Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

6 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Clubs dont need to join the sjfa to play in the junior cup.thats why their going to amend their regulations.

The statement said "Clubs currently members of the Scottish Junior FA are fully entitled to retain membership and, if so, will be eligible to continue to play in The Scottish Junior Cup. The Competition Rules of that Cup will be altered to reflect the need to ensure League Fixtures have priority."

Absolutely nothing about changing the rules to allow non-members to play in the Cup.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Based on history, the Junior Cup is the superior competition IF it has the superior clubs. Right now they're split between the two. They will all be in the SCC. They will not all be in the SJC.

But regardless of the move neither will be the same competition. Makes more sense to make a new cup competition. Just don't see the fuss about the SCC.

I've said before just leave the SJC at Beechwood. It's like a homing pigeon, it will only make it's way back there anyway.

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

But regardless of the move neither will be the same competition. Makes more sense to make a new cup competition. Just don't see the fuss about the SCC.

I've said before just leave the SJC at Beechwood. It's like a homing pigeon, it will only make it's way back there anyway.

Not (personally) making a fuss about SCC but it has been the main cup for those clubs for a while now and is going to be again next season. I would have no issue about a bigger national cup but don't see the need to press reset.

1 minute ago, Black Pennel said:

Don't wind them up, Jim...they were just starting to be nice to one another.

On another note, how are things where you are ?

Quiet pal. We've been doing what you lot are about to do for about three weeks now. It'll get worse before it gets better. God love us.

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not (personally) making a fuss about SCC but it has been the main cup for those clubs for a while now and is going to be again next season. I would have no issue about a bigger national cup but don't see the need to press reset.

Excuse my ignorance but geographically could it still be called South Challenge Cup?

59 minutes ago, eaglelok said:

so are we now junior seniors or senior juniors .

All current WRJFA clubs which are accepted into the new WoS League will be senior clubs from here-on in. However, they are being granted the opportunity to enter the Junior Cup if they wish to. In order to do that they will also need to be members of the SJFA but it will be purely for this purpose.

Having said that those clubs which opt to play in the Junior Cup will have to prioritise the Lowland League's league fixtures, so the Junior Cup will be an added competition for them to fit into the season.

I notice too that this basis of agreement does not allow for all West Junior clubs to move into the WoS on an "All In" basis. Applications need to be made on an individual basis. Having said that it does seem as though both "sides" in the negotiations are putting any differences aside I wouldn't be surprised if the WRJFA advises (whether formally or informally) all of their clubs to send in applications by the 7th April deadline. I would be surprised if any clubs failed to apply and to get in.

This looks like a Win Win situation in the West.

Likely to be followed rapidly with WinWins everywhere else with all current Junior clubs moving into current or new senior leagues whilst keeping their option to retain entry to the Junior Cup.

Guessing that the North, Tayside and West Lothian clubs will make the switch in time for next season (whenever that may be).

Maybe in the Highland zone the Tayside (North) clubs will start their own league.  Guessing that initially there may be three separate Tier 6 senior leagues i.e. Tayside, North and NCL.

The West Lothian clubs situation is helped by the EoS clubs decision to have Conferences at Division One (Tier 7) level next season. They will have the opportunity to reach Tier 6 quickly so they aren't being punished for holding out against the pyramid.

Hatchets buried.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Excuse my ignorance but geographically could it still be called South Challenge Cup?

Its only called the south challenge cup.because it was ran by them last season.rules allow the Ll to take part the east of scotland ran it 2 seasons ago.its because its ran by both associations not the league's most LL clubs are members of the east associations.

Just now, Lowland team said:

Its only called the south challenge cup.because it was ran by them last season.rules allow the Ll to take part the east of scotland ran it 2 seasons ago.its because its ran by both associations not the league's most LL clubs are members of the east associations.

So it's not South then? It's crap.  New competition please!

Why say its crap,have you seen the trophy or know its history.some of the biggest ex east region clubs take part in it.if you wish to keep playing in the junior cup thats really down to you.but please don't call it crap if you know nothing about its history.the bigger picture is at least we are starting to get non-league football going in the right direction whether we are seniors/juniors it football.

Basically the west region has gone rogue as it has no authority for much of the agreement.
Btw this is only my observation I am 100% happy the deadlock is broken.
Interesting times though, particularly in tayside.

Hopefully the confusion has ended and the WR are not running a League next season. As such they should be in contact with the LL to make sure all the current WR clubs DO actually apply. Confidentiality only mattered if there were competing Leagues. Wouldn't want a club missing out because confusion WR cause by saying they were also having a league with similar name.

25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So it's not South then? It's crap.  New competition please!

Not really getting you. Every non-league team outside the Highland League area has entered it for years. Its full name is South Regional Challenge Cup. There was a North one but Highland clubs withdrew after 2 seasons due to fixture congestion.

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not really getting you. Every non-league team outside the Highland League area has entered it for years. Its full name is South Regional Challenge Cup. There was a North one but Highland clubs withdrew after 2 seasons due to fixture congestion.

I'm only stirring it pal. I know it's not just Southern teams. Ignore me

10 minutes ago, Super Saddler said:

Perhaps I am the only person on here that until I started reading this thread who had heard of the South Challenge Cup but not the Junior Cup. 

Junior Cup has far higher profile - live TV coverage since the 70s (?), 5 figure crowds in finals until recent times etc. Not sure that is the debate here though. SRCC is a smaller competition that has raised in profile with the influx of new clubs.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Junior Cup has far higher profile - live TV coverage since the 70s (?), 5 figure crowds in finals until recent times etc. Not sure that is the debate here though. SRCC is a smaller competition that has raised in profile with the influx of new clubs.

i don't doubt that at all. I have learnt a lot about Scottish non-league football over the last couple of years. My main interest has been the East of Scotland  League. Generally down here people don't know about Junior  football. Anyway, I wish all of the teams forming the new WOS league all the best for the next season. Just got the North to sort now.