Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

A North of Scotland league covering Tayside and Aberdeenshire would certainly work at Tier 6 if that’s what clubs wanted. But equally I see no reason you couldn’t have separate Tier 6 Leagues for Tayside, Grampian and even NCL if that option was club’s preferences. 

Less travelling and no need to worry about promotion to Highland League for 95% of teams.

My thinking is clubs like Lochee, Broughty might be too strong for a Tayside league, so would want to join the North so there needs to be something below the HL. And there's too many Junior clubs in the north east for you not to have two tiers.

HL 18

North Superleague 14 (13 if no Inverness City next season)
North Division One East 11, West 9 (combined for next season apparently)

Above LL dividing line 16, of which:
East Superleague 4
East Premier 2
East North 10 (might get 4 more just below the line)

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The suggestion was a Tayside Superleague at level 6 matching the the Highlands and North East Superleague. I feel the balance is wrong.

You're talking gibberish again.

A Tayside Superleague at level/tier 6 would NOT "match" the Highland League because the HL is at level/tier 5.

There is no such thing as a "North East Superleague". If you mean the North Region Junior Super League, it doesn't have a level assigned to it but, notionally it would be at level/tier 6, as would the NCL and if all three - TSSL, NRJSL and NCL - were assigned Tier 6 status, covering different geographical regions of the North, below the Tier 5 HL , that looks pretty balanced to me.

44 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Given the Lowland League currently has two tier six feeder leagues and there are proposals to create a third one it strikes me that there is no necessity for the Tayside teams to merge with the north region. 

If they decided they wanted into the Pyramid system then there is nothing stopping them from setting up a new Tier 6 Tayside league and declaring that any licensed champions with floodlights will make an application to the Highland League.

They could then get licensed if they wished for Scottish Cup entry and avoid promotion by failing to install Floodlights.

Not suggesting it will happen immediately but if that were preferred  to a merger with Aberdeenshire teams I don’t see how either SFA or Highland League could complain about them as a stand-alone Tier 6 League.

May happen.

3 minutes ago, archieb said:

You're talking gibberish again.

A Tayside Superleague at level/tier 6 would NOT "match" the Highland League because the HL is at level/tier 5.

There is no such thing as a "North East Superleague". If you mean the North Region Junior Super League, it doesn't have a level assigned to it but, notionally it would be at level/tier 6, as would the NCL and if all three - TSSL, NRJSL and NCL - were assigned Tier 6 status, covering different geographical regions of the North, below the Tier 5 HL , that looks pretty balanced to me.

Wibble.

Judging by the Fauldhouse Junior Thread it seems that they haven't applied. The story line swallowed being along the lines that some the clubs which have applied will not be accepted!!!!

This will be shown for what it is once the EoS has had its' AGM next week. Perhaps we shall see another wave of Late Applicants soon after the AGM?

Kelty applied late last year, and weren't the only club to gain entry to the EoS in this way over the years. This could be the finish of the East Region Juniors. One story line too many?

They never seem to learn.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Wibble.

Look. It’s the same as the EOS. Existing structures aren’t in the system so the new structure will be whatever clubs want. If there is demand for a Highland wide Tier 6 then that could happen but no one can force the Tayside sides to join the north Juniors if they’d rather stay on Tayside at Tier 6.

Judging by the Fauldhouse Junior Thread it seems that they haven't applied. The story line swallowed being along the lines that some the clubs which have applied will not be accepted!!!! This will be shown for what it is once the EoS has had its' AGM next week. Perhaps we shall see another wave of Late Applicants soon after the AGM?

Kelty applied late last year, and weren't the only club to gain entry to the EoS in this way over the years. This could be the finish of the East Region Juniors. One story line too many?

Think Kelty applied after the closing date but before the AGM. I believe that is why applications were reopened this year after the 31/03 deadline, to 31/05, to make it clear that up to the AGM was OK. 

