Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Thought STV's graphic illustrating the pyramid system was quite apt for the current situation.

https://player.stv.tv/episode/3noz/stv-news-edinburgh/

Untitled-1.jpg

The graphic is a useful reminder.

What if anything, is happening in Dumfries & Galloway ? For example would the SoSFL clubs chose.....

* to stay as they are, at tier 6 league, albeit with no real interest from its clubs in getting promotion to the SLFL, albeit as an independent league, participating in the champions play-offs  ?

* to merge fully with a new West of Scotland (especially the licensed clubs), presumably as a D&G feeder, with clubs being "slotted in" if the Juniors join the pyramid on mass

* to merge with the EoSL and decide to accept demotion to Tier 7, as a feeder league to it, instead of to the WoSL (there is already an affinity between the EoSL and the SoSFL).

It is surely time for the SoSFL's  clubs to consider their future ?

* to  

Edited by Robert James

It makes me happy knowing that the West juniors will all be left behind. 

Also reassuring to know that the West bias will disappear.

After the Beith stitch up there was no other option for the big rose. 

What was the Beith stitch-up?

20 minutes ago, energyzone said:
32 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

What was the Beith stitch-up?

This?

1 hour ago, Red Rose said:

I can only see us getting stronger from this point onwards. Great committe and a team that could currently hold their own in league one.

I’m a big admirer of the Rose but let’s no get carried away  :lol: Unless you mean league 2...

Deano #1 got about 60 games for Berwick. Deano #2 had a decent career at Cowden. Both perennial  lge 2 strugglers. The rest of the squad have no significant senior experience afaik. Big Kieran is never going to score goals at league level, even Wayno at his peak couldn’t do it on the big occasion. And yes, I know you deservedly beat Dumbarton...

The east are weaker than the west by a heavy margin.

Bonnyrigg are the big team in the east at the moment but were never able to topple the west big dogs. I do wish them luck in the future unlike red rose who must still have a few thorns up his backside.

22 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I’m a big admirer of the Rose but let’s no get carried away  :lol: Unless you mean league 2...

Deano #1 got about 60 games for Berwick. Deano #2 had a decent career at Cowden. Both perennial  lge 2 strugglers. The rest of the squad have no significant senior experience afaik. Big Kieran is never going to score goals at league level, even Wayno at his peak couldn’t do it on the big occasion. And yes, I know you deservedly beat Dumbarton...

Deano #2 played most of his Cowden games in the  Championship we were hardly in L2 during his time with us.

29 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Assuming all still there, Michael Andrews, Lee Currie and Ewan Moyes all 100+ senior apps. Brown, Gray and Nelson in the 90s.

Edited by cmontheloknow

16 minutes ago, Talbot 78 said:

The east are weaker than the west by a heavy margin.

Bonnyrigg are the big team in the east at the moment but were never able to topple the west big dogs. I do wish them luck in the future unlike red rose who must still have a few thorns up his backside.

You say that, but nothing I’ve seen this season suggests there’s much of a gap between east and west. It’s more a question of overall standard in the juniors, and my hunch is that it’s slipping.

35 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

They are all playing at a level well above league 2 and Kieran has been superb for months. 

Wayno has been at his peak for the Rose. 

Dean Brett is easily one of the best players in the league on current form  

You are a slaver pal. 

Edited by Red Rose

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Assuming all still there, Michael Andrews, Lee Currie and Ewan Moyes all 100+ senior apps. Brown, Gray and Nelson in the 90s.

Still having nightmare's about Michael Andrews short spell with us:lol:

3 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

They are all playing at a level well above league 2 and Kieran has been superb for months. 

Wayno has been at his peak for the Rose. 

Dean Brett is easily one of the best players in the league on current form  

You are a slaver pal. 

Don't know about the rest of your squad but as you say Dean Brett is a good player and could easily still be playing in the SPFL.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't know about the rest of your squad but as you say Dean Brett is a good player and could easily still be playing in the SPFL.

The boy has been superb in the second half of th season. Wouldn’t look out of place in the championship or premiership.  Double figures goals and work rate. 

44 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Looking forward to another local derby if we get to the lowland league.

surely we’ll not dodge you in the cups.

2 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

The boy has been superb in the second half of th season. Wouldn’t look out of place in the championship or premiership.  Double figures goals and work rate. 

He done well for us in the Championship and it was said that Livi and Falkirk were looking at him but it never came to anything. Don't know if he would get back to those heights again but could certainly do a job in L1 and L2. 

I’m a big admirer of the Rose but let’s no get carried away  [emoji38] Unless you mean league 2...

Bit harsh on dean Brett is it no the laddie played over 100 games bad career move wi gambling the laddie wid still be spfl bear in mind he came out of montrose deal who won promotion to div 2of travelling issues

8 minutes ago, the tin man said:

Bit harsh on dean Brett is it no the laddie played over 100 games bad career move wi gambling the laddie wid still be spfl bear in mind he came out of montrose deal who won promotion to div 2of travelling issues

The boy has never seen Brett play.  It’s a toss up between him and Brown as the best full back in Junior football. Moyes and Young could easily play championship too.