FIFA 18

FifeArab

2 hours ago, forameus said:

I got Masiello from the Serie A SBC.  Was pretty annoyed to start with, but putting him between Sule and Sane TOTS with Alaba and Kimmich either side of them is quite a solid back-line.  If I can follow this up with getting anyone who isn't a keeper on Tuesday, I'll be happy enough.  Going to fire through a few upgrade packs and hopefully get the same luck I did with Bundesliga.  

EDIT: Kind of on that note, is there any part of the FUT game mode more half-arsed than the search function?  It's like something a standard grade computing student would put together as a proof of concept.  Want to search for a common name?  Better hope it's one of the 5 highest rated, otherwise gtf.  Want to look purely for rare gold players?  Nut, gtf.  You're looking for one particular player, say Compper, but only the Celtic card, not the other club he was at.  Can I do that?  No, f**k off, we're greying out the club part and letting you choose whether it's gold,silver or bronze instead.  Really, really shite, and it hasn't changed in years.

Couldn't agree more. I'd also like to be able to search for ratings or for particular types of card.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Ligue 1 SBC, thought that maybe I'd get something decent I could fit in, maybe even someone like Verrati (or Neymar...lol).  

Of course I got the keeper Lopes.  f**k sake.  Only saving grace is it saves me the tough choice on who I throw into Tuesday's lot.  Running low on burner TOTS players now, just left with those I'm really using.  Hoping to clear the last of the weekly objective parts to get the ROTW player to give me one more.

See the TOTS SBCs, do you get more than one chance at them? I'd love a different Serie A but I've already done it once and it didn't let me back in, does it refresh after a day or that, or is it a one time only thing? 

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

See the TOTS SBCs, do you get more than one chance at them? I'd love a different Serie A but I've already done it once and it didn't let me back in, does it refresh after a day or that, or is it a one time only thing? 

Every Sunday and Tuesday so you’ll get another chance tomorrow.

1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Every Sunday and Tuesday so you’ll get another chance tomorrow.

Cheers, better try and stock up on players again then :lol: sold them all thinking was my chance was gone to help me fund Costa. 

Screenshot_20180528-075101.thumb.png.1721e0f7b99e7caeb33e9e1e70051604.png
My team just now. Got Futmas Berardi, Mertens, Gomez and Higuain as the subs I bring on, different positions depending on how the game goes. 

Love how Tommy Wright is gaffer.

Anyone know what time the World Cup update is coming. I’m buzzing for it. Don’t buy many games but always got a copy of the WC game before it started.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Love how Tommy Wright is gaffer.

Anyone know what time the World Cup update is coming. I’m buzzing for it. Don’t buy many games but always got a copy of the WC game before it started.

It's apparently tomorrow around 6pm

Think they said it was likely around that time US time, so maybe closer to the SBC drop time for us.  Seems like they don't really know themselves though given it probably requires a pretty sizeable update.

I fired through some upgrade packs yesterday, probably about 6 or so Premium and then whatever basic ones I got out of that.  Nothing out of the premium ones, but then one basic pack got the blue flash.  Skriniar.  Not quite what I wanted, but an upgrade on Masiello who I'd got in the SBC.  Opened the rest of the pack, and what's that?  Another blue?  Masiello.  Duplicate.  It's essentially just trolling me now.  

Going by Reddit, seems EA has fucked up and is awarding hundreds of packs to some people.  Looks like it's linked to how many packs of a certain type you've opened, and you're given as many World Cup packs as that again.  Expect that to be patched up fairly soon.

EDIT: Looked to be fairly harmless, but apparently it grants you a normal FUT pack for every World Cup one, which is less harmless.  

EDIT 2: Also appears to just be XBox.  Boo.

EDIT 3: Aaaaaand they've woken up.  Stores down across platforms, presumably to try and fix it.

You get the equivalent pack in regular ultimate team for every one you open in World Cup mode. If you buy the pack in World Cup mode you redeem the same pack when you open it for regular FUT

Archived