Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Bit pedantic, but it wasn't self-inflicted. It was because of the actions of other clubs.
They had the same opportunity as all the other clubs and chose not to move, knowing what was going on around them.

Pretty sure that's why he says "self inflicted" and I'd be inclined to agree. They could have been playing against the top teams next year, had they chosen to. They chose not to.

Just heard as usual through the grapvine that St Andrews Utd have done a U turn after Fridays decision to stay with Juniors. Sounds like Tail wagging the dog! AGAIN!! This committee once
again prove they aren't strong or good enough to take decisions and are being led by "sales patter". Sad days?

18 minutes ago, naetshirt said:

Just heard as usual through the grapvine that St Andrews Utd have done a U turn after Fridays decision to stay with Juniors. Sounds like Tail wagging the dog! AGAIN!! This committee once
again prove they aren't strong or good enough to take decisions and are being led by "sales patter". Sad days?

Confusing it was announced few days ago they were going eosfl. Juniors are done

On 02/06/2018 at 09:06, The Mantis said:

Unless we pass you on the way doon :lol:

This is no laughing matter :angry:

Edit.. 

Why do I get the feeling you are somehow correct. I don't think we need crystal balls either :P

Edited by newcastle broon

35 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Can see a few teams in the East returning to the Juniors once the gold nuggets fail to appear.

It really must be tedious continuously peddling the same line, whether you are tutankhamen, Khufu2 or another person all together..... I remember someone in my past who had a penchant for Egyptian times..... I wonder if all three are the same person? 

Enjoy the trolling though, you continuously display your compete lack of understanding towards why clubs have moved and prefer to continue your narrative of gold coins and the lack of them.... If you are going to troll, in any one of the alter egos, at least do some homework first. 

39 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Can see a few teams in the East returning to the Juniors once the gold nuggets fail to appear.

The opposite's more likely to be true. The EoSFL of 2018 offering help to the clubs in the West with setting up a WoSFL is an outsider interfering. The EoSFL of 2019 with two dozen former junior clubs offering assitance to the West/North/East Regions in setting things up in the Senior structure is more likely to gain some traction.

20 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

It really must be tedious continuously peddling the same line, whether you are tutankhamen, Khufu2 or another person all together..... I remember someone in my past who had a penchant for Egyptian times..... I wonder if all three are the same person? 

Another deluded soul.  

55 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I'm sure they will not notice much of a difference irrespective of grade, clubs aren't going to suddenly develop hordes of new fans.  It's about gradual growth and the benefits of being in the pyramid will assist with that due to the support on offer from the authorities.  Clubs can aim for whatever level they wish to attain there is now no ceiling.  A Linlithgow might have aspirations of tier 3 or 4 eventually, others may not. 

The Eos have the big three of Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness and Linlithgow any remaining junior league without those three lacks real attraction in the East.   

And in three years time they will probably have moved on to the Lowland League, exchanging places with the likes of Civil Service Strollers, Whitehill Welfare and Vale of Leithen -never to be seen again by the bulk of ex-juniors.

Just now, G4Mac said:

Completely........ 

There seems to be a very close correlation between blind faith in the Pyramid and levels of delusion. This delusion presents itself in the form of believing that anyone who expresses reservations about the Pyramid's panacean  properties is a troll and that every poster who does so is one and the same banned poster.

It's almost as if they feel a little insecure.

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Why would they? You do realise clubs aren' going to get mega richeck.  Everyone knows that. At worst going to be in same boat we always were just another name above the door is only difference we are playing the same game

This is how the pyramid is meant to work, the better clubs move up the leagues and everyone plays at their operating level, the eosfl and LL will be stronger for it. The juniors will be weaker for it. There is no glass ceiling for East teams anymore....... And the interest in the eosfl and LL hasn't, to my knowledge, been greater than it is now..... Again, only a good thing for both leagues! 

6 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

And in three years time they will probably have moved on to the Lowland League, exchanging places with the likes of Civil Service Strollers, Whitehill Welfare and Vale of Leithen -never to be seen again by the bulk of ex-juniors.

The bulk of the ex juniors your arniston Dunbar craigroyston don't see linlithgow in the juniors so if they don' see them in the seniors they have lost nothing

Just now, Tynieness said:

So in essense they will still be better off due to more available funding from being part of pyramid.

