The DUP

Blootoon87

Think I read Edwin Poots would let him back in if he wins. Not a big fan of the LGBT community to close to Iris Robinson levels and basically built his career by carrying a Union Jack around on a pole a lot in a somewhat childish sort of way whenever Ian Paisley was in robust street politics mode in the 1980s for the benefit of those who have no idea who we are talking about.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think I read Edwin Poots would let him back in if he wins. Not a big fan of the LGBT community to close to Iris Robinson levels and basically built his career by carrying a Union Jack around on a pole a lot in a somewhat childish sort of way whenever Ian Paisley was in robust street politics mode in the 1980s for the benefit of those who have no idea who we are talking about.

Ah, yes, the halcyon days of The Rev shouting "Never! Never" at people through a microphone... 

Mind you, to be fair he occasionally talked sense... "Line dancing is as sinful as any other type of dancing with its sexual gestures and touching. It is an incitement to lust".  That one caused al lot of achy breaky hearts...

Sorry, it's late, I'll get my coat... 

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What leaves me a bit puzzled is if Poots doesn't want to be first minister as he is positioning himself for some sort of Free Presbyterian Ayatollah role and Donaldson wants to stay on at Westminster as an MP (probably?) who exactly is getting the poisoned chalice of replacing Arlene at Stormont and having to deal with those ever so progressive and reasonable ex-balaclava wearers?

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Donaldson (or an outside chance of another MP) becomes leader while Foster stays on as FM. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Donaldson (or an outside chance of another MP) becomes leader while Foster stays on as FM. 

No, won't happen

8 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Ah, yes, the halcyon days of The Rev shouting "Never! Never" at people through a microphone... 

Mind you, to be fair he occasionally talked sense... "Line dancing is as sinful as any other type of dancing with its sexual gestures and touching. It is an incitement to lust".  That one caused al lot of achy breaky hearts...

It was soon revealed that he had really meant to say lap dancing from what I remember but that got nothing like the same level of publicity.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There is an old joke about Wee Frees being against sex because it might lead to dancing..

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Arlene'll do it.

The timing of the UUP guy stepping down does make you kind of wonder if a door is being opened for her and those like her (not anti-LGBT evangelical creationists more CoI or secular, definitely not from a loyalist estate with painted kerbstones) to return to the mothership.