Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Robb09 said:

Have now read through this thread from start to finish and have come to the conclusion basically that everyone who doesn't agree with the op is wrong. Why on earth did he ask a question that only he has the answer to in the first place?

Do you have anything positive to contribute to the debate, or are you just going to whinge about pre-season admission prices?

2 hours ago, Robb09 said:

I never said there was anything wrong with it or the question asked but Kelty have done what is best for them and others will follow if they so desire. What I can't understand is why someone who appears so strongly opposed to it and thinks only he has all the answers should ask others for an opinion in the first place. 

Strongly opposed to what exactly?

56 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes, I agree we have something called a pyramid, but my point is that despite what they call it, or what they think it is, it isn't. So please no more platitudes about realising potential. I'm not getting at you Burnie man, I actually get where your coming from. We need to unify and get the big clubs with big supports in the non league in a better set up than what we have, which is a quick fix which suits some, including the governing body, but is actually a facade! 

We need the big clubs with the big supports to realise that Kelty will probably not be the last Junior club to disappear off to the East of Scotland League/Lowland League, and to start questioning where the Junior game is headed. Continued isolationism isn't the answer.

First question for you and your support is, do Talbot want to engage in constructive change. The press release was quite damning of the SFA, but it means nothing if it's not followed up by meaningful debate.

43 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We need the big clubs with the big supports to realise that Kelty will probably not be the last Junior club to disappear off to the East of Scotland League/Lowland League, and to start questioning where the Junior game is headed. Continued isolationism isn't the answer.

First question for you and your support is, do Talbot want to engage in constructive change. The press release was quite damning of the SFA, but it means nothing if it's not followed up by meaningful debate.

The facts are that the SJFA will not put any pressure on the SFA for any change. Tom Johnston is quite happy to sit on the SFA board and take all the freebies and plaudits that goes with it. In other words the SJFA have no interest in change.

Until the clubs  stand up as one and demand change, nothing will happen, and the Junior game will continue in the same way, with the same moans and gripes from clubs.

One person attempting to convince others to his own position is a discussion of controversy not a debate. 
In my opinion and others are welcome to disagree, what Kelty have done is not to the detriment of junior football but charging full admission prices for training sessions will be eventually.

You've not read the whole thread have you. There's people airing all points of view and everyone is entitled to air them, that's what the thread is about.

Kelty leaving, and with others likely to follow, raises huge questions over Junior football's future. Do you have a view on that or are you going to whinge about admission prices for friendlies which nobody really cares about except you.

Anyway, I'm off to a game where it's either set admission or donation. Not that it bothers me.

The facts are that the SJFA will not put any pressure on the SFA for any change. Tom Johnston is quite happy to sit on the SFA board and take all the freebies and plaudits that goes with it. In other words the SJFA have no interest in change.

Until the clubs  stand up as one and demand change, nothing will happen, and the Junior game will continue in the same way, with the same moans and gripes from clubs.

Pretty much spot on.

27 minutes ago, Robb09 said:

Have you even read my post? Pretty sure I said I'd read it from start to finish. People who agree with you are "spot on" those that don't are wrong. That's not a debate.

It's also common knowledge that the junior section of pie and bovril is not a fans forum and membership comprises mainly of established club officials. So no surprise to see all the back slapping and ganging up on a new member who dares to question where they are going wrong.

you have a finely honed sense of self pity that has taken more seasoned posters years to develop. You'll fit in fine.

Armadale have always been able to draw in decent crowds for big matches, but they have never really been amongst the big hitters on the pitch in modern times ie post 1950's, in fact they have rarely featured in the top division since 1997-98 when they were relegated from the old East Region Division One.
The potential is still there though if they get their act together, but they're kinda at a low ebb at the moment.

IMG_1500490348.770759.jpg

The Dale can still pull a crowd, this pic was a while back, hopefully the strategy is in place to take the club back up the way

1 hour ago, TheGothClock said:

IMG_1500490348.770759.jpg

The Dale can still pull a crowd, this pic was a while back, hopefully the strategy is in place to take the club back up the way

Aye, that's the sort of potential The Dale have, lot of hard work on and off the pitch needed to get back to it.  Whitburn pulled in crowds like that as well but again for a club of their size they're not setting the heather on fire.

48 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Aye, that's the sort of potential The Dale have, lot of hard work on and off the pitch needed to get back to it.  Whitburn pulled in crowds like that as well but again for a club of their size they're not setting the heather on fire.

Looks like you Dale were playing Talbot that day?

5 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

The SJFA will not put any pressure on the SFA for change because the clubs don't want it if the response to the letter that was sent out to every club a few seasons ago asking if they were interested in a pyramid is anything to go by. Only 30 odd were in favour of pursuing dialogue with the SFA which is less than 1 in 5 clubs and I don't see that being much different now.

I personally would be quite happy for the SJFA to start talking to the SFA to see where Junior clubs (those that were interested that is) would fit into the jigsaw then those that wanted to move could and leave the rest  to get on with improving the Junior grade

Edited by santheman

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

The SJFA will not put any pressure on the SFA for change because the clubs don't want it if the response to the letter that was sent out to every club a few seasons ago asking if they were interested in a pyramid is anything to go by. Only 30 odd were in favour of pursuing dialogue with the SFA which is less than 1 in 5 clubs and I don't see that being much different now.

Not quite true.

Those 30 odd clubs replied yes to a question about whether they would like to eventually attain SFL status.

There was a further question asked (can't remember if it was part of the same questionnaire or not) if clubs supported the concept of a Pyramid, I believe the vast majority responded positively.

The latter question was the more relevant, but it meant diddly squat anyway, it just lead to the SJFA not conducting any further surveys on the matter.

14 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Whitburn by look of it. The east needs both of thesr two up in the Superleague.

Don't disagree with those two in Superleague, but still think it's Talbot, 5th round tie early nineties, 0-2 result. Remember being there and that photo looks familiar. Can someone tell us for sure?