Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

38 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Thats upto them just don't think that gardens rosey as everyone here is making out. People think going into this is better than what we've got I just don't see it as that. How much interest has there been in east kilbrides Betfred campaign and beating Stenhousemuir none. Attendance 201.

I can think of 19,000 reasons that will keep EK interested in the Betfred Cup. There are very good financial incentives for the winners of the LL.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm only pointing out what the likes of kelty are getting into when all those still don't want to see whats really in front of them.

They are getting into the chance to be an SPFL team. That's whats in front of them - progression, opportunity.

50 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

still not 10-0. I haven't seen a team in the super league get thrashed like that two gmaes in a row 10 at home is just shocking

Musselburgh beat Broxburn 5-1 away in the league last season, and also beat Jeanfield 9-1 at home in the cup. We got relegated and both Broxburn and Jeanfield stayed in the Super League. How can that be possible Alan?

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What about the fact yous want to join something of poorer standard than you have

I covered that in one quite clearly in one of my earlier posts this evening.

Scroll back and check if you like, I've reached my limit on re-wording the same point again and again. 

Jeanfield conceded 5 goals 4 times last season in the league and also a 7 and still beat Camelon twice.

Broxburn scored 6 goals 3 times away from home and yet still only finished 8th.

Most leagues will have teams in them that are off the standard of the teams at the top - the likes of Fauldhouse last season and Tayport the season before have been awful but that doesn't automatically mean the league as a whole isn't very good. Kelty should be applauded for their vision, they are only the first.

What about the fact yous want to join something of poorer standard than you have

The point is if everyone played in the same league set-up then the standard wouldn't be poor, everyone would be playing at the right level for them.

31 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Musselburgh beat Broxburn 5-1 away in the league last season, and also beat Jeanfield 9-1 at home in the cup. We got relegated and both Broxburn and Jeanfield stayed in the Super League. How can that be possible Alan?

5-1s hardly 10 and THe jeanfield game was because most of their team was missing.

38 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I can think of 19,000 reasons that will keep EK interested in the Betfred Cup. There are very good financial incentives for the winners of the LL.

But this is my point be financially better to a point because hte more teams in it the pot gets thinner. However financial over cup success.  The Non-league game will become like the senior game all about the money rather than trying to win a league or a cup.

But this is my point be financially better to a point because hte more teams in it the pot gets thinner. However financial over cup success.  The Non-league game will become like the senior game all about the money rather than trying to win a league or a cup.

Everyone at this stage of the season will have goals. Baring a select few who are financially struggling these will all be sporting targets, that's true throughout the game, and absolutely applies to spfl sides. Don't be ridiculous and suggest teams aren't targeting success.

29 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

5-1s hardly 10 and THe jeanfield game was because most of their team was missing.

7-0 is hardly10 either, but you still mentioned it! The point is that winning by a large margin means nothing if you are not consistent. So the same will apply, possibly, to getting beat by a large margin.

I am sure EK would love to win it, but in reality only a select few clubs can. So the financial gains are a welcome boost to non league teams.

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:20, kilsyth ranger said:

I'm more worried about clubs being able to survive at all at the moment , dunno bout the east region burnie man but alot of clubs in the west have the worry of ageing comittee men and lack of new young blood coming on board an lack of sponsorship and trying too raise funds as things get tighter in general , Johnstone Burgh being the latest club to fall on hard times , and i can only see it going downhill am sorry too say for a lot of clubs , a don't have an answer to be honest , although i'm not a big fan of synthetic pitches maybe the community hub type places is the way to go to get local families an kids integrated into there local junior side ?

I have to admit I believe you will see  a problem with the new west reconstruction next season as I think its going to a straight  forward 4 division league, (no district leagues), so teams at the lower bottom league end could be having to travel far for league games when they don't really have that kind of money even for lots of transport journeys. for example, Vale of Leven traveling to Maybole, Muirkirk travelling to Johnstone Burgh. I might add it was just examples of the teams listed not in the top section but having to travel far if there is no district leagues at the bottom end.  Please don't judge me on this lollllllll

Regards the future and pyramid system, not too many TOP junior teams want to go to this level, they are happy to stay in the junior section, especially the top half as im sure they make more revenue in the juniors than they would in the senior ranks.

