Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Question......When do we see the new Eof S league/s structure for next season ? Or is it already agreed or are the suggested local derbies just conjecture at the moment. or have the current members decided which current members are going to step aside to let the juniors fill the top places in their league as a jesture for joining them next season..

Never seen what the admission prices are in that league..know it costs £7/4 for our local LL games.

Just now, BENJI BOY said:

Question......When do we see the new Eof S league/s structure for next season ? Or is it already agreed or are the suggested local derbies just conjecture at the moment. or have the current members decided which current members are going to step aside to let the juniors fill the top places in their league as a jesture for joining them next season..

Never seen what the admission prices are in that league..know it costs £7/4 for our local LL games.

31st May is the deadline for applications now. 7th June is the AGM of the league. Once that's over we should know as it's likely to be ratified on the day.

Between the deadline and AGM there will likely be some indication of what it would like as the numbers will be known and clubs will likely be offering up their suggestions which will filter out publicly.

33 minutes ago, jc1 said:
1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

All what you have said is great BUT where does the funding come from to do ground improvements and run u20 sides ECT? There is a pot for EoS I understand but when that pot needs to be shared out to another say 30 clubs then each club receives or potentially receives a great deal less than they were surviving on so these teams leaving for the promise of a pot of gold and stability to survive are being lead up a garden path imo

You don't get money just for simply joining the EoS. However even if that was the case, and 30 teams joined to dilute the funds - it would still be more than the square root of f**k all you get from the Juniors.

As for ground improvements, you can get up to £10,000 from the Scottish Football Partnership if you're looking to get an SFA licence as a EoS member: https://thescottishfootballpartnership.com/apply/

Also, Fauldhouse said yes in the survey to joining the pyramid. It's now clear that the only way in the east to join the pyramid is via the EoS so your club needs to decide soon if  you want to be part of it...

Edited by Ginaro

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The way to test it is for a Tayside club from north of the midpoint of the Tay Road bridge to put in an application. The worst that could happen is that it gets turned down, so there's nothing to lose in trying.

This suggestion is not appropriate at this late stage, as it would cause further confusion and uncertainty. There are two clear reasons :

(1) the current Highland/Lowland boundary needs to be reviewed fully, by the PWG  in consultation with the SFA, SPFL and the Highland & Lowland Leagues, with input from the EoSL and the  SJFA or ERJFA. This is far from a straightforward issue, and it cannot be modified' off the cuff', in the last week of May 

(2) both the EoSL and the East Region Junior Leagues have already proposed their revised structures for 2018/19. This must be consolidated this week IMO. Tayside & Perth clubs still have a Super League to play in for next season, and 2 regional divisions below it. 

Leaks and rumours are commonplace on this forum and elsewhere, and members, fans, and players will inevitably get further confused, and  a new bout of speculation regarding their clubs, which will not help financial planning/sponsorship, etc..............particularly because such applications are unlikely to get considered, or approved (this year) .  

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

31st May is the deadline for applications now. 7th June is the AGM of the league. Once that's over we should know as it's likely to be ratified on the day.

Between the deadline and AGM there will likely be some indication of what it would like as the numbers will be known and clubs will likely be offering up their suggestions which will filter out publicly.

Thanks..that helps greatly....another question that came up in discussion yesterday...….are the clubs that have been accepted for next season entitled to attend the AGM on the 7th June to determine policy on all matters or are they not official members till they are in the league and playing in season 2018/19
Sorry to be pedantic

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The HL is under no obligation to accept licensed applicants, and very few clubs or supporters are in favour of a split. If this tier 6 scheme of yours was a condition for the Pyramid, I feel sure the Highland League, Superleague, West Region, East Region and NCL would all say f**k the Pyramid in that case, in a vote. Probably the Taysiders too. Cove and may a couple of other Shire teams could apply to join the Tayside villagers. Are you talking about multiple tier 6 leagues by the way, and throw of the dice play offs to see who gets promoted? Or if it's one region wide Superleague how is it decided which teams merit inclusion?  Orkney away to  Luncarty? Applying Southern solutions to  Highland football doesn't work, the situations are entirely different.

Your post highlights matters that need to be resolved. That's why a full  review of boundaries, and the North & West pyramid structures below tier 5 is needed.......................during the next 9 months. Not over the next 9 days.

23 hours ago, jc1 said:

To be fair guys I will take the advice and ask about. Personally I'm frustrated at working hard and my players even harder to gain promotion to play in the top league against the top teams it's been whipped away from us so I guess that's why I'm coming across a bit bitter. But reality is my club need to see what's best for us whether it be we stay go to EoS or apply to go to the west we now need to sort something especially what's happened over last few days with multiple clubs looking to move

Considering what's been happening in the last few months you'd think your club management, committee and fans would have talked this to death by now. You can bet every club in the West from Girvan to Shotts and everywhere in between is quietly watching events in the East. Bizarre you've left it so late.

