Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

Given the previous reluctance of the SJFA to discuss change - was their move to consult clubs engineered from above?

I think with the growing speculation around a number of clubs who are considering the move, the lack of any clear progress with regards to sponsorship and the continued mess with the fixtures, TJ has realised he has to at least pretend he offers something resembling leadership to the Junior clubs if he is going to have any chance at continuing to steal a wage.

Whatever the outcome with the juniors, I think the best option for Bonnyrigg is to move to east of Scotland. In fact, I’d suggest all Lothian teams should consider this.

In the west, without an obvious place to go, I’m not sure.

2 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Whatever the outcome with the juniors, I think the best option for Bonnyrigg is to move to east of Scotland. In fact, I’d suggest all Lothian teams should consider this.

The creation of a West of Scotland League.

If anyone is interested, we have now publicly announced the result from Sundays vote.

http://www.clydebankfc.com/club-statement-3/

ETA:

Sensible decision for me and the one I expected, though I know a few were disappointed that we are deferring for a season and would have preferred us to go all in and apply for next season.

Edited by Ross.

5 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Will be interesting to see what the decision is on this at the clubs that have put applications in. If the goal is the LL and beyond in the years ahead, the EoS may still provide the easier pathway.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

If anyone is interested, we have now publicly announced the result from Sundays vote.

ETA:

Sensible decision for me and the one I expected, though I know a few were disappointed that we are deferring for a season and would have preferred us to go all in and apply for next season.

Yeah totally agree Ross,wait a season while holm park is being upgraded and also wait to see whether a west of scotland league will be set up for 2019-20.   If not its the E.o.S.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

He really just won't surrender will he ?

If as his statement says the club's now hold the decision (here's me thinking they always did) , someone have the balls to set up a motion of no confidence

Kelty why did you never try that route ?

Possibly through fear the club could be discriminated against for rattling the cage, we were going for a title last season and didn’t want anything derailing it.

Its common knowledge that had TJ got his finger out, started talks and we had an answer or date when  Junior clubs would get into the pyramid and be able to be Licenced we would have stayed. Once we got the rubber ear we researched our options which led to our move. We were confident other clubs would follow after they done their research.

TJ had a pop at Kelty as we were leaving through emails to the club asking if we had read the SJFA rule book on clubs leaving the grade and another pop publicly at the SJFA AGM so I feel we are fair game to have a pop on here now that we are away, we possibly didn’t have the courage to last season and seasons before. 

We should have all been involved as 1 driving change but it wasn’t entertained, to note Linlithgow also didn’t want to listen and refused to attend our meeting with Boness and Bonnyrigg which was a shame arguably the biggest club in the East.

Why should we sit and wait to the detriment of our club when we knew we were being ignored and failed by those above. 

ETA:

Im sure Scott Robertson and TJ will make you feel very welcome. Bit of a daft decision given you’ll need to groundshare anyway. Will your crowds suffer due to having what is on paper a meaningless season?

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

ETA:

With all the changes in the EoSFL it would be unlikely to get promotion to the Lowland League in a season. Makes this probably the best decision with momentum for a proper West of Scotland feeder now happening and Clydebank being in prime position for a place in it.

If Kelty win promotion this season, they have pulled off an absolute master stroke, basically moving from Junior to tier 5 within a season. 

If they don't, I would imagine if all the rumours are true, the east of Scotland league will become far more competitive next season.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im sure Scott Robertson and TJ will make you feel very welcome. Bit of a daft decision given you’ll need to groundshare anyway. Will your crowds suffer due to having what is on paper a meaningless season?

There is a worry(Which I share) that they may try to make an example of us, but given the very recent announcements and the way the momentum appears to be going I am less fearful of that than I was a few weeks back. The SJFA are now in a position that means punishing us carries a lot more risk than it did because it could easily convince clubs/committee's who are on the fence re the SJFA that they clearly care more about themselves than the football, and it may push clubs away.

Crowd wise I don't see a major impact. How we are doing on the park will have a bigger influence on that. If we are pish, our crowds will be down anyway. If we are doing well we will still get the usual boost that comes with that.

The fact we now have a clear vision on where we want to be and how we are going to get there is the most important thing though.

44 minutes ago, Ross. said:

ETA:

Fair play to Clydebank for not wanting to go rushing into anything & upgrading their facilities first.

38 minutes ago, kefc said:

Possibly through fear the club could be discriminated against for rattling the cage, we were going for a title last season and didn’t want anything derailing it.

Its common knowledge that had TJ got his finger out, started talks and we had an answer or date when  Junior clubs would get into the pyramid and be able to be Licenced we would have stayed. Once we got the rubber ear we researched our options which led to our move. We were confident other clubs would follow after they done their research.

TJ had a pop at Kelty as we were leaving through emails to the club asking if we had read the SJFA rule book on clubs leaving the grade and another pop publicly at the SJFA AGM so I feel we are fair game to have a pop on here now that we are away, we possibly didn’t have the courage to last season and seasons before. 

We should have all been involved as 1 driving change but it wasn’t entertained, to note Linlithgow also didn’t want to listen and refused to attend our meeting with Boness and Bonnyrigg which was a shame arguably the biggest club in the East.

Why should we sit and wait to the detriment of our club when we knew we were being ignored and failed by those above. 

What did he say in the emails and at the AGM? 

One thing I’m finding hard to fathom is how TJ has been at the helm for so long. With the obvious benefits to the pyramid and becoming licenced, you’d think/hope there’d be some individuals (or at least one person) in the SJFA administration that’d have the bollux to stand up and say ‘We need change’. 

Looking in from afar it’s as if the rest of the SJFA administration either have the blinkers on, or are afraid because TJ is a terrifying tyrant that’ll chop heads off if his minions don’t toe the line! 

Edited by 8MileBU

11 hours ago, wullie robb said:

8 Mile

I don't know this guy whatsoever,  but it sounds like your 100% Correct in saying he's not giving it up. 

His statement reads along the lines of, I've sat on my arse and done nothing for years, but I've now been found out as to being absolutely useless and I'm now going to panic and spout some words to try and cover up my years of doing zero. 

So Scott whatever his name and his bum paper are the PR and Marketing  medium chosen by T Johnston to inform the member clubs of his thoughts. Is this an autocratic decision or does he have the authority of the SJFA to use this means?

What about the member clubs that don’t have a twitter account how were they informed?

Anyway it stinks of desperation from Johnston try to protect his job.

27 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What did he say in the emails and at the AGM? 

Upon our thanks to him and everyone at the SJFA email in June for the past 37 years and that we were leaving, our attention was drawn to rule 3 page 9 which states resigning and moving regions and needing 12 months to resign. Our Secretary pointed out we weren’t resigning from a region to join another region within the SJFA and that we were resigning from the association and leaving fully.

The AGM we got word back he wasn’t very complimentary about us and sarcastically said “I hope it doesn’t go wrong for them.” or words to that effect.

Classless but not surprising.