FIFA 18

FifeArab

I really hate FIFA sometimes.

I'm not even saying I should have won this, just that it should have been tighter. My players were missing the target even from one-on-ones with the keeper, their keeper saved any long range shot I hit no matter how good it was and, I was actually 5-0 down pretty much until stoppage time.

FB_IMG_1527163021534.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also picked up Dybala as I finally had enough coins going spare to justify doing it.  He's fucking shit.  Another player I just can't seem to get working, seems a lot slower than his attributes suggest, and missed two penalties on his debut (before a 93rd minute Mertens penalty equalised, and a 120th minute goal won it).  Immediately sold for what I paid and back to reliable wee Bonaventura.

Yeah two up top and he'll run riot in the hole. Don't need to do anything fancy, just a slight change of direction then pump a shot from the edge of the area and it'll hit the net unless you're against De Gea/Prime Yashin. 

Genuinely giving PES a serious go next year instead of this. It's enjoyable and all that but the gameplays an absolute farce. 

Had a stormer of a match there despite a heavy, heavy abuse of the back post exploit from him. Game decided in the final minute when my defender slid in on my keeper for absolutely no reason and the ball falls to his striker a yard or two out. Happens constantly. 

Serious question with regards to the back post method, how the f**k do you do it? I see people pinpoint crossing there all the time but all I ever do is it hit the keeper at the front post

9 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Serious question with regards to the back post method, how the f**k do you do it? I see people pinpoint crossing there all the time but all I ever do is it hit the keeper at the front post

Hold the cross button down longer... 

Against me folk do an earlier than usual cross, usually to Sane, and your full back AI is so they bad they've been standing still while the winger is sprinting so the winger gets there first 

9 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

If its more floated to the back post likely they are pressing L1/LB to get the height. folk take the short corner dribble to edge of box in swing cross seems to always find there defender at the back post to score.

There is a bit to much Script in this game its not always down to the individual player. PES seems to be evolving each year.

Done my first TOTY SBC last night, got Maicon.. 

90 rated CB, the one position I didn't need. Dropped Bonucci and Chiellini for him and Miranda though. 

I've since discovered Maicon has 99 shot power, 88 long shots and 91 free kicks. Glorious fun as I get him charging around the pitch pumping shots in from everywhere. 

I haven't spammed whatever the back post method is, but have managed to score a few playing the 5-2-2-1 formation.  Bailey on the left is absolute filth, and hanging a cross over and just in front of the keeper to the 6 yard box is pretty effective.  Can't say I've seen anyone spam it, but then I've been living in Squad Battles for the past week or so.  Expecting a heavy Online objective this week, so it'll be back to getting dabbed.

12 minutes ago, Yonas said:

If its more floated to the back post likely they are pressing L1/LB to get the height. folk take the short corner dribble to edge of box in swing cross seems to always find there defender at the back post to score.

I'm finding a lot of joy in calling the player short to just inside their box, driven pass to whoever's on the edge, then taking a touch and shot if it falls to someone who can, or slipping it through onrushing defenders if not.  Certainly better than lumping it in and getting bullied off it every time.

TOTS Calcio A

Starting XI

• Samir Handanovic
  • Medhi Benatia
  • Kalidou Koulibaly
  • Milan Skriniar
  • Allan
  • Miralem Pjanic
  • Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
  • Lorenzo Insigne
  • Ciro Immobile
  • Mauro Icardi
  • Paulo Dybala

Bench & Reserves

• Gonzalo Higuain
  • Andrea Masiello
  • Dries Mertens
  • Radja Nainggolan
  • Aleksandar Kolarov
  • Douglas Costa
  • Stefan de Vrij
  • Luis Alberto
  • Josip Ilicic
  • Alisson
  • Lucas Torreira
  • Federico Chiesa

24th Player (DKT)

• Fabio Quagliarella

TOTS Ligue 1

Starting XI

• Benjamin Lecomte
  • Marquinhos
  • Kamil Glik
  • Presnel Kimpembe
  • Karl Toko-Ekambi
  • Luis Gustavo
  • Florian Thauvin
  • Nabil Fekir
  • Neymar Jr.
  • Memphis Depay
  • Edinson Cavani

Bench & Reserves

• Mathieu Debuchy
  • Thiago Silva
  • Houssem Aouar
  • Radamel Falcao
  • Adil Rami
  • Jerome Roussillon
  • Anthony Lopes
  • Marco Verratti
  • Rony Lopes
  • Mariano
  • Adrien Rabiot
  • Kylian Mbappe

24th Player (DKT)

• Marcelo

^^^

Was just posting that

Honestly, if I get anyone from that starting 11 (that isn't Handanovic) I'll be delighted.  Would prefer someone not on the defensive line (Miranda sitting between Sule and Mane will be hard to displace) but any one of these would be brilliant.  So I fully expect to get Alisson (already got) and Handanovic.  Best case, someone like Mertens/Immobile/Icardi first, then someone like Allan/Naingolan in the 2nd.  Lovely old job.

So what do we think the objectives will be when they drop later on?  400 goals on Legendary Squad Battles with goalkeepers?  Win 20 online games 7-6?  Expect the ROW10 objective will be a tough one after the past few, wasn't really impressed with the range you got last week - not really interested in getting a Ramadan-themed kit, or loan players I have no intention of using.

Archived