26 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

Hi Bill,

Are you finally coming round to the idea about EOS football? I was going to buy you a season ticket for any East Junior team for next season as well.

Brilliant news about the Big Rose winning the league eh? Looks like that hard working Wee Rose committee are finally seeing sense also ... Lets abide by their decision as you said.

Hope you are well.

1 minute ago, BoomShakalaka said:

Hi Bill,

Are you finally coming round to the idea about EOS football? I was going to buy you a season ticket for any East Junior team for next season as well.

Brilliant news about the Big Rose winning the league eh? Looks like that hard working Wee Rose committee are finally seeing sense also ... Lets abide by their decision as you said.

Hope you are well.

See you have still got the fishing rod out and the many changes of bait have got you no where but keep trying......and the last people I need to buy me a season ticket for any grade of football are the whacky baccy and cider swillers who attend New Dundas Park.... sure I will miss junior football in the Lothians but that's the way of the world at the moment and I have accepted that..though you don't seem to accept my word for it...but that's your prerogative.. Yes it was pleasing to see Bonnyrigg Rose emerge eventually as Super League Champions for the supporters sake after a few hiccups in the last two weeks..I.don't swallow all this big Rose and wee Rose drivel that seems to give a lot of people great pleasure in the High Street.....a bit of respect should be shown to the other Rose who have a fine history of achievement in the junior game too...it will be interesting to see the how the game between them pans out tomorrow night..

Yes I am well and will miss my Saturdays at New Dundas Park in good honourable company and the many other friendly junior venues that I have visited in the past years but that is my choice and as I have said before my few coppers wont be missed in the new scheme of things in the Eof S.....but I will come along if they have a home tie in the William Hills cup that they have earned by winning the league......enjoy your priveleged Super League Champions celebrations in your tight circle it may be a long time till you have another such occasion.....Good luck in your travels next season...

19 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

See you have still got the fishing rod out and the many changes of bait have got you no where but keep trying......and the last people I need to buy me a season ticket for any grade of football are the whacky baccy and cider swillers who attend New Dundas Park.... sure I will miss junior football in the Lothians but that's the way of the world at the moment and I have accepted that..though you don't seem to accept my word for it...but that's your prerogative.. Yes it was pleasing to see Bonnyrigg Rose emerge eventually as Super League Champions for the supporters sake after a few hiccups in the last two weeks..I.don't swallow all this big Rose and wee Rose drivel that seems to give a lot of people great pleasure in the High Street.....a bit of respect should be shown to the other Rose who have a fine history of achievement in the junior game too...it will be interesting to see the how the game between them pans out tomorrow night..

Yes I am well and will miss my Saturdays at New Dundas Park in good honourable company and the many other friendly junior venues that I have visited in the past years but that is my choice and as I have said before my few coppers wont be missed in the new scheme of things in the Eof S.....but I will come along if they have a home tie in the William Hills cup that they have earned by winning the league......enjoy your priveleged Super League Champions celebrations in your tight circle it may be a long time till you have another such occasion.....Good luck in your travels next season...

To be fair Bill it looks like a got a bit of a bite there! Anyways the offer is still there .... Ive never tried whacky baccy in my life thats a scandalous statement to make! I am not too confident regards the game tonight we have not been great the last few weeks.

At least next season you wont have so far to travel with many of the games being derby games and probably bigger crowds also  as not many teams bring fans with the exception of a few.  I am pleased that you have accepted that this is the best way forward for all. Many clubs have now figured out that the future is licencing and I dont think you will be able to stay away !

I always enjoy celebrations.  I am hopeful we can win the EOS next season Bill so hopefully another celebration next year.

6 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Thanks..that helps greatly....another question that came up in discussion yesterday...….are the clubs that have been accepted for next season entitled to attend the AGM on the 7th June to determine policy on all matters or are they not official members till they are in the league and playing in season 2018/19
Sorry to be pedantic

As far as i'm aware they'd be free to attend, but i've seen it said that full voting privileges don't kick in till the completion of their first season.

I find it absolutely astonishing that, over the last few weeks with all these comings and goings in east region, that not one public announcement has come from SJFA or ERJFA.
All the club's holding EGMs, seem to be clear about 1 thing, uncertainty.
The Juniors needed to publicly set out their stall; this is why you should stay, this is what it looks like, this is what we are going to do in the future....
But nothing.
You could almost believe that they are happy to see clubs go.
These same clubs appear to be powerless though. There is no way they should be putting up with this. Some clearly aren't.

