Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Now I couldn’t be happier at what’s happening right now, it’s about fucking time imo. The last week or so however has become a bit embarrassing surely. There are clubs at the forefront of this, who made an early decision and for what i believe to be the right reasons, but this last minute scrambling is cringeworthy, the ‘al go if you’re gawn’ Which now seems to be happening is cringeworthy. This should have been a far easier process for all the east clubs. The main thing is that more clubs are crossing over, but it just looks to me like an absolute clusterfuck

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

Now I couldn’t be happier at what’s happening right now, it’s about fucking time imo. The last week or so however has become a bit embarrassing surely. There are clubs at the forefront of this, who made an early decision and for what i believe to be the right reasons, but this last minute scrambling is cringeworthy, the ‘al go if you’re gawn’ Which now seems to be happening is cringeworthy. This should have been a far easier process for all the east clubs. The main thing is that more clubs are crossing over, but it just looks to me like an absolute clusterfuck

I wonder if they can accept them all, it's going to be a bit of a headache if the rest apply.

How are they going to allocate? If they decide to limit then surely those who got in first will have applications honoured?  Or if they say we can only take say 20 teams would they put LRFC or BUFC ahead of someone that applied earlier due to them being a bigger name?

Going to be interesting to see how they sort it out.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

All the North needs is for the SFA to order the HL to institute a one up one down promotion from the North Superleague. The structure for 5,6 and 7 is all there. If there's serious interest from the NCL they could be incorporated somehow later on.

No obvious reason why the Tayside clubs couldn't simply be a second feeder for the Dundee area with a playoff with the north superleague winner for the Aberdeen/Inverness area similar to the EoS vs SoS one at the moment, if clubs start to get licensed. The HL feeders should be the easy bit as nothing much will probably happen on licensing any time soon. The fun and games to come will be in the west.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No obvious reason why the Tayside clubs couldn't simply be a second feeder for the Dundee area with a playoff with the north superleague winner for the Aberdeen/Inverness area similar to the EoS vs SoS one at the moment, if clubs start to get licensed. The HL feeders should be the easy bit as nothing much will probably happen on licensing any time soon. The fun and games to come will be in the west.

I'd suggest a third level 7 league as a feeder to the Superleague. Why would the North Superleague agree to another barrier to promotion?

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

...Going to be interesting to see how they sort it out.

Think they would need to have 3 rather than 2 regionalised sections and the logistics of that are really not that difficult. Once they reached 30 on Thursday they could have said that's enough for this year if they were concerned about numbers, and nobody would have had grounds to complain about it as they had already extended the deadline once. So looks like they are trying to drive a stake through the heart of the east region south of the Tay once and for all at this point.

Just now, Tynieness said:

I wonder if they can accept them all, it's going to be a bit of a headache if the rest apply.

How are they going to allocate? If they decide to limit then surely those who got in first will have applications honoured?  Or if they say we can only take say 20 teams would they put LRFC or BUFC ahead of someone that applied earlier due to them being a bigger name?

I can’t see where they can’t accept all who apply, it would be just plain wrong if they did. A change of plan would be needed aye, but it would be sorted. Whatever way they go it obviously won’t be to everyone’s liking, I personally don’t like this two parallel nonsense at tier 6. We all know who are the big guns and we all know the want of a better word, diddies, I’d even rather see a tier 6 Superleague and if enough teams now a parallel league at tier 7, although has 6 been promised to all  ?.  I personally don’t want to see either Rose, Bo’ness etc anywhere near Eyemouth, unless in a cup

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think they would need to have 3 rather than 2 regionalised sections and the logistics of that are really not that difficult. Once they reached 30 on Thursday they could have said that's enough for this year if they were concerned about numbers, and nobody would have had grounds to complain about it as they had already extended the deadline once. So looks like they are trying to drive a stake through the heart of the east region south of the Tay once and for all at this point.

They will be able to sort it out regardless of numbers. It wI'll also suit the poorer teams for 19-20 season as they will get a league where it not going to be a battering every other week.

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

I can’t see where they can’t accept all who apply, it would be just plain wrong if they did. A change of plan would be needed aye, but it would be sorted. Whatever way they go it obviously won’t be to everyone’s liking, I personally don’t like this two parallel nonsense at tier 6. We all know who are the big guns and we all know the want of a better word, diddies, I’d even rather see a tier 6 Superleague and if enough teams now a parallel league at tier 7, although has 6 been promised to all  ?.  I personally don’t want to see either Rose, Bo’ness etc anywhere near Eyemouth, unless in a cup

Again need to get this nonsense out its not going to happen it will be a transitional season and accept it

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They will be able to sort it out regardless of numbers. It wI'll also suit the poorer teams for 19-20 season as they will get a league where it not going to be a battering every other week.

And it will happen unfortunately 

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Again need to get this nonsense out its not going to happen it will be a transitional season and accept it

I’ve accepted it, I just don’t agree with it

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

And it will happen unfortunately 

I don' see why it' unfortunate. If say when shire fell out the league decided lowlandleague wasn'the or them and wanted to go junior should they have been placed in super league. No they wouldnt

The Ersjfa will have two options for the clubs that are left behind, if the exodus as expected includes Linlithgow, Bo'ness and Broxburn.

A reduced number of 14 superleague teams along with a north and south division.  (Approx 40 clubs in total depending on the number leaving)

or back to the regional leagues, which could pose a problem in the Lothian area with only 10 teams left.

I can see why JC is unhappy 

Edited by Truthteller

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I don' see why it' unfortunate. If say when shire fell out the league decided lowlandleague wasn'the or them and wanted to go junior should they have been placed in super league. No they wouldnt

In that case make this last seasons Eos clubs tier 6 in a Superleague and f**k the newcomers, let them battle it out beneath as they’re err newcomers and should start at the bottom. That isn’t happening though is it

31 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Do you think the eos have held back accepting some applications.or have all been accepted that have applied to date ?

6 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

...I can see why JC is unhappy 

Can understand why he's upset after being on a high about gaining automatic promotion yesterday. A season's hard work rendered meaningless with no reward of playing the top east region teams from south of the Tay next season as they are all scrambling for the exit.

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

Do you think the eos have held back accepting some applications.or have all been accepted that have applied to date ?

It was on record in the the Evening News how many applications had been received by March 31st and they were all accepted.

As a striker? Playing in that kelty team? That’s an awful return. Although he didn’t get many at the dale either did he?

I was corrected by a Kelty fan he scored 40 this season he scored 21 for the Dale before joining Cowdenbeath.

9 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

In that case make this last seasons Eos clubs tier 6 in a Superleague and f**k the newcomers, let them battle it out beneath as they’re err newcomers and should start at the bottom. That isn’t happening though is it

Although it would affect my club adversely, I agree with you.  The ones who made the deadline should start in a higher place than those now applying in panic.  However, let's face it, the EOS would desperately like to have a league with Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness & Linlithgow in it, a huge feather in their cap and so will accommodate accordingly.