Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

28 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

But we're all raking it in off SFA subsidies right? According to most Junior posters.

Who says the fixtures are dull and unattractive? This is straight out of the BankiesAlive and Isa Goudie book of prejudices :lol:

well argued post otherwise.

Edit- plenty evidence to suggest the LL has overtaken the HFL already. Mainly because the standard in the HFL has plummeted since 1994.

The size of the crowds tell you that it's dull and unattractive! 

Spoke to a LL committee man who told me that they played in front of a crowd of 18 at Alloa against BSC!

1 hour ago, Bankies Alive said:

Spoke to a LL committee man who told me that they played in front of a crowd of 18 at Alloa against BSC!

Not like you to come back with a crowdwank :lol:. The fact is 80% of the 160 Junior clubs get the same sort of crowd or less than Whitehill do but I wouldn't describe them as dull or unattractive and neither would you.

I look forward to trips to Gala, Spartans, Dalbeattie, Vale, Gretna, etc. These teams look forward to an awayday at Whitehill as we've got a decent social club and the ground is quite popular too. The difference is, I manage to squeeze in a decent number of Junior games a season as well, while you just bore on about the BSC situation which is only hearsay (but I'm prepared to believe it). And I do think it's farcical that they're playing in Alloa.

As I've said plenty times, the LL perception in the west is distorted because you have these 3 'glorified boys clubs' as you call them plus Edusport out of a league of 16 which has plenty traditional clubs.

Edited by The Mantis

Its not crowdwank,it's stating a fact! Until clubs like BSC and Edusport get hunted it will always be seen as a joke.The fact that these clubs were able to take advantage of the clusterfuck that has been put in place tells you all you need to know about the demise of Scottish football.

Thr LL is supposed to be the 5 th tier of Scottish football not comparable with lower league district junior clubs ffs!

Its not a perception in the west (where the majority of people live btw) it was set up by EoS league clubs for EoS league clubs!

You have one SoS league club who were in it that couldn't wait to get out of it and another who put the brakes on and lost loads of games in case they got forced into it! Yet that league is seen as a feeder to the LL? Give me a break.

What complete and utter bollox if we just counted all the free loaders and hangers on in attendance the crowd would be more than 18. What we did see at Alloa last season was steady improvement in attendances as the season progressed. Obviously the bigger teams such as EK and East Stirlingshire drew the biggest crowds. I would estimate BSC average attendance for last season was something in the region of 50 to 70.

15 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Its not crowdwank,it's stating a fact! Until clubs like BSC and Edusport get hunted it will always be seen as a joke.The fact that these clubs were able to take advantage of the clusterfuck that has been put in place tells you all you need to know about the demise of Scottish football.

Thr LL is supposed to be the 5 th tier of Scottish football not comparable with lower league district junior clubs ffs!

Its not a perception in the west (where the majority of people live btw) it was set up by EoS league clubs for EoS league clubs!

You have one SoS league club who were in it that couldn't wait to get out of it and another who put the brakes on and lost loads of games in case they got forced into it! Yet that league is seen as a feeder to the LL? Give me a break.

It is a crowdwank if you just ignore my points. You're right Scottish football is in decline though, seniors and juniors, don't pretend your grade is thriving, the West Premier is good but it's not typical.

I told you last week but you ignored that too, the EOS clubs were happy to join it but it wasn't set up by the clubs, it was set up by Regan who is/was clueless about the Junior game and all the seniors happened to be in the east.

But instead of seeing that your enemy is the blazers including your own, you keep firing away at the clubs who are just like your club, that's right, just because we're not Juniors, we're not 'crappy', we just happen to be on the other side of the country. So give ME a break.

The two main people Regan put in charge of setting up the LL were from EoS league clubs.

They could have explained that unless the Juniors were involved it would never be a proper pyramid but they didn't.They just acted out of self interest and noticing that it looked east centric they got in a couple of teams with no playing history to make it look good.

They got what they wanted.Dont try and kid on that they weren't relieved when they kept out all of the top non league clubs in the West!

My lot are surrounded by Juniors and we play them regularly in friendlies, doesn't bother us who's in the league, the more the merrier.  We even had Beith and Bo'Ness last year, they both were impressed by our #notajuniorclub and we're playing Penicuik tonight.

Maybe ask Spartans what they think about it though :whistle

50 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Wow a massive 50! 

Players who aren't playing and relatives of players no doubt.

I'm sure Edusport will have plane loads of French fans flocking to Annan to watch them.Its so farcical it's funny :lol:

So the crowd make up matters as well does it? Families of players don't count. Does that effect how entertaining the game is as well?  And why are you comparing us to Edu Sport? there are absolutely no similarities between us and them

Wow a massive 50! 

Players who aren't playing and relatives of players no doubt.

I'm sure Edusport will have plane loads of French fans flocking to Annan to watch them.Its so farcical it's funny :lol:

Oh and by the way you do understand 50 to 70 is an average and is based on me attending the games and seeing the crowd for myself and not relying on an "unnamed source". Oh in case your wondering I'm not a players relative or an injured player. Just a fan.

One of about a dozen going by the games at Lochburn!

BSC are a joke club.Using money from coaching kids netball,football etc to finance a semi pro football team is laughable.

