Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Guest Moomintroll
Most comments suggest Talbot have outgrown the juniors, and within a few years probably could reach league two, for me thats when the problems  begin.I myself would have to stop watching Talbot playing away games, due to the increase in travel costs, ticket price and the sheer amount of travel north to teams in that league.We would lose the mantra of being the best junior club in Scotland, the history of all the junior cup wins would become a footnote that doesnt matter anymore and so  on.Change is coming, but im sure if supporters of other junior teams that advocate the pyramid had the success similar to Talbots, would like to hold on to it as long as possible.
As i said earlier, stay the big fish in the small pond.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Aye but  everybody knows Talbot will cruise that league by about twenty points in their 1st season.

Not sure if you're being 100% serious there or not!

If Kelty / BR lose the play off this year and Bo'ness come up, could be at least 3 very strong sides at top end in 20-21.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Brechin are bottom of League Two. If Talbot replaced then you would have two trips to Aberdeen, two to Elgin and two to Fife. Every other game would either be a team in West region territory (Annan) or in the Central belt. 

And worth adding that it's likely that Cove will get promoted to be replaced by Stranraer, another club in West region territory.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:
Most comments suggest Talbot have outgrown the juniors, and within a few years probably could reach league two, for me thats when the problems  begin.I myself would have to stop watching Talbot playing away games, due to the increase in travel costs, ticket price and the sheer amount of travel north to teams in that league.We would lose the mantra of being the best junior club in Scotland, the history of all the junior cup wins would become a footnote that doesnt matter anymore and so  on.Change is coming, but im sure if supporters of other junior teams that advocate the pyramid had the success similar to Talbots, would like to hold on to it as long as possible.

As i said earlier, stay the big fish in the small pond.

Weve worked hard and played better to become the big fish, isnt that the object of playing football.

Just now, southerner said:

Pricing in the professional game is another issue, £20 to watch championship level football is far to excessive for the standard you are watching.

I don't think a Talbot fan needs to worry about Championship pricing any time soon.

Most L1/L2 teams charge in the region of £ 12 - £ 14 for a ticket. Obviously, it's double what is charged in the juniors, but not £ 20. And promoted clubs are under no obligation to raise their prices. If Talbot get promoted to L2 there is nothing that stops them from keeping the prices at £ 6.

Guest Moomintroll
Weve worked hard and played better to become the big fish, isnt that the object of playing football.
Yes, but is it not a bit empty staying there when there are bigger challenges out there? I applaud what Talbot have achieved but it is time to move on as it will become very hollow, very soon & you don't want to get left behind just because you are in the huff that you aren't the biggest boy in the playground any more, get into it & give those bigger boys a bloody nose.

Just now, Duraglit shareholder said:

Talbot slated for having no ambition, now told not to bother.

It is not relevant to say senior football would be too expensive then cite costs in the Championship. That's purposely missing the point. Talbot would need to be promoted 4 times before they reached the Championship. Nothing would change in the short term, you would be playing the same teams at the same gate prices.

32 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Your saying what everyone is saying you will turn up every week as long as talbot continue to win and dominate over every club but when they move up the leagues and not winning every week then you won't be a regular fan because you won't win every game.