Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

I know that. You know that. But the clubs arranging EGMs to decide don't know that.

I'm sure clubs who want further details can get them from the LL. I believe there will be a meeting of interested clubs with the LL soon after 1st March.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Was 4-1 when Kilwinning player was sent off and Kilwinning wouldn't beat Kelty.

Watched Kelty on Saturday, we’ve beat them every time we’ve played them, put  them out the Scottish in their last season as a Junior club and didn’t see anything on Saturday that wouldn’t be the same as playing Beith, Pollok or Rossvale

Talbot did win 6-1 but the other game was 0-0

4 hours ago, amigan said:

I don't know why all this energy is being wasted on Talbot.  Let them join the pyramid or stay junior.  Let them have the Scottish Cup or the Junior Scottish. not have their cake and eat it,  The pyramid will be a success with or without them.

🤣

Plenty of stat guys on here -  I wonder just how many 'Tuesday nights at Elgin' there have been since they entered the league. I reckon less than 20
I think Queen's Park have had three alone, and you can add midweek Peterhead to that. That's an absolute treat.

Next year, SPFL 2 could have both of them, Cove, Stranraer and Brechin and you have to go there twice each. It's a fair commitment from players and a fair level of costs from clubs.

I can understand some of the West junior clubs being reticent. How many more can Talbot, for example, get through the gate given their catchment area? And for what? Swapping being the absolute business in the juniors to being (say) the new Annan, Stenny (or us!) if they're lucky.

17 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Now we just need for someone from this new WoSL to post a similar list for WoSL for next season.

And for the WRJFA to post their summary of benefits as well.

I can tell you the benefits you get from the WRJFA  sweet FA.

Somebody posted up yesterday kefc's excellent summary of benefits of joining the EoS which he pulled together in 2018, I have updated it as some of it has changed;
  • Three ways of Scottish Cup Entry: EOS League Champions, winning the Alex Jack Cup (for un-licenced clubs only) and then beating SoS equivalent, or of course becoming Licenced.
  • Minimum of £3,000 prize money for Scottish Cup entry.  Win two games and you will earn £10,000 minimum.
  • £1,000 funding from EoS towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence
  • Up to £2,500 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements.
  • SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant
  • Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant
  • Match balls and training balls supplied each season.
  • Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level.
  • Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league.
  • Season long fixture list issued
  • In combination with LL and SoS League an U20 development league on Friday nights, all players eligible for Seniors as well.
  • No limit on squad sizes, no player fines.
  • No restrictions on playing friendlies, no permits required, no re-instatement rule.
  • Clubs with floodlights will be scheduled some midweek games, and will have set ko times throughout the season ie you will use the lights on Saturday afternoons in winter.

Aye but but but..... Peterhead away on a wet Tuesday night and I heard it’s £30 to get in.

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
5 hours ago, southerner said:

Is it not something ridiculously cheap like £15 to watch Dortmund? Surely if prices were lower crowds would go up, all about opinions I suppose

I wouldn't be so sure on lower prices=better crowds. Albion Rovers few seasons back tried a pay what you want scheme & it wasn't overly fruitful.

Albion Rovers manager Darren Young says the club's pay-what-you-can season ticket offer last season was "catastrophically bad" for the club's finances, with fans paying just £27 on average for blanket access to all home games. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33562810

12 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Watched Kelty on Saturday, we’ve beat them every time we’ve played them, put  them out the Scottish in their last season as a Junior club and didn’t see anything on Saturday that wouldn’t be the same as playing Beith, Pollok or Rossvale

Talbot did win 6-1 but the other game was 0-0

Talbot played 75 minutes without a recognised striker.

28 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well I suspect the list will be very similar for the WoS.

I don't think the WOSFL has gone into that kind of detail just yet. For starters they won't have any money just now. 

It's certainly the sort of actions they should be replicating though. Just need to start generating some funds.

You cant read anything into preseason games[emoji848]

Eh, Scottish Cup semi-final 2007:unsure2:
Is that the same  Beith team that played like they were in a Sunday league set up when Kelty beat them 7-1 pre-season.

You could say Kelty defended like a Sunday league team against Talbot but that would be doing Sunday league teams a disservice..

Eh, Scottish Cup semi-final 2007:unsure2:
Is that the same  Beith team that played like they were in a Sunday league set up when Kelty beat them 7-1 pre-season.

West Calder facebook just now... various signings / re-signings announce, then:

"There is more big news to come over the next few weeks and there is a very ambitious management team in place"

No elaboration but a bit for speculation!

Edited by cmontheloknow

Another big gun leaving for the land of milk and honey[emoji1787][emoji1787]

West Calder facebook just now...
"There is more big news to come over the next few weeks and there is a very ambitious management team in place"

5 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

West Calder facebook just now... various signings / re-signings announce, then:

They've certainly been splashing the cash to get some of those players in, and I doubt it's just to haul them off the bottom of the pile in the Juniors.