The club have never been anywhere near Broomhill! The folk that live their don't even know you exist.

How many season tickets do you sell? 

Edited by Bankies Alive

3 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

One of about a dozen going by the games at Lochburn!

BSC are a joke club.Using money from coaching kids netball,football etc to finance a semi pro football team is laughable.

The club have never been anywhere near Broomhill! The folk that live their don't even know you exist.

How many season tickets do you sell? 

You are one sad individual. You peddle a load of p1sh about a club you know feck all about. Using fake quotes from phantom LL committee members to justify your nonsense and when your called out on it. It's a but you don't have any fans, a but its not the right type of fan, a but the football is boring. I tell you one thing we're doing something right if we're getting plonkers like you so excited. If Swifty's team achieves what we're all hoping for and many are predicting this season you better be prepared to get yourself booked in for therapy.

10 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Thats only a hundred or so less than we get so don't start wanking over the crowd figures. The LL is a great idea, is it perfect no, but given the lack of appetite from the juniors with it then it can't be anything more. I find it really distasteful when a fellow Bankies fan slags off other teams crowds etc considering the circumstances we find ourselves in which led to our current position. BSC/Edusport are in the LL because they took an opportunity to apply, who is anyone to criticise any team's ambition?

It's not a lack of appetite though!

it was set up to be what it is.They didn't want Junior teams in it ffs.

There is no access to it for the best non league teams from the biggest population area in the country other than playing in a pub league and it's by design.

The pyramid is a great idea,if only we had one.

Nobody is wanking over crowds but it's supposed to be a spectator sport after all.

Do you really think it's acceptable that a bunch of French students who pay to learn English and play a bit of football in front of absolutely nobody should be playing in the 5th tier of Scottish football? If you do then the game is well and truly down the tubes.

Thats what Regans half arsed pyramid has given us.

Thats only a hundred or so less than we get so don't start wanking over the crowd figures. The LL is a great idea, is it perfect no, but given the lack of appetite from the juniors with it then it can't be anything more. I find it really distasteful when a fellow Bankies fan slags off other teams crowds etc considering the circumstances we find ourselves in which led to our current position. BSC/Edusport are in the LL because they took an opportunity to apply, who is anyone to criticise any team's ambition?

Just so people understand your position and i quote .

We're not in the position to really make a definitive decision on it, I'd say a majority of the fans would back it, but we also have a large group who love junior football (personally i fucking hate it and if it wasn't for me being a bankies fan i'd not bother) so it might be a hard one. I'd never want us to rejoin the league at the expense of another club unless I won the lottery and bought Airdrie. It makes financial sense for us to join the LL, the money from the sfa grants, cup matches against bigger teams etc would help us make the step up, its just whether or not the rest of the support feel that way too.

So you hate junior football a place that rescued your club now that's distasteful and I'm sure many will agree. Is this a common view at Clydebank?? Cause over the years when they have did well and celebrated like mad at doing well the last thing it looks like is people hating anything you must trod off in the huff when such occasions occur i mean why celebrate anything in something you hate.

That's a diabolical attitude to have fucking shocking actually not that you will care.

Ok folk may prefer there club to go one way or another but to say you hate this grade of football is an utterly pathetic way to feel about any grade of football that has enriched and been a part of Scottish society for over 125 years and who i repeat took Clydebank in.

Aye i think the lowland league is a joke, aye i have my views on certain things mostly opposite to people like yourself but i don't hate any level of football .

Maybe best not to bother going to something you 'hate' so much i know the last thing i would do is invest my time money and emotion into my team if i hated what they were apart of.

7 minutes ago, rednblack said:

So you hate junior football a place that rescued your club now that's distasteful and I'm sure many will agree. Is this a common view at Clydebank?? Cause over the years when they have did well and celebrated like mad at doing well the last thing it looks like is people hating anything you must trod off in the huff when such occasions occur i mean why celebrate anything in something you hate.

I doubt many would care when the junior game is run as badly as it is tbh. Just go on continuing to pretend it's thriving and KRR are a plucky East Dunbartonshire side though...

4 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Junior clubs were given the chance to apply and didnt, what else are the SPFL supposed to do?

To be fair (and you've written a lot of good things on the board the past year), would you expect clubs like my own to move en-masse, no matter how ambitious... when our minimum journey would be 80 miles return? I know that way of thinking perhaps sounds a bit simplistic, but look what's happened in the South of Scotland League the last few years with St Cuthbert and Wigtown.

Edited by Sunrise

2 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

would you expect clubs like my own to move en-masse, no matter how ambitious...

Yes - every single club should move across and make it work from the inside.  It really doesn't have to be that complicated. Clubs would still keep their 100+ years of history, they'd still be playing against their local rivals but there would be something to aim for beyond the top league. 

6 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Yes - every single club should move across and make it work from the inside.  It really doesn't have to be that complicated. Clubs would still keep their 100+ years of history, they'd still be playing against their local rivals but there would be something to aim for beyond the top league. 

Not disagreeing ultimately but if you think it'll be easy, you haven't been to a West region meeting!

(Two of them has been enough for me to have a snapshot of just how much needs to be done)

Edited by Sunrise