Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

It's taken me 12 years of living with her to realise that regardless of the month and time of day she cannot enter a room without putting the light on.

I personally rarely use the big light as I prefer to watch TV in the dark and pretty much only use the Kitchen light.

She will come in at 6.00 in summer and still put the light on.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

It's taken me 12 years of living with her to realise that regardless of the month and time of day she cannot enter a room without putting the light on.

I personally rarely use the big light as I prefer to watch TV in the dark and pretty much only use the Kitchen light.

She will come in at 6.00 in summer and still put the light on.

Rig up the switch so that she gets a small/or large electric shock. That'll put a stop to it. IMO.

We've a couple of friends coming to visit from Switzerland today so we decided on Sunday to give the house a proper tidy. Now I should stress that we were babysitting on Monday and Tuesday night so we were limited timewise. We had to sort out the garden, tidy the 2 spare rooms which have just been used as storage for lots of stuff (holiday clothes, bags etc) as well as a general tidy and clean. 

What's the first thing she wants us to do?

Clean the kitchen cupboards. 

Not tidy up the room in which they will be sleeping.  Not sorting the garden that we are hoping to chill and have a drink in.  Not the living room where we will be a lot of the time.  

We've a couple of friends coming to visit from Switzerland today so we decided on Sunday to give the house a proper tidy. Now I should stress that we were babysitting on Monday and Tuesday night so we were limited timewise. We had to sort out the garden, tidy the 2 spare rooms which have just been used as storage for lots of stuff (holiday clothes, bags etc) as well as a general tidy and clean. 
Not tidy up the room in which they will be sleeping.  Not sorting the garden that we are hoping to chill and have a drink in.  Not the living room where we will be a lot of the time.  

Give Ross our regards

6 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I've had similar arguments, even if the visitors are not staying, she'll hoover under the bed etc. If they are under my bed at any point in the visit ill want to know why?

41 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've had similar arguments, even if the visitors are not staying, she'll hoover under the bed etc. If they are under my bed at any point in the visit ill want to know why?

AHM GONNAE SHAG YE copyright @chigsy91 GBNF xx

She rarely answers her phone on my first attempt of trying because "it's on silent". (Well what fucking use is that?!) And she never answers if she doesn't know the number. By the time she does pick up my call I'm absolutely fizzing. Then she asks why I'm in a mood which sets me off again. It's genuinely that bad that we fell out at the hospital a few years back. (Thumb-gate!) The lassie at A and E asked if my details were still correct and that my next of kin was my mum. I said yes. We sat down and she was pissed off she wasn't listed as my NOK to which I told her she was warned she should start answering her phone or this would be the case. If she never answers then what use is she as a NOK?!

After two attempts of trying to phone her she answered the phone the other day and I said I'd be home later than I thought and asked her just to order a takeaway. I asked for crispy duck with any sauce other than curry. Her response was "OK, text me". I've just fucking telt ee what I want why do I need to text it?!

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Not infuriating at all really, but me and Mrs B and off to Inverness for a wee night away today. She went out with her pal lastnight, not planning to get drunk since she didnt want to be rough for our wee trip.

Cue her rolling in after midnight gassed and is now rough as toast this morning. She thinks I am suitably pissed off about this where in fact I am buzzing at my new found position astride the high horse.

Did you decide where to eat/stay?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Glen Mhor hotel and Mcgonagalls as she insisted on a steak.

I will now order my steak blue so as to ensure maximum boakage for her when she sees me eat it.

I'd be very interested on your opinion of McGonagalls, like I said it was shit for me but that was only one visit and I've heard everything from shit to the best steak ever tasted. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I will pass my review in due course. Il be seething if they f**k up my steak since I wanted to go to Rocpool and Mrs Pisshead got her way.

Sounds like you're just as under the thumb as I am then. :angel

Glen Mhor hotel and Mcgonagalls as she insisted on a steak.

I will now order my steak blue so as to ensure maximum boakage for her when she sees me eat it.

Stayed at the glen mhor a few years ago , highlander breakfast in the morning will be a real treat !