Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think this move would have been requested by the LL with the message being if we are going to stick our necks out on this you can't seriously expect to still have an SJFA officeholder associated with your club when we make the big announcement.

I don't think they'd have said anything. How could MB chair a meeting on Tuesday calling for all the clubs to stick together when his own club was leaving. His position became untenable given his clubs' stance.

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Ot he thought the WR idea was bat crazy and wanted nothing to do with it!

Probably knows the WRJFA is a sinking ship. If he jumps now he might just be able to get a seat at the captains table of the good ship WoSL. That’s what I’d of done in his shoes!

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think this move would have been requested by the LL with the message being if we are going to stick our necks out on this you can't seriously expect to still have an SJFA officeholder associated with your club when we make the big announcement.

Or as noted the club board met last night assessed the proposals. Voted on which one to support, the LL won out.

At which point Matt Bamford being a clydebank fan first and foremost, knew his position was untenable and out of respect for his colleagues in the SJFA & WRSJFA resigned at his earliest opportunity.

Why do you keep seeing a secret Machiavellian puppetmaster with everything pyramid related lately?

The times they are a changing.

And they may be changing again soon. There are rumours I’ve heard that the spfl is going to open up six more spaces and look to move to a 16-16-16 format in a few years time.

Very quickly find some west teams in the spfl without having to actually win the LL depending on how the six are agreed ( likely league position at tier 5 at the end of a particular season).

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

What is the point of being on twitter if no one can read the posts, isn’t the point to try and get your opinions to as wide an audience as you can.

Because he's batshit crazy?  Although I do often wonder if it's an account run by the LL out of a troll farm in Moscow 😂

And they may be changing again soon. There are rumours I’ve heard that the spfl is going to open up six more spaces and look to move to a 16-16-16 format in a few years time.

Very quickly find some west teams in the spfl without having to actually win the LL depending on how the six are agreed ( likely league position at tier 5 at the end of a particular season).
I've saw a 12-12-12-12 rumour. Are they linked at all?

Love it if it’s true but can’t see 16 team top division as they’re obsessed by the 4 OF games and 16 teams would mean only 30 games a drop of 4 home gates per club. Unless they’ve some sort of split idea to increase the games?

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
7 minutes ago, surely not! said:

I've saw a 12-12-12-12 rumour. Are they linked at all?

Common denominator 48 clubs. Probably has Colts in there somewhere as well.

For the 16 model to have any legitimacy be prepared to follow the Belgian model.

Personally I’d like to see 2 National Divisions of 16 teams with Highland and Lowland at tier 3 then further regionalisation below. That would make the top league Professional and around half the 2nd tier. However that’s only my view and others will disagree.

Common denominator 48 clubs. Probably has Colts in there somewhere as well.
For the 16 model to have any legitimacy be prepared to follow the Belgian model.

They can get the Colts idea where it belongs right in the sea, nothing would make me back Colt teams joining the SPFL. The Challenge cup has proved they bring nothing to the table and the fans coming out to watch the Colts is an utter myth.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Twitter melt down in 3.....2.....1

No surprise in the Bankies backing it, they’ve always been looking to return to the Senior leagues and aren’t a traditional Junior team so less entrenched in their views. Interesting to see if other clubs respond.

They'll respond all right.

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Or as noted the club board met last night assessed the proposals. Voted on which one to support, the LL won out.

At which point Matt Bamford being a clydebank fan first and foremost, knew his position was untenable and out of respect for his colleagues in the SJFA & WRSJFA resigned at his earliest opportunity.

Why do you keep seeing a secret Machiavellian puppetmaster with everything pyramid related lately?

In reality Matt Bamford's role with the SJFA has been completely untenable for several weeks now. It's bizarre it took him this long to step down from his roles with the west region and SJFA.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’m sure it’ll be civil, every board member can only do what they think is best for their club. Same in the East where West Lothian Juniors are loyal to the ERJFA but still play friendly matches against EOS teams. It’ll take time for some to change their views.

Yup, Linlithgow Rose played Whitburn a couple of weeks back in a hastily-arranged friendly. I'm sure most people on all sides are perfectly respectful.