Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

18 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Re: point about clubs hesitating over ground requirements. Seems the EOS have spoken with Thornton about the requirements, but given the massive amount of misinformation flying about over the past two years, needs to be clarity.

As was said elsewhere, it could get to the point where the EOS has to take in everyone lest a few clubs with very basic facilities have no one left to play.

Maybe the EoS could go down the "Development " League route adopted by the Hellenic League in southern England, This league has separate divisions set aside for reserve/unofficial reserve sides and ambitious clubs which are gradually putting together the necessary facilities? 

8 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I have 2 Harthill committee men at my work,they were advised at a meeting last nite that all the Fife teams are moving to the EoS.

They are not making any commitment either way but the West of Scotland league was spoke about favourably.

Was that an official announcement of just some chat amongst delegates?

37 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can't have two teams from one club in the EoS. I'd be very surprised if the EoS would let the tribute acts in even where that is technically not the case, but time will tell.

Even if Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Sauchie were allowed into the EoS surely they'd have to change their name - you cant have Sauchie Juniors one league above Sauchie Juniors for example, it would just be daft.

Yes I know they technically are Sauchie Juniors Community Club, Linlithgow Rose Community Club and Bo'ness United Juniors but surely any part of  being allowed into the pyramid would be having to change their names. 

35 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not what I'm hearing, I believe the HL have no issue with it moving either.  I don't agree with it moving, but the impression I get (and I could be wrong) is that it will boil down to whether the rule can be changed to accommodate BC, or whether it can only apply from next season.

The problem will be that if they make the switch this season there could wind up being a club kicked out of the the LL that would otherwise have been in and hence definite scope for an appeal. Think they would need to have the LL make arrangments for a potential 17 team 2020-21 season, if this is going to happen quickly. Given the LL will be having to make changes anyway to accomodate the WoS that might be doable.

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Not what I'm hearing, I believe the HL have no issue with it moving either.  I don't agree with it moving, but the impression I get (and I could be wrong) is that it will boil down to whether the rule can be changed to accommodate BC, or whether it can only apply from next season.

Regardless of that, at least Brechin being in this situation will create clarity for all Tayside teams, including the ones in the Juniors. Nothing against Brechin, but all clubs around here will soon know for definite what we can expect.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The problem will be that if they make the switch this season there could wind up being a club kicked out of the the LL that would otherwise have been in and hence definite scope for an appeal. Think they would need to have the LL make arrangments for a potential 17 team 2020-21 season, if this is going to happen quickly. Given the LL will be having to make changes anyway to accomodate the WoS that might be doable.

Maybe they'd want to go for an 18 team LL after that, with all clubs having floodlights that should be possible. 

If Brechin get the line moved then the merger, amalgamation or integration (whatever you call it) of all the ersjfa into the eos should happen.

I'm pretty certain (imo) Larry at Lochee and Mark at Carnoustie would favour this over a Tayside league in HL territory.

Marten you should chew his ear when your at Thomson park on this very scenario next time.

46 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I have 2 Harthill committee men at my work,they were advised at a meeting last nite that all the Fife teams are moving to the EoS....

Tayport would be the mildly surprising one if that's accurate but maybe they meant south section Fife teams. Newburgh, Lochore, Lochgelly, K&D, Thornton, Kennoway and Rosyth all leaving would mean only 13 left maximum in the south section with four of those being the recently arrived amateur clubs. Suspect that will be a tipping point for many/most of the rest.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

If Brechin get the line moved then the merger, amalgamation or integration (whatever you call it) of all the ersjfa into the eos should happen.

I'm pretty certain (imo) Larry at Lochee and Mark at Carnoustie would favour this over a Tayside league in HL territory.

Marten you should chew his ear when your at Thomson park on this very scenario next time.

It remains to be seen whether it will happen, and if it does whether it will be implemented this season or next.

Either way, the issue is far from being dead in the water, Brechin are lobbying.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

To be honest all the HL/LL boundary chat suits those that want it changed. Doesn't matter if there's any substance to it or just chatter.

It's looking like another year of Tayside sitting outside the pyramid rather than engaging with it and putting something in place.

Think it's quite telling on what the anticipated outcome is expected to be that the Tayside juniors are not being invited to meetings about the north pyramid.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I know for sure that Lochee & Carnoustie (probably others as well) want to be in a league that feeds in the LL, not the HL. Larry has already said that to me.

Regardless of whether or not both clubs get what they want, at least the Brechin scenario will create clarity.

Just now, Junior Pub League said:

Start at the bottom of the league structure and work their way up over time is what I'd call it.

Tayside coming into EOS territory can complicate matters. For the south of Tay clubs an argument can be made that they had their chance to move, they didn't, so they should start from the bottom, that's fair enough. But Tayside clubs never had the chance to move to the EOS and at least one tried & got knocked back due to geography. So these clubs will make the argument that for them there should be a chance to not start at tier 8 as they were never able to join at tier 6 or 7 in the first place.

With Tayside the EOS will need more divisions anyway...

1 minute ago, Marten said:

I know for sure that Lochee & Carnoustie (probably others as well) want to be in a league that feeds in the LL, not the HL. Larry has already said that to me.

Regardless of whether or not both clubs get what they want, at least the Brechin scenario will create clarity.

Remember that if (and it's still a big if currently) the line moved, the EoS aren't obligated to accept anyone as members.   To me, having the region extend from Brechin to Tweedmouth to Peebles is madness.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Tayside coming into EOS territory can complicate matters. For the south of Tay clubs an argument can be made that they had their chance to move, they didn't, so they should start from the bottom, that's fair enough. But Tayside clubs never had the chance to move to the EOS and at least one tried & got knocked back due to geography. So these clubs will make the argument that for them there should be a chance to not start at tier 8 as they were never able to join at tier 6 or 7 in the first place.

With Tayside the EOS will need more divisions anyway...

They are moving from the HL area to the LL area ergo they start at the bottom.

Kennoway Star Hearts must surely be considering a move, that's three of their nearest clubs gone in the past year, and they are 9th in the South Super - going in a tier 8 would be the right level for them.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

It surely needs the LL to agree? (as that's what it says in the SPFL rules) If so, they could use it to their advantage and negotiate a change to the rules so that club 42 is automatically relegated!

Edited by Ginaro

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think it's quite telling on what the anticipated outcome is expected to be that the Tayside juniors are not being invited to meetings about the north pyramid.

Until, what a month ago, the SJFA were repping the East Region and were trying for their all in approach which meant East Region under the Lowland.

They were never going to have Tayside representation in the Highland pyramid discussion. It's a sign of defeat.

The Highland pyramid discussions are just the continuation of what began 18 months ago.

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It surely needs the LL to agree? (as that's what it says in the SPFL rules) If so, they could use it to their advantage and negotiate a change to the rules so that club 42 is automatically relegated!

The LL should refuse to allow entry for any club that was north of the line at the start of the season - Brechin et al can join the Highland league, as they should, what with being in the north of the country.

If this goes through then next season I'm proposing the  HL/LL dividing line follow the line of the Antonine Wall. 

Edited by Junior Pub League