Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

11 hours ago, CountyFan said:

I've asked mine this question because shes from reasonably near there (Killearn). Apparently it's all Balloch. Must be a thing that none of them know what the f**k a town is.

ETA: I know Killearn isnt that near these places but when you're from North everything south of Perth is nearby. 

You've spelt "bollocks" wrong.

Expect to be striking a chord here. Mrs B never wants to drive but insists on telling me which lane I should be in. I’ve driven further than her in reverse!

in reverse! 🤣🤣. my mate always says about other drivers he’s spilled more diesel on his boots [emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

I actually think that would (in her mind) confirm her as correct. If she thinks the district is called Alexandria and the town called the Vale of Leven her rationale would be "they called the team after the town" rather than the team having been named after the district, as it actually was. I'm not letting this go. I'm going to order some maps online and leave them dotted around the house conveniently open on the Vale. Knowing her as I do though, it'll all be my fault.

Get her to explain why the Vale of Leven Hospital is in Alexandria.

NHSGGC : Vale of Leven Hospital

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think Sweet Pete has completed this thread.  

That's insane.

He’s making the classic man-mistake of trying to bring cold, hard facts into a dispute with his better half. That sort of behaviour is only going to make her angry. 

Just now, Rasputin said:

He’s making the classic man-mistake of trying to bring cold, hard facts into a dispute with his better half. That sort of behaviour is only going to make her angry. 

That is EXACTLY what happened. I am now in the hinterland of being desperate to prove that she's actively insane using irrefutable evidence and wanting to avoid doing just that because I know full well the precise argument and blame cycle that will follow.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

That is EXACTLY what happened. I am now in the hinterland of being desperate to prove that she's actively insane using irrefutable evidence and wanting to avoid doing just that because I know full well the precise argument and blame cycle that will follow.

You should just get her some flowers and apologise. Just nod and agree with her in future. 

12 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I fully expect that at some point in the next few days, you're getting the fucking bollocking of a lifetime for some utterly trivial shit. Leaving the toilet seat up or something. This is the punishment that awaits you.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

I fully expect that at some point in the next few days, you're getting the fucking bollocking of a lifetime for some utterly trivial shit. Leaving the toilet seat up or something. This is the punishment that awaits you.

The punishment for asking a genuine question, then presenting her with evidence and expressing surprise at her mistake and then attempting to laught the situation off.

She's still convinced I'm wrong and the town is indeed called Vale of Leven FYI.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

The punishment for asking a genuine question, then presenting her with evidence and expressing surprise at her mistake and then attempting to laught the situation off.

She's still convinced I'm wrong and the town is indeed called Vale of Leven FYI.

Don't try to understand the logic.  

36 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

My pride and ego won't let me. I hate being correct and being forced to bite my tongue.

Shouldn't get involved with a woman, then.

20 hours ago, mathematics said:

Pete that’s eerily similar to Mrs Mathematics putting Glasgow as the city in her address, because “bishopbriggs isn’t a city”.

I was discussing the various things that were opening up in West Dunbartonshire to my boss yesterday and he said "How is all that stuff opening up when Glasgow is still in level 3?", when I informed him that West Dunbartonshire was not part of Glasgow his reply was "How? It's got a G post code". 

It would appear nobody in Scotland actually knows where the f**k they're from. 

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was discussing the various things that were opening up in West Dunbartonshire to my boss yesterday and he said "How is all that stuff opening up when Glasgow is still in level 3?", when I informed him that West Dunbartonshire was not part of Glasgow his reply was "How? It's got a G post code". 

It would appear nobody in Scotland actually knows where the f**k they're from. 

Helensburgh has a G postcode. Oban has a Paisley Postcode! We can't take any useful geographical info from them.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Helensburgh has a G postcode. Oban has a Paisley Postcode! We can't take any useful geographical info from them.

I thought everybody knew this, apparently my 50 year old boss didn't and thinks anywhere with a G post code is Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I thought everybody knew this, apparently my 50 year old boss didn't and thinks anywhere with a G post code is Glasgow. 

Everywhere in Northen Ireland has a BT postcode. However, nobody that I know thinks they live in Belfast (apart from the ones I know that do live in Belfast, of course).