Money, money, money....

How thinly is it possible to slice a cake? Anyone know?

9 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Money, money, money....

How thinly is it possible to slice a cake? Anyone know?

What is your issue with this? The possibility of grant funding from various sources due to being SFA members versus the certainty of no or little funding in the juniors? For teams wanting to improve their facilities it's a no brainer.

Edited by Cyclizine

Just now, Tynieness said:

He is clearly at it.  If he isn't he would have been the boy sitting on a deckchair as the titanic went down convinced all was fine.

Can you tell me the size of the SFA fund available for tier 5 and below?

2 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

There seems to be a very close correlation between blind faith in the Pyramid and levels of delusion. This delusion presents itself in the form of believing that anyone who expresses reservations about the Pyramid's panacean  properties is a troll and that every poster who does so is one and the same banned poster.

It's almost as if they feel a little insecure.

I don't know why, but I will bite!

Have you, in any of your posts, presented an argument based on any information you have gathered. For instance, have you looked into what the sjfa offer to clubs and weighed that out against what the eosfl offers it's clubs? 

You, and others, consistently state that all the clubs have bailed in search of money, how accurate do you believe this to be? I for one, along with multiple others, have presented you and others with the underlying reasons for clubs moving, which ultimately involves the buy into the national pyramid structure running in Scottish football so that clubs can attempt to progress both on and off the park - at no point has money been the sole motivator, although for clubs gaining their licence they will have an extra sum they wouldn't have had if they had remained junior, but this sum isn't the only motivator for the many.... Particularly the original applicants. 

I have no blind faith, I have balanced my reasoning out with factual information and logic, coupled with years of playing junior where I have seen how the whole sjfa structure runs in both the East and the west. 

My opinion is an informed opinion, reached after days and weeks of research and asking questions to those involved in both the sjfa and eosfl processes, my question to you is can you say the same? 

3 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

He is clearly at it.  If he isn't he would have been the boy sitting on a deckchair as the titanic went down convinced all was fine.

Clearly wearing an overcoat. Then again maybe not  believing the Sun was shining.:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Can you, I do not have that information available, what I do have is a list of benefits...

What does the East of Scotland Football League have to offer?

• Membership of EOSFL which confirms acceptance of and commitment to the pyramid system thereby satisfying a mandatory requirement of being granted a Club Licence. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry to the Scottish Cup for Champion Club irrespective of licencing status which will generate a minimum income in excess of £3,000 SJFA - YES
• 3 ways of Scottish Cup Entry, EOS & SOS League Champions, Alex Jack Cup Winner, Any Licenced Club SJFA - No
• £3,000 Funding towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced  clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence. SJFA - No
• Up to £10,000 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No
• Our ambition is to have all Members licenced as soon as possible and thereby automatically in the Scottish Cup every year. SJFA - No
• Very likely more promotion places will be available to enter the Lowland League from Tier 6. SJFA - No
• SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• All clubs supplied with a defibrillator and associated training. SFA Licence compliant. SJFA - No
• Bespoke personalised first aid bag. SJFA - No
• Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant. SJFA - No (EOS supply all 3 insurances that pass Licence criteria)
• Match balls and training balls supplied each season. SJFA - Yes (Matchballs only)
• Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level. SJFA - Unsure
• Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league. SJFA - Yes
• A sound organisational structure with fixtures issued on a seasonal basis. SJFA - No
• In combination with the Scottish Lowland League and the South of Scotland League an U20 development league for the development of a player pathway. SJFA - No
• Automatic entry for the U20 team into the Scottish Youth Cup. SJFA - No

LOWLAND LEAGUE (added to above)
• As it stands winner goes into a play off for promotion to SPFL. SJFA - No
• Winner gets automatic entry into the Betfred Cup Group Stage, £17,000 minimum prize money, guaranteed 2 home matches in group also. SJFA - No
• Top 4 qualify for Irn Bru Cup, minimum £3,000 Prize money. SJFA - No
• Up to £20,000 funding as a LL club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements. SJFA - No

Hopefully his fingers have tired out. Then again maybe no,