Had to add this in below as someone has picked the above post wrong.

Revenue is not meant by the top teams earning prize money as in trophies, its aimed at revenue acrewed through supported clubs and social clubs as if the top teams move up the pyramid do you think their revenue and support will go up because they are in a supposedly higher league well official a senior league,  I don't think so as they will be in a supposedly higher standard of football thus if they cant cope support and money may dwindle after which you are correct 'the novelty factor wears off'.  The top teams are at the top of their domain in the junior ranks these leagues they wont be.

Christ sake, not many Junior teams wanted to go up to the seniors in the past 30 years that I remember the only ramblings where from fans who don't even know the workings of their clubs including how much money was generated over the years from their social club, supporter clubs and other avenues. Playing in the old Ayrshire Junior league and the Old central league, I never heard one junior committee guy from any team wanting to go to the seniors but I would hear them want a crack in the Scottish Cup.  The same has happened nowadays I don't hear any ramblings from any Junior team except on things like this, P&B, which you know yourself you don't take as a given

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I have to admit I believe you will see  a problem with the new west reconstruction next season as I think its going to a straight  forward 4 division league, (no district leagues), so teams at the lower bottom league end could be having to travel far for league games when they don't really have that kind of money even for lots of transport journeys. for example, Vale of Leven traveling to Maybole, Muirkirk travelling to Johnstone Burgh. I might add it was just examples of the teams listed not in the top section but having to travel far if there is no district leagues at the bottom end.  Please don't judge me on this lollllllll

Regards the future and pyramid system, not too many junior teams want to go to this level, they are happy to stay in the junior section, especially the top half as im sure they make more revenue in the juniors than they would in the senior ranks

Some of the distances some of the more geographically isolated teams like VoL and Muirkirk already travel are much the same as what they will be next year - Alexandria's only about 12-15 miles further from Maybole than it is from Denny or Lanark for example, and Muirkirk will probably have LESS travelling overall as they're just down the A74 from a lot of the Lanarkshire sides they'll be playing.

All that'll be happening is they'll be travelling more north to south rather than east to west than they do at the moment and they'll be playing some different teams, which can only be a good thing.

Let's face it, one of the things that killing the Sectional League Cup at the moment is the sheer familiarity of playing the same sides every year. Some of the sides who've been in the Central Second and ADL a long while must feel the same way about their league...at least that's getting shaken up a bit next season.

Everyone at this stage of the season will have goals. Baring a select few who are financially struggling these will all be sporting targets, that's true throughout the game, and absolutely applies to spfl sides. Don't be ridiculous and suggest teams aren't targeting success.

Regards the future and pyramid system, not too many junior teams want to go to this level, they are happy to stay in the junior section, especially the top half as im sure they make more revenue in the juniors than they would in the senior ranks

Don't be stupid. East Kilbride are never going to win bet Fred cup. So if Auchinleck done it they'd be going from winning trophies every season to winning nothing. To get more prize money. I think interest would eventually drop after the novelty factor wears off

22 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Don't be stupid. East Kilbride are never going to win bet Fred cup. So if Auchinleck done it they'd be going from winning trophies every season to winning nothing. To get more prize money. I think interest would eventually drop after the novelty factor wears off

East kilbride have won tropheys recently.  So there in a completion they are unlikely to win, the vast majority of junior sides are in the same boat.  You don't have to win a competition to make a success of it, getting to the later stages of a bigger completion or getting a mid-table finish would be a good campaign for lots of clubs, junior and senior.

East kilbride have won tropheys recently.  So there in a completion they are unlikely to win, the vast majority of junior sides are in the same boat.  You don't have to win a competition to make a success of it, getting to the later stages of a bigger completion or getting a mid-table finish would be a good campaign for lots of clubs, junior and senior.

But not for likes of Auchinleck and linlithgow who are generally successful most years