Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, Jute said:

So which of the current EoS grounds do not have toilet facilities then. I know Peebles share a toilet facility with neighbouring rugby club but cannot think of any of the others I have been to that do not have a toilets. Admittedly I have not been to them all but assuming you have been to be making such sweeping statements.

Jute, sadly you will receive no answers there, I have attempted on around 5 occassions, to have a healthy conversation but all I get is deflection and unanswered questions so I have given up.... Good luck in the quest though :-) 

57 minutes ago, Jute said:

So which of the current EoS grounds do not have toilet facilities then. I know Peebles share a toilet facility with neighbouring rugby club but cannot think of any of the others I have been to that do not have a toilets. Admittedly I have not been to them all but assuming you have been to be making such sweeping statements.

Yes Peebles is a case in point. No toilet facilities, no walls.

Edited by Khufu2

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

Okay so now only some panicked.... Or did some have another look and weigh up their future, based on a multitude of reasons and choose to move? 

So you haven't said you don't think there is money there that everyone expects there to be..... Have I really got to go back and find the posts? 

As the standard of football in Scotland progresses so will the standard of leagues within the pyramid structure, I firmly believe the Highland league will also improve, maybe not at the same rate as the rest but it will improve.... Look at the bigger picture. 

Enjoy deflecting and denying.....just as a thought though, you still haven't said how you formed your views, where you have looked and what information you have used to come to your conclusions about the eosfl.....feel free, at any time to do so J.... 

When did I say Dalkeith and Blackburn panicked?

When did I say there was no money?

Why do you believe the HL will improve.

You’re making it up as you go along.

2 hours ago, Jute said:

Who charges £12. Not anybody in the EoS or Lowland League anyway. Some charged less than £6 though.

Glad somebody noticed this. Right out of the TJ book of propaganda. Btw Tweedmouth were only charging £3 the day I went.

1 hour ago, kefc said:

For a run of the mill league or cup game they were up. A home game v Peebles this season had more punters than a home fixture against Broughty last season for example.

Obviously our games v Boness, Linlithgow, Hill Of Beath would have boosted the seasons average last season but our core home support was definitely up by at least  50-75 due to a number of reasons ie marketing and an improved Matchday experience but the main reason which also had our hospitality selling out at all games was without doubt the fixture list.

But don’t read much into that improvement which in turn increased revenue undoubtably helped by the EOS fixture list and being part of the pyramid. We have all just moved to the land of milk and honey for handouts, deary me there’s no handouts :blink: what there is though is a better structure to help improve and build a football club at the heart of a community.

Thanks for that. Fixtures lists are such a massive advantage for planning ahead and help with creating revenue re. hospitality. Unbelievable that the SJFA have never done anything about it.

24 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Yes Peebles is a case in point. No toilet facilities, no walls.

Can you please list all of the ones with those issues as you said that "some" of the grounds had these problems.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Clubs can aim for whatever level they wish to attain there is now no ceiling.  A Linlithgow might have aspirations of tier 3 or 4 eventually, others may not. 

FWIW, I much, much prefer non-league to L1 or L2, and even I think Linlithgow Rose have to make the leap. We're into change or die territory now.

5 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I was only asking :lol: 

I never really agreed with the decision to let juniors enter the SC, although it seems to have had a positive effect towards the pyramid. To let the likes of Talbot in to milk the senior teat just seems a bit off to me, considering their opposition to the senior game

This attitude has always pissed me off.

The SFA is the governing body of Scottish football, not the Scottish league system. Being in or outside the league pyramid is utterly irrelevant to whether a club should be in the Scottish Cup. The Scottish Cup ought to be open to any club that can get a licence for their ground, and involvement in the pyramid should have nothing to do with it.

4 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Ye forgot the best one   Marriage!!!!

Naw, this is the best licence: https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/3009/Sex-Shop-Licence

4 hours ago, naetshirt said:

Most sensible post yet! Flocks of sheep syndrome!

Genuine question - why do sheep move in flocks? Is it because they are stupid? Or is it because there is safety in numbers, there is strength in being together, and being isolated is incredibly dangerous?

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

On the assumption that the BU's are accepted into the EoSFL for next season there are lots of things I am looking forward to:-  new grounds to visit, new teams to see and new cup competitions to play in.     Roll on next season as I cannot wait.

The value of novelty and rejuvenation shouldn't be underestimated. It's what, 17 years since the formation of the Superleague, and things have become stagnant. The change itself will whet a lot of appetites. 

7 minutes ago, Marten said:

Thanks for that. Fixtures lists are such a massive advantage for planning ahead and help with creating revenue re. hospitality. Unbelievable that the SJFA have never done anything about it.

I don't know if this is typical, but...

Each time fixtures are published for male and female competitive internationals, or for the early rounds of the Scottish Cup, I stick them on the calendar, so that the missus knows when I'm going to be busy, the same way she puts her stuff on the calendar. I'd like to stick the bigger Linlithgow Rose matches on (it would be selfish to claim every single match), but I can generally only do that for the opening weeks of the season. A full season fixture list will let me put in the derbies and a few others that I'm keen to get to, especially away matches at grounds I've not been to before.

Lack of a fixture list has always been an utter embarrassment and the single worst thing about the Juniors. 

25 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

When did I say Dalkeith and Blackburn panicked?

When did I say there was no money?

Why do you believe the HL will improve.

You’re making it up as you go along.

