Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

And love for the grade

Chances are the people that default to 'the grade' would probably trade in the Junior Cup for the Sectional League Cup. So long as their group had their preferred big teams in it :)

Anyway, they can enjoy it while it lasts. There's WoSFL clubs that want anywhere from two to three WoSFL Cup competitions, there's the SCC, and more clubs will be licenced for entry into the Scottish Cup.

The SJFA had another chance to open up the Junior Cup to try and make it the premier national non-league competition for everyone. They restricted the change to just the members that moved to the WoSFL. There's a decent shout they'll be in double digits for entry come 2022. If not earlier.

3 hours ago, santheman said:

Nothing wrong with looking forward to the future whilst maintaining a link with the past for those that want to.

But that's not what the love for the grade is. Looking to the future but link to the past is what we did kept our name and our history 

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

But that's not what the love for the grade is. Looking to the future but link to the past is what we did kept our name and our history 

Well Alan I loved watching junior Football because it was a different experience from watching what I was used to with Motherwell.

I will continue to love what Junior football was in the West but will  look forward to the new WOSL as well. I will also probably catch a couple of games in the ERJFA.

I really dont understand why people get upset when you use the word grade. To me grade means Schoolboy /Amateur/ Junior/ Senior /Semi Pro /Non League etc.  

Would using "Standard"instead of "Grade"  upset people on here  less because it seems to really wrankle some folks.

18 hours ago, santheman said:

Well Alan I loved watching junior Football because it was a different experience from watching what I was used to with Motherwell.

I will continue to love what Junior football was in the West but will  look forward to the new WOSL as well. I will also probably catch a couple of games in the ERJFA.

I really dont understand why people get upset when you use the word grade. To me grade means Schoolboy /Amateur/ Junior/ Senior /Semi Pro /Non League etc.  

Would using "Standard"instead of "Grade"  upset people on here  less because it seems to really wrankle some folks.

To me the thing about ‘the grade’ is the bizarre line that’s drawn by those that think  ‘junior’ football is a distinct entirety.    There has never been any significant difference between non-league senior and junior. And the difference between league 2 and those levels is a lot smaller than is made out.

Putting the match day experience at tynecastle and saughton in one catagory makes no sense.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

To me the thing about ‘the grade’ is the bizarre line that’s drawn by those that think  ‘junior’ football is a distinct entirety.    There has never be any significant difference between non-league senior and junior. And the difference between league 2 and those levels is a lot smaller than is made out.

Correct - its just 22 guys playin' fitba'

18 hours ago, lowenan said:

From their twitter:

This morning, like all other clubs in the old West Region, we were invited to retain membership of the SJFA. We decided against it. This is a new beginning for us and while that means we won't be eligible to enter the Scottish Junior Cup, we're comfortable with our decision.

I really do enjoy a short, to the point, well worded statement.

Especially when you can tell that upon receipt of invitation, the actual wording was ‘Naw, f**k that’. 

What are you on about now? 

Youre still greeting about the ‘ask the supporters’ pish, its not like you werent sighted on the plans, if youre that upset about not being asked then move back, im sure Mr Chisholm would be able to make a few phone calls for you.

Every club asked its supporters in some way, my club did, Buffs did, Maryhill did, you dont think committee/board members of clubs were speaking with supporters and gauging reactions and opinions?

Junior football with the clubs, cup, history is brilliant. Maybe people would have been happier if,say, just the top 2 every season went up a level to the seniors - would it be possible for those amateur leagues below to become the new juniors Inthe future ? I don't know. Be nice if clubs and fans shared the same ambitions but I guess they never will. 

16 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Junior football with the clubs, cup, history is brilliant. Maybe people would have been happier if,say, just the top 2 every season went up a level to the seniors - would it be possible for those amateur leagues below to become the new juniors Inthe future ? I don't know. Be nice if clubs and fans shared the same ambitions but I guess they never will. 

Last season Linlithgow Rose CFC, Bo'ness United Juniors and Sauchie Juniors CFC joined the East Region. There are amateurs that have ties to now WoSFL clubs, and they could of done something similar. Problem is the West Region doesn't really exist anymore.

Glad you think so highly of the paying customer

You just love picking out wee bits of a post and changing the context. You had every opportunity to express your concerns, stop with the faux outrage at the lack of focus groups etc, no club was forced into the wosl, season hasnt started yet plenty time to move back to the juniors if you wanted.