At some point, the door has to close for next season so that everyone knows where they are and I think the working assumption is that date will be 15 minutes from now, to allow all the rule changes etc to be drawn up and accepted at the AGM to allow things to function.

Plus, Given the earlier finish and start date of the EoS league versus the juniors, many of the clubs will be starting back pre season next weekend or the week after.

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

Judging by the Fauldhouse Junior Thread it seems that they haven't applied. The story line swallowed being along the lines that some the clubs which have applied will not be accepted!!!!

This will be shown for what it is once the EoS has had its' AGM next week. Perhaps we shall see another wave of Late Applicants soon after the AGM?

Just to clear our situation up, we didn’t apply after the AGM, we applied after a deadline that was changed at a board meeting. I can’t see any clubs being allowed to apply after midnight tonight. We were accepted into the league at the AGM last year.

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Again a great read, and again no plausible answers as to why junior clubs should stay put, although it was hinted a full fixture list is on the cards for next season 

1 minute ago, ShrimpLok said:

Look. It’s the same as the EOS. Existing structures aren’t in the system so the new structure will be whatever clubs want. If there is demand for a Highland wide Tier 6 then that could happen but no one can force the Tayside sides to join the north Juniors if they’d rather stay on Tayside at Tier 6.

I'm sure they'll be happy to stay where they are. I just don't think a few teams around Dundee and Perth merit their own tier 6 league versus the rest of the Highlands and North East. There may be a way to bring them in to a new structure, but that's not the way to start negotiations.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Basically my thoughts on the North. People might be nit picky over the names and Tier 7 having a relatively small leagues instead of being enlarged but with the resources of those clubs and the travel required it's probably best for 3 rough areas being covered.

image.png.20fab07b19a2660c60809c18b5736a09.png

More picky that the North Juniors have already decided to restructure to 3 region-wide divisions which would become North Div One at Tier 7 and North Div Two at Tier 8

Arguably the NCL should also start at Tier 6 as it contains a licensed club (Golspie)

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'm sure they'll be happy to stay where they are. I just don't think a few teams around Dundee and Perth merit their own tier 6 league versus the rest of the Highlands and North East. There may be a way to bring them in to a new structure, but that's not the way to start negotiations.

I suspect the better teams would want to be able to access a league at higher level that includes Aberdeen based teams. 

But I wonder if it might end up casting Moray and Nairn teams off towards the NCL?

14 minutes ago, Dev said:

So when do they close for applications,

The Friday before the 1st League games are due?

But the BIG question is

Can we get this thread up to the 500 page mark before the end of the season.

21 minutes ago, kefc said:

Just to clear our situation up, we didn’t apply after the AGM, we applied after a deadline that was changed at a board meeting. I can’t see any clubs being allowed to apply after midnight tonight. We were accepted into the league at the AGM last year.

I agree, there will be no later late date for applicants IMO.

Also, I'm not still sure whether the EoSL will accept more than a total of 36 clubs (2x18 conferences) at its AGM.  Any 'obligation' it had to accept clubs (at tier 6), could be argued to have expired on its original closing date of 31st March.  I have no inside information, so this is just a hunch. I am probably wrong.

Now we wait !

Edited by Robert James

32 minutes ago, Dev said:

Now that would be interesting 

35 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Basically my thoughts on the North. People might be nit picky over the names and Tier 7 having a relatively small leagues instead of being enlarged but with the resources of those clubs and the travel required it's probably best for 3 rough areas being covered.

image.png.20fab07b19a2660c60809c18b5736a09.png

16 Tayside v 14 North Superleague? Really? How many Tayside clubs made it into the East Super League? The SJFA site isn't entirely clear. 

image.thumb.png.f4acdb2a1f71ae9cd4f9dacfcb887150.png

Edited by welshbairn

55 minutes ago, archieb said:

More picky that the North Juniors have already decided to restructure to 3 region-wide divisions which would become North Div One at Tier 7 and North Div Two at Tier 8

Eh?