Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

I agree, there will be no later late date for applicants IMO.

Also, I'm not still sure whether the EoSL will accept more than a total of 36 clubs (2x18 conferences) at its AGM.  Any 'obligation' it had to accept clubs (at tier 6), could be argued to have expired on its original closing date of 31st March.  I have no inside information, so this is just a hunch. I am probably wrong.

Now we wait !

Although I agree with the 36 team thing in terms of practicality, I would think the eosfl wishes to have full control of all East clubs who will form any tier 6 set up now or in the future. That being the case surely the smart move would be to take as many junior sides as they have had apply with the view to increasing the already good profile of their league and doing away with any competition for football at tier 6 in the East of Scotland. 

Essentially if it were me I'd be saying to the sjfa - we will take all your East member clubs under our banner and you can concentrate on west region junior and North..... 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, I changed my post. What I meant was that the structure is all there, all it needs is the HL  fulfilling their part. I don't understand why they don't.

Maybe because it means voting for relegation? There's a fair chance an HL trapdoor would finish Fort William for good, and there are a handful of clubs who would have great reason to fear it. When the LL was set up, the clubs came from two divisions to form it, with the knowledge that relegation would only mean returning to them, so relegation was nowhere near as frightening.

I would have though for actual progress in the North we need to see an acceptance that floodlights are not a requirement or a grace period in place, say two or three seasons, otherwise we won’t see much promotion or relegation even if there was a feeder league.

The Highland League needs to permit relegation and should probably conform to the prescribed 16 team ideal, that’s perhaps another stumbling block.

What I imagine also needs to happen is a feeder league or leagues set up free of the junior hierarchy, I feel it is for this reason the HL hasn’t “ticked the box”.

Perhaps teams North of the Tay, whether in the NCL, Juniors, Amateurs or otherwise need to talk about setting up a NoSFL in the same was moves seem to be afoot in the set up of a WoSFL?

I think there’s a bit of a stand off at the moment and somebody needs to force the issue.

Could the North Region Juniors split off from the junior hierarchy and open up applications? Could the HL signal intent in setting up a second division and open up applications? I think something has to give.

On 09/06/2017 at 16:17, Shanner said:

without wishing to look like a knee jerker or greeting faced c**t, it's hard to see where it can go from it's current state other than further into obsolescence and irrelevance.

The Kelty move won't be the last and the best of the East region are sure to follow.

The West will have to overcome their reservations about travel or lobby hard for a restructuring that suits them.

The time to modernize and rejuvenate the Junior game itself has probably passed and the best that can be achieved now will be a slowing loss of the best sides, but not a prevention.

there will be a lot of bitterness towards the sides leaving initially but it smacks of a small time loser attitude to criticize for showing ambition.

Telt yeese. 

So I take it we are now left in a situation where we have to wait for EOSFL AGM to accept all the applications.
They will decide their League formats accordingly.
Then poor wee ERSJFA will be waiting in the wings, waiting to see who they have left to play with and sort out some kind of league structure from the wreckage.
East Region juniors is dead in the water. Last year surely. And no big teams left to have any clout to try bashing their way into anything higher than tier 8 next year, in any pyramid.
Sad times....

The next toys out of the pram situation will come if/when the eos accept every junior application.

This will blow out of the water all the doomsday information from the junior hierarchy that was being peddled to the remainers as recently as last Sunday.

I wait to break out the popcorn for the reaction from the like of my local "believers" at Tayport and Fauldhouse who seem to have taken the same bait.

Both committees should have a good chinwag at their game on saturday.

Perhaps of course when the new superlowlandleague with 8 of the remaining east juniors is created including north of tay teams everything will be rosy. Ffs seriously.

Any more rods the officials can cast for the fishies?

8 hours ago, Dev said:

This will be shown for what it is once the EoS has had its' AGM next week. Perhaps we shall see another wave of Late Applicants soon after the AGM?

Think Tweedmouth might have joined after their AGM and before the start of the following season? There may be a precedent for that scenario and an extra week after their AGM probably wouldn't cause them any huge issues in terms of compiling fixture lists.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Maybe because it means voting for relegation? There's a fair chance an HL trapdoor would finish Fort William for good, and there are a handful of clubs who would have great reason to fear it. When the LL was set up, the clubs came from two divisions to form it, with the knowledge that relegation would only mean returning to them, so relegation was nowhere near as frightening.

I'd have thought Fort William would be better off in the First Division West or NCL. Less fixtures to fulfill, something they've been struggling with, and they might actually win the odd game which would be good for morale. I'd miss them though, one of my favourite away days.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have thought Fort William would be better off in the First Division West or NCL. Less fixtures to fulfill, something they've been struggling with, and they might actually win the odd game which would be good for morale. I'd miss them though, one of my favourite away days.

Fort William almost went NCL this summer, but found a new board and financial backing to remain in the HL.

For the post earlier that confused you, the North Juniors previously agreed to restructure into a Premier - Division One - Division Two setup this summer, losing the regional divisions below the Superleague. Remains to be seen if they’ll proceed with a few clubs going into abeyance.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Fort William would return to the North Caledonian League if necessary in the future.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Fort William would return to the North Caledonian League if necessary in the future.

It's worrying about teams like fort William that hold back the game in scotland,  fort William have been cannon fodder for all I can remember teams like that should be in the amatuer ranks 

3 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

It's worrying about teams like fort William that hold back the game in scotland,  fort William have been cannon fodder for all I can remember teams like that should be in the amatuer ranks 

"Hold back the game" :lol:

Go on then, how have Fort William held back Scottish football.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

"Hold back the game" :lol:

Go on then, how have Fort William held back Scottish football.

Everyone worrying about the dregs of the game when making decisions regarding all levels of football in scotland instead of doing what's best for the game so in essence holding back the game.

Just now, kenny131 said:

Everyone worrying about the dregs of the game when making decisions regarding all levels of football in scotland instead of doing what's best for the game so in essence holding back the game.

Who is "everyone" and how exactly have they been making decisions to protect Fort William?

1 minute ago, kenny131 said:

:lol:

Jesus fucking Christ.

The sneering and contempt you hold for Fort William is the same shitty attitude Rangers/ Celtic fans have towards clubs like my own.

I think junior football is holding back Scottish football. These diddy clubs, the dregs of the game, holding back senior football. Dissolve the whole grade immediately.

(I obviously don't think that because I'm not a moron, but what's the difference between me saying that and your comments towards Fort William?)

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Who is "everyone" and how exactly have they been making decisions to protect Fort William?

Shut up Moonster, your diddy club and their existence in the SPFL is holding back real football teams like Rangers and Celtic. You, and your club, should have no say in anything and it's disgusting that your diddy team are even taken into account when discussing Scottish football.

Dissolve Dumbarton FC immediately, for the good of the game.

:unsure: