Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Eh? So the Shire and Tayside teams go in at tier 6 and the rest of Highland teams at 7? What qualifies Tayside teams to enter at a higher level than Western and North Highland teams?

There are 14 teams in the current North Superleague 1 is Inverness City who are supposedly going into abeyance or folding entirely that's 13.

11 Current Div One East - Lewis United have folded = 10

9 Current Div One West

16 Tayside

9 in the NCL.

8 from the North Superleague & 8 from the Tayside for Tier 6 NoSFL.

That leaves 41 clubs and i think there's something about Spey Valley or Newburgh folding, not to mention Orkney might not wanting to be more involved in a pyramid league. So there might be less than 41 to be covered at Tier 7.

Have 3 leagues at Tier 7 like cmontheloknow said.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd still say let the Tayside teams join a new league at tier 7 and sort it all out through promotion and demotion over the years, Seems the Tayside juniors want instant preferential status though over the teuchters.

But this wouldn’t be the same situation as Junior teams joining an existing set up, so having to start at the bottom. No North of Scotland League exists at present. It’s not simply a case of the Tayside clubs joining the North Juniors set up (even if that’s how it worked in practice)  The league would be an entirely new entity. No-one is suggesting that Lochee or Broughty or anyone else jump straight into the HL. That wouldn’t be fair. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Are you referring to the North Caley? All HFL teams would be in the HFL!

I was suggesting the North Caley might be merged into the West Region of the NRJFA if the East teams merged with the Tayside teams. Not a suggestion, more a foreboding. What I definitely object to is the idea that Tayside teams should be parachuted into some new level 6 league without winning their own level seven league first.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I was suggesting the North Caley might be merged into the West Region of the NRJFA if the East teams merged with the Tayside teams. Not a suggestion, more a foreboding. What I definitely object to is the idea that Tayside teams should be parachuted into some new level 6 league without winning their own level seven league first.

There is nothing to be parachuted into! There is no Tier 6 league in the North.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There is nothing to be parachuted into! There is no Tier 6 league in the North.

There is, and the arrogance of entitlement you express is frankly astounding. I suggested a possible East West split at level 6, and you suggest the East should just take it over with a few Tayside juniors joining up. 

I don't see the difficulty here. Form a new combined set-up that takes the highest ranking from each Junior region to form the upper tier. North Caley members to be factored in much as the SoS sides could be if a new West tier 6 forms.

The remainder form three regional leagues that feed upwards. A North/West section (again factoring in possible NCL involvement), an East section and a Southern section (of Angus and Pertthshire sides).

My suggestion isn't the Tayside sides gatecrashing the North. It's a full-on merger to create a new region, SJFA or otherwise.

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

OK im missing  this one, where is the tier 6 league in the North part of the pyramid at the moment?

The structure is there with the North Superleague and promotion/demotion with East and West leagues below. The only logjam is between the Superleague and the Hl, that has to be sorted. The Junior/Senior tags don't mean much up here tbh, there lies the confusion.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There is, and the arrogance of entitlement you express is frankly astounding. I suggested a possible East West split at level 6, and you suggest the East should just take it over with a few Tayside juniors joining up. 

I'm lost on this one. You want to create TWO leagues at Tier 6 feeding into the Highland League.

One being Aberdeenshire & Tayside, the other being Highland and Moray.

The North Superleague clubs currently have 2/14 clubs from Highland and Moray. So you want to parachute another 12-14 clubs into your new Tier 6 Highland & Moray league.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The structure is there with the North Superleague and promotion/demotion with East and West leagues below. The only logjam is between the Superleague and the Hl, that has to be sorted. The Junior/Senior tags don't mean much up here tbh, there lies the confusion.

BUT the Dundee area sides are in the Highland's catchment area and are not a part of the perfect North pyramid in waiting (which has moved away from regional tiers anyway has it not?).

The idea of the Junior Super Division in North slotting in below highland only works if 'the line' is moved north.

Edited by cmontheloknow

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm lost on this one. You want to create TWO leagues at Tier 6 feeding into the Highland League.

One being Aberdeenshire & Tayside, the other being Highland and Moray.

The North Superleague clubs currently have 2/14 clubs from Highland and Moray. So you want to parachute another 12-14 clubs into your new Tier 6 Highland & Moray league.

Only if you insist on Tayside juniors starting at level 6. Actually scrap that, you're not invited.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

BUT the Dundee area sides are in the Highland's catchment area and are not a part of the perfect North pyramid in wiating. That their existing league is not is not their doing.

The idea of the Junior Super Division in North slotting in below highland only works if 'the line' is moved north.

My thinking now is that the South should sort out its own mess and leave us alone. I doubt any Tayside juniors would apply for membership anyway.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Only if you insist on Tayside juniors starting at level 6. Actually scrap that, you're not invited.

The NoSFL with 8 from the North Superleague & 8 Tayside at Tier 6 is reasonable. You can even amend those numbers for the likes of Golspie Sutherland to be included since they're licenced.

With the rest of the NCL, North and Tayide juniors being spread across 3 leagues at Tier 7. Seems pretty fair to everyone.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My thinking now is that the South should sort out its own mess and leave us alone. I doubt any Tayside juniors would apply for membership anyway.

If *any* Tayside side wanted to be a part of the pyramid they need to be in a league that feeds into the Highland League. The structure therefore needs to be put in place for that eventuality. This is for the PWG rather than P&B however! :D

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Membership to what exactly?

They're going to be happy being top dogs in the remnants of the East Region, so they aren't going to apply to the North Region en masse.

And any new created, purely hypothetical Tier 6 down SFA pyramid leagues representing the North of the Tay won't have anyone to apply to. As they will likely have involved in its creation from the ground up.

23 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

If *any* Tayside side wanted to be a part of the pyramid they need to be in a league that feeds into the Highland League. The structure therefore needs to be put in place for that eventuality. 

More likely it will kill off some of the Juniors teams in Dundee.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The NoSFL with 8 from the North Superleague & 8 Tayside at Tier 6 is reasonable. You can even amend those numbers for the likes of Golspie Sutherland to be included since they're licenced.

With the rest of the NCL, North and Tayide juniors being spread across 3 leagues at Tier 7. Seems pretty fair to everyone.

Why does it need a merged top tier? Surely you can keep the leagues separate and have the winners go up to the Highland with two or three coming down?

23 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

If *any* Tayside side wanted to be a part of the pyramid they need to be in a league that feeds into the Highland League. The structure therefore needs to be put in place for that eventuality. This is for the PWG rather than P&B however! ;D

Sad that anybody from Pollok is going all gogsy on other Junior teams.