Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bold bit is nonsense. I’d love to be able to just spring out of bed when the alarm goes off (or wake up naturally 5 mins before) but people’s bodies do not all work the same way.

Granted I'm under 50. I'm sure I'll have to roll out of bed someday but the principle remains, unless you have gammy legs or something.

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Granted I'm under 50. I'm sure I'll have to roll out of bed someday but the principle remains, unless you have gammy legs or something.

I’m 26, and have never been capable of jumping out of bed when the alarm goes off. It’s nonsense to suggest it’s possible for everyone because it’s easy for you to do. You even mention that you wake up naturally 5 mins before your alarm anyway, so there’s absolutely no ‘shock’ to your body. 

Guest bernardblack
58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's exactly what I do too.  As soon as that alarm starts I'm up and heading for the shower. Shock your brain into waking up.

Agreed. If you think about it or worse, pick your phone up, it’s over. 

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m 26, and have never been capable of jumping out of bed when the alarm goes off. It’s nonsense to suggest it’s possible for everyone because it’s easy for you to do. You even mention that you wake up naturally 5 mins before your alarm anyway, so there’s absolutely no ‘shock’ to your body. 

You're 26?!!! 

I need to readjust my Da-ometer! So just to try and help me understand, when you wake up are your limbs locked and you can't move like sleep paralysis or something?

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You're 26?!!! 

I need to readjust my Da-ometer! So just to try and help me understand, when you wake up are your limbs locked and you can't move like sleep paralysis or something?

A staunch Tory unionist calling me a da, hunbelievable!

When my alarm shocks me awake, my brain is not able to switch straight into action and get my legs working like normal. It’s a very basic concept you’re struggling with here, people’s bodies operate in different ways. You naturally wake up in the morning and have no problem getting up, others don’t and have to be shocked awake by an alarm which is incompatible with immediately jumping out of bed.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

When my alarm shocks me awake, my brain is not able to switch straight into action and get my legs working like normal. It’s a very basic concept you’re struggling with here, people’s bodies operate in different ways. You naturally wake up in the morning and have no problem getting up, others don’t and have to be shocked awake by an alarm which is incompatible with immediately jumping out of bed.

48 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Not sure I agree with this "shock" theory. If somecunt booted in your door in the middle of the night that would "shock" you awake but you'd be out your bed in a flash and grabbing the nearest blunt object on your way to the door. I tend to agree with Stormzy that this is all a mental thing and if folk push themselves to do it they'd get up at the first time of asking no problem. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure I agree with this "shock" theory. If somecunt booted in your door in the middle of the night that would "shock" you awake but you'd be out your bed in a flash and grabbing the nearest blunt object on your way to the door. I tend to agree with Stormzy that this is all a mental thing and if folk push themselves to do it they'd get up at the first time of asking no problem. 

In the scenario you describe your body is producing a huge hit of adrenaline to kick start you into immediate action. I would question how easy it would be to train your body to do this automatically when your alarm goes off in the morning. It quite clearly is a mental rather than physical issue (as in the issue is with the brain, not the legs etc), but that doesn’t make it just a case of ‘pushing yourself’ in the same way that someone suffering depression can’t just push themselves to not be depressed.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

In the scenario you describe your body is producing a huge hit of adrenaline to kick start you into immediate action. I would question how easy it would be to train your body to do this automatically when your alarm goes off in the morning. It quite clearly is a mental rather than physical issue (as in the issue is with the brain, not the legs etc), but that doesn’t make it just a case of ‘pushing yourself’ in the same way that someone suffering depression can’t just push themselves to not be depressed.

I'm not sure I'd put "standing up in the morning" on the same level of struggle as depression, but I accept your point. 

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

The only "Da" thing about the Stromzy and honest man conversation is the "pyoor da" assumptions by Stormzy that everyone should be able to do what he does. 

I think you're getting a wee bit carried away..

I don't think it's the case that everyone is physically able to jump out of bed or get up straight away when they hear their alarm. 

If you're fit and able then it is a mental decision to stay in bed. 

Edited by Stormzy

I have two alarms for work in the morning. My old phone sits on top of my wardrobe and plays this at 5:50

I set my normal phone for 6:00 just in case, but usually I turn that off before it goes. I spend about 20 minutes from my alarm going trying to make my eyes focus on the television and make myself want to eat something.

"I need to be away", half an hour before an appointment that takes 15 minutes to get to.

"It only takes 5 minutes" whenever I have the same journey to make for an appointment.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Last night - "leave the grill to cool down, I'll clean it tonight or first thing tommorow". Guess what I found when I came in from work?? Unreal.

IMG_20210423_173442.jpg

Did you use that to dry your trainers?

The genius parks her car up the street a bit because I’m moving stones from the drive. Gets out to ask if I’ve put them in this part and that. Despite me having told her numerous times to park the car in gear she doesn’t and I know she never engages the handbrake fully. Out the corner of my eye I see movement and it’s her car rolling towards another parked one. She stands and watched while I run into the road to try and stop it and shouts “open the fucking car and get the handbrake!” Car stops no damage done and she looks and says “I don’t think that was very nice shouting and swearing like that.” I could have choked her.