I find it absolutely astonishing that, over the last few weeks with all these comings and goings in east region, that not one public announcement has come from SJFA or ERJFA.
The Juniors needed to publicly set out their stall; this is why you should stay, this is what it looks like, this is what we are going to do in the future....
But nothing.
These same clubs appear to be powerless though. There is no way they should be putting up with this. Some clearly aren't.
Certainly nothing has been public but there were certainly a lot of panicking phone calls being made by the east officialdom yesterday.
Their new superleague 16 with 2 districts just announced last week is already somewhat doomed not to be as balanced as it was.
For those not in the know their was to be 4 relegated from this new sl and 2 promoted from each district.
I think those districts had 16 and 15 teams.
Lochore the only team that had been shuffled geographically.

Certainly nothing has been public but there were certainly a lot of panicking phone calls being made by the east officialdom yesterday.
Their new superleague 16 with 2 districts just announced last week is already somewhat doomed not to be as balanced as it was.
For those not in the know their was to be 4 relegated from this new sl and 2 promoted from each district.
I think those districts had 16 and 15 teams.
Lochore the only team that had been shuffled geographically.
All the secret squirrel stuff just smacks of unprofessionalism, lack of direction and lack of leadership.
People want to know what the future holds and if the organisation cannot present what that vision looks like, then clubs cannot be blamed for taking matters into their own hands and shaping their own future.

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

But nothing.

Totally agree. The silence from the sjfa makes me think (tin hat time) they're happy for the east to implode, that way they don't have a headache of trying to suss out what to do with the east juniors when pushing a west sl etc that's part of the pyramid structure at the same level as Eos. 

The handling of this whole thing has been utterly shameful by both the sjfa and ersjfa. 

It doesn't help all the underhand tactics of the Eos by constantly moving the goalposts. How many deadlines have we had now? Every time the date has moved it's caused more confusion resulting in teams panicking and leaping into the unknown.

Those teams that set out their stall early doors (like Dalkeith) clearly done some research and after much deliberation came to a conclusion the Eos was best for them. All the moves from teams in the last few days/week simply stinks of panic and desperation. To move to Eos simply cos your neighbours are is a little sad. 

Totally agree. The silence from the sjfa makes me think (tin hat time) they're happy for the east to implode, that way they don't have a headache of trying to suss out what to do with the east juniors when pushing a west sl etc that's part of the pyramid structure at the same level as Eos. 

The handling of this whole thing has been utterly shameful by both the sjfa and ersjfa. 

It doesn't help all the underhand tactics of the Eos by constantly moving the goalposts. How many deadlines have we had now? Every time the date has moved it's caused more confusion resulting in teams panicking and leaping into the unknown.

Those teams that set out their stall early doors (like Dalkeith) clearly done some research and after much deliberation came to a conclusion the Eos was best for them. All the moves from teams in the last few days/week simply stinks of panic and desperation. To move to Eos simply cos your neighbours are is a little sad. 

Underhand tactics by the EOS? Give it a rest.

You paint the EOSL folks to be like a shoal of sirens luring the unwitting junior clubs to their doom.

The EOS rules are pretty clear, normal applications should come in by the end of April, but any applications in time for the AGM (by 31st May latest) will be considered at that moment. Kelty made a late application last year as well. Nothing changed.

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

But nothing.

Simply put, the SJFA aka TJ does not give one toss about the clubs in the east.  He is only concerned with his western empire and is happy to let the east be an experiment so he can keep the backing of his west cronies.

9 minutes ago, Bathgate_Exile said:

I don't know about happy, but the individuals are obviously way out of their depth and don't seem to have the capacity to cope.

52 minutes ago, TheLad said:

All the secret squirrel stuff just smacks of unprofessionalism, lack of direction and lack of leadership.
People want to know what the future holds and if the organisation cannot present what that vision looks like, then clubs cannot be blamed for taking matters into their own hands and shaping their own future.

Part of the problem right now is you must be dealing with competing and conflicting ideas coming from the SJFA and the East Region. The current East Region structure has been gutted to the point that it's enough for the bigger Superleague clubs to contemplate the EoS.

The SJFA's reponse to them is: ride out 2018-19. Then in 2019-20 you'll be in the SJFA Lowland Superleague with at least Tier 6 status and you'll be in a better spot than whatever the EoS becomes.

While the SJFA is focused on the bigger clubs, the East Region has to be focused on everyone so their vision is: East Region Superleague with 2 Regional Leagues below and essentially the status quo. Doubt the Region will be too keen on the SJFA Lowland Superleague as all it does is gut the Region even further.

16 minutes ago, Bathgate_Exile said:

They set the fixed deadline of March 31st with the knowledge that depending on playoffs they'd consider late interest to balance out their league. Which is how the vast majority of leagues operate. Most clubs don't even get their applications accepted until the league's AGM but the EoSFL did it back in April specifically to avoid uncertainty.

The level of interest in late applications far exceeded their expectations so they set another public deadline of 31st May to let everyone know they could apply and it isn't a closed shop.

There's been nothing underhand in it, in fact they've been quite open during the entire process.

Edited by FairWeatherFan