Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

If I was going out every weekend without her then that'd obviously be a problem but it's very rare. A lot of my friends go out with her friends anyway so most of the time we're all out together. It's only ever an issue when I try to appease her by saying I'll be straight home after the football knowing full well I'll likely end up going to the pub. I'll need to stop that. That said, I don't give a f**k if she goes to the pub with folk from work or her friends etc so expect the same treatment.

We've both started our first 'real' jobs this summer after finishing Uni and aren't seeing each other as much during the week, so looking forward to the 'we never spend time together' patter on Saturdays when I'm away to the football.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm pretty certain this is the 2nd time that this has been asked and answered in the past fortnight.  I'm also pretty certain that those who don't know the phrase are c***s or under 30.  Same thing, really.

'Drunken old beast phrases' thread for this pish.

9 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

So based on that it's basically a partner? Or someone you're shagging but not officially going out with but live with?

Either way, a dreadful term.

So based on that it's basically a partner? Or someone you're shagging but not officially going out with but live with?

I've always understood it as your partner, but you're living together. Not just "going out". Had never heard it until moving north. Shite term indeed.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

'Drunken old beast phrases' thread for this pish.

I understand it as a live-in partner, aye.

I'm pretty certain this is the 2nd time that this has been asked and answered in the past fortnight.  I'm also pretty certain that those who don't know the phrase are c***s or under 30.  Same thing, really.

Sorry, I know the phrase and I'm under 30 and a c**t. Must be a gid c**t I guess.

She had to return some clothes last week and I had a day off. Had an appointment at Specsavers in town so volunteered to return the items. Was told there was a bag of clothes in the hall with the receipts inside. I grab the bag and return the clothes before returning home with my new lenses in the same bag with the receipts.

Now I put this bag on a chair in the living room and forgot about it. Now I've had a text to ask why I didn't return a couple of the items (they were in a separate bag that I wasn't told about) and that she can't find the receipts.  Apparently my lenses are sitting out on the chair but the bag itself has disappeared.

So basically she's binned the bag with the receipts in it and is now blaming me for not returning the items that I didn't know needed returned.

#logic

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Surely they're just going to get wet in the washing machine anyway?

Yeah, I'm not getting this either. Why would you waste time drying something before putting it in the washing machine? Ludicrous behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Surely they're just going to get wet in the washing machine anyway?

If you put a towel in, everything gets damp. You then remove the towel to wash with other such items. The rest of the washing in the basket remains damp and starts to smell. 

18 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Wasn't quite that but I'd agreed an evening out with some associates, she came hame in a shite mood, want me to stay in I offered and no I was told...within a few hours the messages came, can't believe you went out, what am I going to do tonight, you could see I was in a bad mood. Me repeating the truth "you knew I was going out and said it was fine" was just seemed to make things worse.

Well, it would, wouldn't it? :lol:

If you put a towel in, everything gets damp. You then remove the towel to wash with other such items. The rest of the washing in the basket remains damp and starts to smell. 

It's all getting washed anyway! Mate, f**k off.

19 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Nine times out of ten, if I have plans, especially so when they've been planned for a relatively long time, on the allotted day she will announce she's exhausted or unwell and needs me on hand to assist with the kids. This has been going on for years, long before we became parents. The old excuse was that she was unhappy, unwell, depressed etc and needed me, now it's the kids. Happens so often I can set my watch by it.

I've noticed this behaviour in my missus as well. Either that, or the day before/morning of the day I've plans on she will make a suggestion that we do something and then throw a fit when I complain about having told her a while back I had made plans. I've been trying to decide recently whether or not I should call her out on it. So far I've gone for the easy option of having the argument in my head.

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Why would anyone's Mrs moan about them going out for a few jars? Mine couldnt care less as long as I don't take the piss. Infact I think she likes to get rid of me to watch the shite I don't let her watch when I'm in like Love Island/Towie/Say yes to the dress etc. 

In my case it's because I am generally incapable of going for a few. If I tell her I am going out for a couple and I come home anywhere near the time I said I would probably be home at, it is borderline miraculous. I am a binge drinker and have a habit of just seeing where the night takes me. She cannot understand either of those things. She has started to accept it mind you, much less resistance to me visiting Scotland without her nowadays as she knows if I go for a weekend I will spend the vast majority of it in a pub and be incapable of entertaining her let along other women.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I've noticed this behaviour in my missus as well. Either that, or the day before/morning of the day I've plans on she will make a suggestion that we do something and then throw a fit when I complain about having told her a while back I had made plans. I've been trying to decide recently whether or not I should call her out on it. So far I've gone for the easy option of having the argument in my head.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would put up with this sort of shite from their partner/wife.  It's absolutely baffling.  

I've called mine on it before, on a number of occasions. It's had a mixed result really. She's occasionally been indignant at the suggestion. Occasionally she's tried to counter it with something like "aye well you go out all the time and I never go out". For the record, that's mince. I very rarely go out. Very occasionally she has been slightly, grudgingly accepting of the truth of it and has added or increased the number of her insistences that I don't cancel my plans nowadays when it's clear she wants me to. So basically she's arse covering in case I cast it up.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would put up with this sort of shite from their partner/wife.  It's absolutely baffling.  

Don't start giving it the big 'un now that you're separated. You put up with plenty before.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Don't start giving it the big 'un now that you're separated. You put up with plenty before.

Not on the scale that you're talking about.  Making you feel like you need to cancel pre-arranged plans because she's not wanting you to go out?  Get that to f**k.