Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, daleboy1969 said:

This is now a everybody must leave the juniors post ..absolute garbage .if clubs want yo leave let them go .I would urge the beaks to expel any clubs turned down by the eosfl. As for clydebank the WEST region should show them the door .if they don't want to be junior goodbye . NOW LET THE REAL JUNIOR CLUBS CONTINUE IN SCOTLAND'S BIGGEST NON LEAGUE GRADE ..

Armadale Thistle right there fowks   :lol::lol::lol:

This is now a everybody must leave the juniors post ..absolute garbage .if clubs want yo leave let them go .I would urge the beaks to expel any clubs turned down by the eosfl. As for clydebank the WEST region should show them the door .if they don't want to be junior goodbye . NOW LET THE REAL JUNIOR CLUBS CONTINUE IN SCOTLAND'S BIGGEST NON LEAGUE GRADE ..

Read this in a Donald Trump voice in my head

If 99 teams go the others have to follow. Remaining Junior would be the beginning of the end for those opting to stay.

West solution is relatively straightforward and could be achieved by transporting Leagues as they are structured for next season.

What a mess in the East though with Junior teams jumping ship and getting a jump on the others. Could have a situation where Linlithgow and Boness are in lower leagues than Dalkeith etc.

Goodness knows how all of the East teams could be integrated into a sensible structure combining EOSL and East Juniors and fitting them in at the appropriate level.

Linlithgow and Bo’Ness would only be in a league below Dalkeith if they decide to go, they’re under no obligation to. There’s nothing stopping them remaining in the juniors. There’s also nothing stopping them leaving but if they do they’ll join at the bottom, as you’d expect.

I'm sure a while back he was throwing a strop about having to travel to Fife for games which was apparently bankrupting the club. Real Juniors there.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Linlithgow and Bo’Ness would only be in a league below Dalkeith if they decide to go, they’re under no obligation to. There’s nothing stopping them remaining in the juniors. There’s also nothing stopping them leaving but if they do they’ll join at the bottom, as you’d expect.

Maybe they're planning to join this new WoSL when it gets off the ground!

Goodness knows how all of the East teams could be integrated into a sensible structure combining EOSL and East Juniors and fitting them in at the appropriate level.

A transitional season of groups or similar in the first instance, then a couple of seasons of relegation and promotion will sort that.

You do the twitter don’t you?lol.

[emoji23]

21 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

50B08745-FBBB-4EC8-A914-F077651B48AD.jpeg

ColdUnsightlyDuiker-size_restricted.gif

I think the HFL has to divide into two leagues and open itself up to applications if we are to see progress north of the Tay. HFL voted against this and any progress towards creating a pyramid up there has stalled.

I might be wrong, but are you referring to the "Stables plan" of two 10 team divisions? That was voted down years ago as the plan was for playing once home and away and then an extended group stage League Cup. It was a terrible idea!

The current HFL plan is to split if the numbers go above 20. How practical this is really given with 18 teams it's a struggle to complete the season before the playoffs.

There certainly needs to be a discussion about how a pyramid structure can encompass the north. It's difficult since it's geographically huge but with a relatively small population and thus the quality drops off fairly rapidly.

Currently as well, North of Tay (Bridge) clubs would fit into HFL territory. I'm not sure how things will progress up here, but given the majority in favour of the pyramid, it can't be ignored.

36 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

This is the worst post I've ever seen on pie and bovril.  Anywhere.  

39 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Thats almost as embarrassing as whoever wrote that Armadale Twitter post last night. 

Oh!

IMG_0355.jpg

48 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Armageddon in Armadale...

51 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Imagine your meltdown if it turned out Armadale had submitted an eos application 

44 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It would be 2 Leagues below if as expected the EOS go with 2 divisions next season.