PETERHEAD - 17/18 Season

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we need to look for at least one or possibly two  defensive players for cover to avoid falling into the trap of taking  players out of the midfield to provide cover, were short in numbers yesterday suspensions injuries could be a problem we have mainly avoided so far this year

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

The Sun saying it's Tony Dingwall we're after.

That was last week, he decided he wanted to stay at County & fight for a place, near sure noticed at the start of this week he had gone on loan to somebody else in a higher league

That was last week, he decided he wanted to stay at County & fight for a place, near sure noticed at the start of this week he had gone on loan to somebody else in a higher league
Also mentioned Alex Harris that would have been a tremendous signing at this level.

29 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

That was in the paper today, Jim was trying to get Alex Harris but that fell through, still thinks he can get Dingwall though.

Fair enough I got my wires crossed with another Dingwall I saw mentioned. Still think we may need another defender for cover.

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Is there a touch of sarcasm in that blueone given previous squads?  Think the lad Dingwall was a winger/striker 

There was a bit of sarcasm but also   factual in that both are listed on their club sites as midfielders.

No doubt whoever we get will be one of those all round midfielders who can play anywhere. :P

Anyway, the P&J had it at the weekend that Dingwall had turned us down.   So Sun or P&J? :whistle

12 hours ago, blueone said:

There was a bit of sarcasm but also   factual in that both are listed on their club sites as midfielders.

No doubt whoever we get will be one of those all round midfielders who can play anywhere. :P

Anyway, the P&J had it at the weekend that Dingwall had turned us down.   So Sun or P&J? :whistle

If it had been in the Daily Ranger we would know it was gospel!:wub:

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Possible loan signing incoming today for you guys. 

Good whoever he is, we could only manage 3 outfield players on the bench last week & look to be even shorter of numbers this week. Interestingly Jim is in todays paper saying he has been chasing players all week quite a few presumably colts that could gain some experience unwilling to travel (although to play in games most would be in the central belt anyway) Jim says they seem to be happy in their own wee comfort zone & don't want to put themselves out. Don't know if he got in touch with Mr McCart after ripping his master plan apart about trying to get colts into the league.  

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Good whoever he is, we could only manage 3 outfield players on the bench last week & look to be even shorter of numbers this week. Interestingly Jim is in todays paper saying he has been chasing players all week quite a few presumably colts that could gain some experience unwilling to travel (although to play in games most would be in the central belt anyway) Jim says they seem to be happy in their own wee comfort zone & don't want to put themselves out. Don't know if he got in touch with Mr McCart after ripping his master plan apart about trying to get colts into the league.  

Chris Johnston confirmed - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3436

You won't hear many good words said about him. He's very small and weak, has some pace but looked absolutely frightened any time he got a game in the Championship. Raith fans told us he was useless when we signed him and that has sadly been the case for us.  He may well suit League 2 level better, but he doesn't come with a glowing report card.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Chris Johnston confirmed - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3436

You won't hear many good words said about him. He's very small and weak, has some pace but looked absolutely frightened any time he got a game in the Championship. Raith fans told us he was useless when we signed him and that has sadly been the case for us.  He may well suit League 2 level better, but he doesn't come with a glowing report card.

Cheers for the info, as mentioned we really are short just now so he should get a chance, you never know a change of scene may give him  a boost.

Chris Johnston undoubtedly has a bit of talent, but as the Moonster said he played like a wee kid who'd lost his way. Injuries and playing for that Raith team look to have had a major impact on him. I wish him all the best with you guys, he seems like a nice chap, and it would be nice to see him get his career back on track.

He's absolutely tiny by the way. Probably second only to Stevie Murray in the shortest player I've seen competition.

Just now, peternapper said:

Cheers for the info, as mentioned we really are short just now so he should get a chance, you never know a change of scene may give him  a boost.

I should add he's a winger but he might actually be better in a central attacking role. As you say, it works for some players at some clubs and doesn't at others. I hope he does well because he seemed to have a lot of promise at Kilmarnock but we really haven't seen much of that at all.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Chris Johnston undoubtedly has a bit of talent, but as the Moonster said he played like a wee kid who'd lost his way. Injuries and playing for that Raith team look to have had a major impact on him. I wish him all the best with you guys, he seems like a nice chap, and it would be nice to see him get his career back on track.

He's absolutely tiny by the way. Probably second only to Stevie Murray in the shortest player I've seen competition.

TBF he was gash before he came in, a bit of Gary Locke charity that backfired.

Archived