Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

Is this still happening for next season??

Guessing it'll be brought up as a motion again with the influx of new clubs. Juniors will continue to participate in at least the 2018-19 & 2019-20 seasons as I don't think it'll be brought up at this year's AGM.

One of the most disappointing things about this whole thing is the complete lack of information about it on the official East Region Juniors Website. For or against, you would think they would at least want to keep people informed.

Edited by shuggie123

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Yes. Why wouldn't it? To change it would need to go through SFA AGM and I'm not aware of any proposal in place yet to remove it? Such a proposal was defeated a year or two back.

I was only asking :lol: 

I never really agreed with the decision to let juniors enter the SC, although it seems to have had a positive effect towards the pyramid. To let the likes of Talbot in to milk the senior teat just seems a bit off to me, considering their opposition to the senior game

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, but somebody is going to invade the pitch shortly, and get the match abandoned...

Khufu2 (aka Isa), Tutankhamen & Truthteller by any chance?

14 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.3391b1ffadba9c82ce656ae114b7834c.png

Can't see this being stable moving forward because most of the clubs are now clustered at two geographical extremes well over an hour apart that are not natural rivals and most of the teams involved don't have much in the way of a regular support with close to half being what are effectively amateur clubs in all but name that are unlikely to actually really want to be promoted into a superleague format minus the bigger clubs that left. Assuming it doesn't get opened up again to another round of applications, which could further complicate what works in numbers terms, I think they might be better off having a Tayside league and a Fife/West Lothian (minus Tayport and Newburgh) one, and binning the east superleague completely.  That might be difficult in terms of their constitution though, if most of the 16 best placed clubs insist otherwise.

Just now, heedthebaa said:

I never really agreed with the decision to let juniors enter the SC, although it seems to have had a positive effect towards the pyramid. To let the likes of Talbot in to milk the senior teat just seems a bit off to me, considering their opposition to the senior game

I'd be happy for junior entry in the Scottish Cup to be removed when there is a proper feeder in the west & north. Then clubs had a taste of it and know they can only keep it if they move over.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

I'd be happy for junior entry in the Scottish Cup to be removed when there is a proper feeder in the west & north. Then clubs had a taste of it and know they can only keep it if they move over.

And Amateur Cup winners too?

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

And Amateur Cup winners too?

If the amateur leagues get included in the pyramid, which I would support by means of opening up the possibility of voluntary promotion to the lowest pyramid tiers (like between England's tiers 10-11), these clubs could get licensed and earn entry.

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Can you tell me the size of the SFA fund available for tier 5 and below?

This, aka the cake slicing thing is an  interesting point. I suspect no-one on here knows. You could be right in what you imply. It could also be that to the SFA, the sums involved are pretty trivial, and expanding the cake would scarcely register on the balance sheet. We’ll certainly see in due course.

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes because had they won the league they were going to be allowed in playoff meaning licenced

They are not on the spreadsheet of licensed clubs yet on the SFA website, but it may just be a case of still being subject to rubber stamping at the next meeting.

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

Could get this to a 1000 pages by Christmas.

Easily, the discussion will now move to what happens with the remainder of the east and any possible developments in the west & north, so plenty more stuff for discussion!

On 3 June 2018 at 11:20, AlanCamelonfan said:

You do realise clubs aren' going to get mega richeck.  Everyone knows that. At worst going to be in same boat we always were just another name above the door is only difference we are playing the same game

So why bother moving?

29 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Will you be kicking the Scottish AFA Cup winners out too? And what about the EoS and SoS clubs not (seemingly?) interested in getting licensed (such as Eyemouth?). If Eyemouth were to win the EoS or the East/South Shield, they'd be getting a cup place. You're only in the pyramid by quirk of fate and have to do absoluetely nothing that requires engagement with the pyramid beyond doing what you always have!

Edited by cmontheloknow