Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Let me put this in simple terms for you.

You are against the SJFA being involved in the pyramid/WoSFL. Yet that is the compromise that has been reached. So if you are against the first you are against the compromise. That compromise (appears to be) the form the WoSFL will take. So you are against the WoSFL. 

And all clubs will retain membership of the SJFA unless they chose to leave it behind. So that choice remains.

Yer just in a huff because the juniors still exist and your petulance is obvious to all.

You really are something 😂

6 minutes ago, John S said:

If the West join the pyramid en bloc what's to happen with the other Junior leagues?

If I was a betting man I'd say it'll start a precedent. North Juniors seem to be in discussion with NCL and HL to set a feeder pyramid north of the Tay so they'll leave soon enough and that will leave some West Lothian dangleberries and Tayside. Eventually they'll join the pyramid as well but all will retain their Junior membership and keep the Junior Cup going.

I'm almost forming the opinion that, for the majority of junior blazers, fans, clubs etc. they've put the Junior Cup on such a high pedestal their main focus is now keeping that alive. I think the majority of people would want a national non-league tournament so if Juniors can have enough numbers in the pyramid and the cup still going they might be able to make it the premier cup competition below the SPFL and get it made mandatory.

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If I was a betting man I'd say it'll start a precedent. North Juniors seem to be in discussion with NCL and HL to set a feeder pyramid north of the Tay so they'll leave soon enough and that will leave some West Lothian dangleberries and Tayside. Eventually they'll join the pyramid as well but all will retain their Junior membership and keep the Junior Cup going.

I'm almost forming the opinion that, for the majority of junior blazers, fans, clubs etc. they've put the Junior Cup on such a high pedestal their main focus is now keeping that alive. I think the majority of people would want a national non-league tournament so if Juniors can have enough numbers in the pyramid and the cup still going they might be able to make it the premier cup competition below the SPFL and get it made mandatory.

In terms of the East joining the EoS fewer members might retain the SJFA membership on entering the EOSFL.

They'd have SCC, Alex Jack Cup, King Cup, Qualifying Cup and League Cup all to compete in. That's without considering getting SFA membership in a year and then competing in the Scottish Cup.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In terms of the East joining the EoS fewer members might retain the SJFA membership on entering the EOSFL.

They'd have SCC, Alex Jack Cup, King Cup, Qualifying Cup and League Cup all to compete in. That's without considering getting SFA membership in a year and then competing in the Scottish Cup.

True but junior membership doesn't automatically equate to entering the cup. Aren't the current rules that a club can decline participation (but means they forfeit entry next year)? I'd also hazard if, and it's a huge if, the SRJFA are able to keep the Junior Cup going and make it the only nationwide non-league cup for all to enter then one or two of the lesser cups might be removed?

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

True but junior membership doesn't automatically equate to entering the cup. Aren't the current rules that a club can decline participation (but means they forfeit entry next year)? I'd also hazard if, and it's a huge if, the SRJFA are able to keep the Junior Cup going and make it the only nationwide non-league cup for all to enter then one or two of the lesser cups might be removed?

What does membership mean when you don't play in a junior league or cup? 

And why would I agree as an organization to lose some of my competitions that help generate revenue for myself? How do you think the EOSFL helps to pay for some of the things they offer?

The junior cup shouldnt become the all encompassing cup. Another example of the juniors wanting to have cake then eat it.
It really isnt the massive cup event some seem to think it is.

A new cup, for the entire lowland area should be created (amalgamate the scc and junior cup by all means, just dont call it the sjfa cup, in the spirit of new beginnings and all that). Let the junior cup have its history but it doesnt form part of my view as to what a good cup competition in the pyramid would be.

The Junior Cup is the best looking. Keep it.
In a nice display section at hampden, with historical pictures. What a fabulous idea. [emoji12]

Surely we move forward, new and fresh beginnings. New league, new committees, new cups, new direction and stop living in the past?

3 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

You've not read all of this from the start, have you?
Nobody's going to stay in a WRSJFA.
All clubs are moving together into the new WOSL and retaining SJFA membership.
His preference was for a split between the clubs with some going and some staying would have been disastrous for the SJFA as it would have been made up of smaller and weaker teams that would not survive and eventually lead to the SJFA folding.

