Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hearing similar developments, for next year??

Still time to pull it off, don't think it was much earlier than this that the Lowland League was officially off the ground. The Lowland League did also mention something about exciting developments that they hoped to let people know about soon.

25 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It didn't frustrate me that you had a different opinion. It frustrated me that you dismissed my opinion by saying "well, you obviously don't know what you're talking about."

Ask around. Few football fans are excited by the prospect of watching the adult section of a youth club play before family and friends in an all-seater stadium with 8,000 seats. The Colts may be great at what they do, and all teams started somewhere, but that's just how it is for now.

I don't recall saying you don't know what you are talking about, I asked if you knew much about Cumbernauld and its work within the community, what the size of the stadium and how many fans they have has to do with them being a community club I don't know.

It seems to fit the narrative you are on regarding the importance, in some way, of a club having a number of fans attending each game. As I said, I personally don't feel that is of any importance, particularly when assessing how much of a community club a club is. 

The nature of your post dictates that you are peddling the same exact approach you are accusing me of, my first post was directed solely towards your dismissal of Cumbernaulds identity as a community club. Nothing more, and to sate that they are no more than an adult section of a youth club diminishes your entire stance. 

And you round off by saying that is the way it is for now..... I guess though that this is what the whole Internet forum thing is about, differing opinions and approaches. 

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Used to wind up Shire fans on here about having a derby game against Bo'ness United in about 5 years time now the pyramid was being brought in without really believing it. Now it could happen. :thumsup2

Tonight's news should give a boost to everyone involved with the club, including fans and kids teams.  It will take a lot of hard work but the thought of such matches is really exciting.

Congratulations to the Bo'ness fans on here who wanted this to happen.

Quite astonishing how fast this has come. I have read back a bit as I have only been on P&B for a short time. Just over a year ago people were posting the EOS is dead and Kelty would be very unwise to move...

If they stick to a 16-team Superleague then currently it would be:
3-West Lothian
1-Clackmannanshire
6-Fife
1-Perth and Kinross
2-Angus
3-Dundee
Realistically looking at 3 x 12 for next season.

Looks like there will be 39 teams left in the East Region  after Broxburn, Dundonald and the wee rose leave.

A 14 team top league with a 13 team North and 12 team South division by the look of things for those remaining.

Edited by Truthteller

I'd rather my team was mid-table and mediocre in the EoS than be under the rule of TJ and Co.  I'm not slating Junior football, it's been great but the leadership has been horrendous and is one of the main reasons I'm glad to see us leave.

I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s going to be like having a full seasons fixture list!

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

I can’t even begin to imagine what it’s going to be like having a full seasons fixture list!

The club will realise the benefit.  Match sponsorship and hospitality can be planned ahead at last.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Given the amount of teams in each ERSJFA division next season, it should be possible for the East Juniors to have one as well! (or am I expecting too much?)

The silence from Sauchie is mystifying unless they have put an application in under the radar.