mind was more of the "put the ball in the net/set up a team mate" kind, but to be fair to him it was only after moving to Easter Road he morphed into peak Tom Daley. 

Last time I saw Alex Harris he was sitting in a boozer in Easter Road and kept popping oot for a fag. 

31 minutes ago, Judy Murray said:

I heard £500k

^^ Tam McManus

You've apparently offered 600k & Levitt.

There's about £200k  or so per league placing. McCowan easily takes us from a relegation scrap to a battle for the top 6. Unless we get around £1m (which isn't value for money at all considering he's in the last year of his contract) or a major club such as the OF or an English club unsettle him to the point he's totally downed tools (which would  go completely against his personality) then it'll likely be next summer he leaves us.

I can see a team giving us stupid money. I can't see Hibs doing that.

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I was annoyed about that deal at the time because Boyle always gave me the impression that he had good basics to work with, i.e. a ton of pace, but just needed to find an end product.

The end product I had in mind was more of the "put the ball in the net/set up a team mate" kind, but to be fair to him it was only after moving to Easter Road he morphed into peak Tom Daley. 

Last time I saw Alex Harris he was sitting in a boozer in Easter Road and kept popping oot for a fag. 

He's playing for Berwick Rangers these days...

On 08/08/2024 at 11:04, Tony Wonder said:

Especially with the solid sources they quoted.

Joking aside, it does not fit in at all with how we've been working on transfers. All our transfers this summer have been guys we've been tracking for ages and who we've put a lot of hard yards into getting in, chucking £600k at an attacking player just to piss Hibs off does not fit with how we are currently working, especially when we have so many attacking players as it is. It's not pocket change.

☝️ this. Wouldn't make sense to spend £600k on a player who I don't think is a significant upgrade on the 4/5 we have already that can play in that position?

On 08/08/2024 at 16:13, Leith Green said:

Perhaps wants to be in a country that's not full of skinhead fascists paggering the polis?

This has made me think that Luton - home of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, and generally associated with racists in the past has been remarkably absent from the news recently 

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Apparently we're signing Kwon from Celtic on loan. 

You could do worse.

He initially looked decent for us last season but then picked up an injury that finished his season.

I would’ve quite happily have taken him back, but think our midfield recruitment is done now. 

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Apparently we're signing Kwon from Celtic on loan. 

Hes a defensive midfielder? Tears in my eyes I never thought I’d see the day.

See Vente is f**king off back to Holland too. I had him as better than Nisbet after the start he made and it turned out that he was so far off being close to reaching KN’s level. Hopefully make the money back on him.

Edited by Zing.