On the one hand you are directly implying that the clubs which stayed in the East Region Juniors' leagues, (such as the 22 south of Tay Bridge Juniors which are in the EoS area) are smaller and weaker and would not survive! Then you say that "Nobody's going to stay in a WRSJFA" so any current west Juniors choosing to stay in the WRSJFA leagues are as bad as Tayport, Scone Thistle, Whitburn, Armadale, Bathgate, Livingston, Fauldhouse, West Calder, Pumpherston, Harthill, Stoneyburn, etc. 

They have responsibilities to themselves first of all and to their futures. They will make up their own minds. It isn't for the SJFA or any of the Junior Regions to dictate to these clubs.

What is it that makes you have such disregard for  current Junior clubs which have chosen to stick with the Juniors and may yet stay in the Junior Leagues for next season?

3 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No if it goes as per the proposal, clubs will be given the opportunity to retain SJFA membership, it will be optional.

Why, apart from Clydebank obviously, would clubs not retain their membership?

The question should be:

Why should current Junior clubs which move into senior football at any time in the future continue to retain membership of a competing "National Association"?

12 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

In a nice display section at hampden, with historical pictures. What a fabulous idea. emoji12.png

Surely we move forward, new and fresh beginnings. New league, new committees, new cups, new direction and stop living in the past?

Someone has said the trophy used for the majority of the competition's history is already there. The current trophy being a copy.

2 minutes ago, Dev said:

The question should be:

Why should current Junior clubs which move into senior football at any time in the future continue to retain membership of a competing "National Association"?

Associations don't run league's. So what is the conflict? Why does this matter?

3 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Associations don't run league's. So what is the conflict? Why does this matter?

That's right. For example, the SJFA doesn't have any affiliated leagues, doesn't have any rules and regulations, doesn't have any influence whatsoever over the running and decision making of affiliated leagues, all of the leagues have always been entirely well run and democratic, they have always set a fine example, the SJFA and the affiliated leagues have been totally pro-active towards the setting up of the pyramid for nearly 20 years, they have never been shown to be untrustworthy and or unreliable with regard to the pyramid. Really?   

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What does membership mean when you don't play in a junior league or cup? 

And why would I agree as an organization to lose some of my competitions that help generate revenue for myself? How do you think the EOSFL helps to pay for some of the things they offer?

I don't think membership means but some junior clubs do so.. let them have their membership?

As for losing a cup I'm not saying the EoSFL, or anyone else, will agree to anything. I just get the impression the SJFA might be changing tact and focusing on continuing as relevant through a cup now their league system is up the swanny and, again in the spirit of compromise having the Junior Cup become the all encompassing cup for non league is a trade off that's VERY much in favour of the non-league seniors. The Highland League, Lowland League, East of Scotland League, South of Scotland League and North Caledonian League still kicking around and improving year on year whilst the Junior leagues are dead or dying. One cup staying alive and keeping some traditionalists happy is a decent price to pay is it not?

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

In a nice display section at hampden, with historical pictures. What a fabulous idea. emoji12.png

I’m only saying that the cup is one which any team would love to have. It’s nothing to do with living in the past. 🙄

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I don't think membership means but some junior clubs do so.. let them have their membership?

As for losing a cup I'm not saying the EoSFL, or anyone else, will agree to anything. I just get the impression the SJFA might be changing tact and focusing on continuing as relevant through a cup now their league system is up the swanny and, again in the spirit of compromise having the Junior Cup become the all encompassing cup for non league is a trade off that's VERY much in favour of the non-league seniors. The Highland League, Lowland League, East of Scotland League, South of Scotland League and North Caledonian League still kicking around and improving year on year whilst the Junior leagues are dead or dying. One cup staying alive and keeping some traditionalists happy is a decent price to pay is it not?

I'm not say don't them have it. I'm saying it's pointless if you are going to be able to still compete in the cup.

On a tangent the SJFA should be removed from the SFA Non-Professional Game Board if it stops have anything to do with the running of leagues and devolves into just a cup competition.