Yet more deflection and denial, can we swap for a day and I can live there too for just one day, it sounds fun..... Enjoy :-) 

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

No misunderstanding on my part - point I was making was simply the EoS and SoS (especially the latter) became part of the pyramid with members under no compulsion to gain a Club License (and thus promotion upwards). Where's the 'commitment to the pyramid' that makes them different to the Juniors on the outside?

If you can only get a CL for committing to the pyramid, is it simply enough to be part of a league that was assimilated into the pyramid on grounds of history (right grade of football) and geography (right part of the country) when it comes to non-Full Member eligibility to the national cup? I don't think it's right to exclude the Juniors from the Scottish Cup until every club is on a level footing - i.e. there's a geographically and infrastructurally correct league at Senior/Pyramid level for all clubs to enter in (or opt out of). That blatantly is not the case right now with the glaring omissions beneath the LL in the West and beneath the HFL everywhere.

That said, once it is all in place and clubs make that decision - in or out - I  suppose there'd be grounds to revisit it.

"........I don't think its right to exclude the juniors from the Scottish Cup until every club is on a level footing.....".

It would be tremendous to watch Wick Academy v Pollok, or Talbot v East Kilbride, in the Scottish Junior Cup, and I hope it will happen in the not too distant future. Scotland needs a unified national non league cup, which has been a huge success south of the border.

But the point which has been consistently ignored by junior advocates on this forum, is the exclusive attitude of the SJFA. If I was Tom Johnson & co, I would realise that this attitude has been at the heart of the current situation. So, here is a challenge to clubs like Pollok and Talbot : you should propose to the SJFA AGM that the Scottish Junior Cup should be opened up to all non league clubs, with entry on a voluntary basis, with immediate effect for 2018/19.

Make this gesture, and it might lead to a more reciprocal approach from the SFA regarding the ('senior') Scottish Cup entry criteria ?

Will it be approved by the SJFA ?  Somehow I doubt it very much.

The wider consequence is, that this exclusive attitude by the SJFA, suggests that a West of Scotland pyramid league will not be formed anytime soon. Sadly.

5 minutes ago, stanley said:

Can you please list all of the ones with those issues as you said that "some" of the grounds had these problems.  Thanks.

No toilet facilities inside the ground at LTHV and no walls either.  Add to Peebles and there's your "some".

4 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Yet more deflection and denial, can we swap for a day and I can live there too for just one day, it sounds fun..... Enjoy :-) 

What are you on about? You made certain claims, I asked you to substantiate them and you came back with this pathetic reply because you know you can't substantiate them.

LOL!!!

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont feel the need to defend yourselves re crowd sizes, there’s too many deluded folks on here just looking for a fight, one ‘Giant’ of the ayrshire game was quoted as boasting of an average away crowd in the hundreds when in reality theyve had paying away crowds of 5/6 this season. Ignore the folk trying to belittle attendances in the EOSL because many of them are either lying about or incapable of counting their own fans.

Aye, but some of them have more fingers than the rest of us, so every "hand" total is 6/7 instead of 5. Soon adds up!

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Each time fixtures are published for male and female competitive internationals, or for the early rounds of the Scottish Cup, I stick them on the calendar, so that the missus knows when I'm going to be busy, the same way she puts her stuff on the calendar. I'd like to stick the bigger Linlithgow Rose matches on (it would be selfish to claim every single match), but I can generally only do that for the opening weeks of the season. A full season fixture list will let me put in the derbies and a few others that I'm keen to get to, especially away matches at grounds I've not been to before.

Lack of a fixture list has always been an utter embarrassment and the single worst thing about the Juniors. 

As a groundhopper, I usually do some planning when the fixtures come out at the start of the season. I plan in the senior grounds I want to go to, some good derbies etc. I also plan when I go south of the border for some good games there and I usually pre-book train tickets well enough in advance once planning has been done to save on travel costs. Junior games are now just being fit in when I have nothing else planned or at the end of the season when the senior leagues are finished (but then senior play-offs/cup finals are competition for junior games as well). If the juniors had proper fixture lists, I'd undoubtedly have gone to more junior games this season as I'd have planned some of the big games in at the start of the season and reserved those dates in my diary. I might be a bit weird as a groundhopper, but I surely won't be the only one and I can imagine that especially for smaller clubs each sold ticket is welcome.

9 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

No toilet facilities inside the ground at LTHV and no walls either.  Add to Peebles and there's your "some".

Saughton is enclosed though. As for toilets I believe they have been installed as part of their licence application. So just the one which still has a toilet beside the ground. 

16 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

What are you on about? You made certain claims, I asked you to substantiate them and you came back with this pathetic reply because you know you can't substantiate them.

LOL!!!

Okay here goes:

You have mentioned money on more than one occasion as the main motivator and chose to exclude any other reason for clubs moving over.... You have asked how many slices a cake can be split into etc. I didn't say anything about money, you mentioned it in your posts... 

You have went from all the leavers being lemmings, to then using two teams as an example of teams who haven't just jumped, which you believe most have (even though they may have made a conscious decision when faced with the current situation - then weighed up their current position against what could be achieved by moving) 

I believe that improvement in Scottish football from the top down and bottom up (throughout the pyramid structure) will mean the improvement at every station in that set up. Although I concede that this is only my opinion and open to challenge. Given the HL geographical position it may take longer, but for me players will naturally migrate to the nearest level from the one they have left..... Professional in the spfl to the LL and HL then the eosfl and so on.... But the HL are slightly different given the geography of their situation, hence the more gradual improvement. 

Is that good enough yet? 

Now I have gratuitously answered your question, would you care to share with me and everyone else how you have reached your position...

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Gordon, have you tried ignoring her completely, and going anyway?