Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

And Faldhouse knew nothing of these moves? Are they ex directory?

Missing my point. This isn't just about the Fauldhouse committee. Even if they were daft in what they did there's other people losing out based on their decision and the quicker this whole mess gets fully resolved the better.

7 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

And Faldhouse knew nothing of these moves? Are they ex directory?

Exactly. Fauldhouse had plenty of time to get in a late application but chose not to do so.

There would need to be three more teams trying to get in at the last minute so that all the divisions have the same amount of teams.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Missing my point. This isn't just about the Fauldhouse committee. Even if they were daft in what they did there's other people losing out based on their decision and the quicker this whole mess gets fully resolved the better.

Clubs had until the extended deadline of the 31st to apply and until that date to consult other clubs around them. Teams sitting on their hand, believing the utter shite spouted by some supposedly 'in the know'... does the dead deadline get a new deadline, and then what about the clubs that don't jump then - do the EoS produce a new dead dead dead line? There has to be a cut-off at some point. It didn't take the wheeling out of Mystic Meg to see where all this was going once the likes of Bonnyrigg headed off to the EoS. The only question was it going to happen now or slightly later on. It's staggering how complacent some clubs have been about the ERSJFA's big guns not leaving at any point and therefore having zero contingency plan.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

That's downfield, lochee utd and carnoustie tweeted pretty derogatory stuff about the movers.

This kind of shows why few in Tayside give a hoot about pyramid future for the area.

I except Arbroath vics who would probably have applied if they had anywhere to go.

They might be hooting like an owl hitting a juggernaught if/when the West Region sign up...

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Clubs had until the extended deadline of the 31st to apply and until that date to consult other clubs around them. Teams sitting on their hand, believing the utter shite spouted by some supposedly 'in the know'... does the dead deadline get a new deadline, and then what about the clubs that don't jump then - do the EoS produce a new dead dead dead line? There has to be a cut-off at some point. It didn't take the wheeling out of Mystic Meg to see where all this was going once the likes of Bonnyrigg headed off to the EoS. The only question was it going to happen now or slightly later on. It's staggering how complacent some clubs have been about the ERSJFA's big guns not leaving at any point and therefore having zero contingency plan.

Perhaps worth bearing in mind that Bo'ness and co were given the time to hold multiple meetings to arrive at the sensible conclusion having been swayed by previous propaganda from Tom Johnston. The original deadline was March 31st. The big picture on this should be getting everybody on the same page as quickly as possible and doing what's best for the players and fans.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Perhaps worth bearing in mind that Bo'ness and co were given the time to hold multiple meetings to arrive at the sensible conclusion having been swayed by previous propaganda from Tom Johnston. The original deadline was March 31st. The big picture on this should be getting everybody on the same page as quickly as possible and doing what's best for the players and fans.

None of that I disagree with but the deadline can't be extended in perpetuity. With a 2 month extension already granted, was that not long enough?

Sensible option for Fauldhouse: Application for a deferred entry into EoS 2019-20. Publicly confirmed & accepted. Possible participation offered in the 2018-19 EoS cups (lot less junior games this year, so might be workable).

Played out publicly might entice two more clubs to push forward league entry. Worse case they'd know where they're going next year and can plan accordingly.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

None of that I disagree with but the deadline can't be extended in perpetuity. With a 2 month extension already granted, was that not long enough?

Obviously not in some cases. It can't get dragged out forever but think they could provide another week long window without it getting in the way of organizing next season's fixtures and 39 is an awkward number they would probably prefer not to have.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Obviously not in some cases. It can't get dragged out forever but think they could provide another week long window without it getting in the way of organizing next season's fixtures and 39 is an awkward number they would probably prefer not to have.

Lithgae Rose are delaying their decision till Monday night. Room for emergency applications imo.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Lithgae Rose are delaying their decision till Monday night. Room for emergency applications imo.

They were always due to make the decision on Monday, were they not? That date was announced about a fortnight ago.

45 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The South Regional Challenge Cup and the Junior Cup could be rebranded - with this card of games aready on the table, only change would need to be in Highland who don't have many knockouts played at the weekend (League Cup only). As the number of clubs in addition to this year's Junior membership doesn't go above 256, the structure of the Junior Cup, perhaps with some R1 regionalisation and the binning of replays, could be used.

I'm sure this would be good in a different set of circumstances but given the way this situation has been handled across the board, If you were the eosfl or LL would you wish to incorporate a national trophy from the juniors? I'm not sure that I would sadly.... But maybe that's just me. 

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I suspect if applications were at least in before the AGM they could be considered by the other clubs. In everyone’s interest to sort it out quickly but if there are clubs wanting to join better to get them in this year, especially the better clubs so future years don’t suffer the one sided games issue.

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

They were always due to make the decision on Monday, were they not? That date was announced about a fortnight ago.

Don't think the plan was for 2018-19. More 2019-20 EoS or SuperDooperLeague.

They announced the meeting when Dunbar & Craigroyston were considered the last applicants. Days later Penicuik & Arniston were confirmed as gone.

That set everything off again.

10 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

I'm sure this would be good in a different set of circumstances but given the way this situation has been handled across the board, If you were the eosfl or LL would you wish to incorporate a national trophy from the juniors? I'm not sure that I would sadly.... But maybe that's just me. 

Well the South Regional Cup already exists and *if* all the Juniors came into the LL catchment it would be expanded to include them too.

All we're saying is that would be widened to clubs in the HFL catchment.

Call it what you like, use whatever physical trophy that you like... it's still going to be a superior non-league knockout IMO to the two cups as they are just now.

19 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Sure, but it could excuse a delay for the tardy with incomplete information to make a decision.

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Well the South Regional Cup already exists and *if* all the Juniors came into the LL catchment it would be expanded to include them too.

All we're saying is that would be widened to clubs in the HFL catchment.

Call it what you like, use whatever physical trophy that you like... it's still going to be a superior non-league knockout IMO to the two cups as they are just now.

Yep I get that but what the original poster was stating is they felt the junior cup should be taken over with the juniors should they go. I dont believe it would be given the nature of the handling of this. Only my opinion though. 

6 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Yep I get that but what the original poster was stating is they felt the junior cup should be taken over with the juniors should they go. I dont believe it would be given the nature of the handling of this. Only my opinion though. 

It's one of the oldest competitions on the go and I'd hope that it was not the epitaph of the present blazers that it ends up obsolete and gathering dust because of abject leadership. I'd really hope there was a way for the cup to live on, either in body or spirit.

It’s unrealistic to think that the juniors have any future without the big rose. 

It was a real fitting way to end it all with us as reigning champions. 

I can only see us getting stronger from this point onwards. Great committe and a team that could currently hold their own in league one.