Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

10 hours ago, the rambler said:

Whats the point of West entry at tier 6 if only one Club, Petershill, has floodlights and the rest have very little chance of having them due to the cost. The only other Club likely to have them any time soon is Talbot and they have stated they dont want to join LL, unless this has changed. Given that floodlights are a requirement for Club Licensing and LL entry it makes more sense to me for the West to enter at Tier 7. Any West Club wanting to progress further can apply to other Regions.

The current proposal to shoehorn 14/30 league fixtures in by the end of September to allow the Champion to take part in a play off where they cant go up is the tail wagging the dog and will be financially detrimental to the Clubs.

I am not opposed to the Pyramid or progress for those that want to progress but it is at the expense of the majority of Clubs. Nor am I criticising the fixture proposal as a plan had to be made to achieve an April finish. I just think that it's pointless for West Clubs to finish mid April given the lack of Clubs with Licenses.

The redevelopment of Holm Park, scheduled to be completed before June this year, will have floodlights according to the planning application as agreed by the Council. Apparently the building works have now commenced.

6 hours ago, Dead said:

It doesn't bother me personally whatever"Grade" a  football club wants to come under as for me we are all just football clubs in the end anyway.  However,  what happens to a Junior club in tier 6 who are promoted to tier 5 ? As the Lowland Lowland is a Senior League will that club still be a Junior club or will they magically become a Senior club?  Is there in legislation to stop a Junior club competing in a Senior League ? Probably not but that might change.

Taking it further, if that same club which perhaps has now become a Senior club in tier 5, then gets relegated back to Junior tier 6 I take it they will become a Junior club again ?

It all seems  at best rather messy to me as I take it the club will have to apply to the Senior Lowland League and resign from the SJFA on promotion the opposite if relegated.

Girvan and Banks O'Dee play in junior leagues, but also hold SFA licences.

3 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Isn't floodlights one of the major concerns that you and others have suggested is wrong with the licence conditions? 

Floodlights are essential for all top non-league clubs, whether senior or junior.  Floodlights are  a  membership requirement, for clubs wishing to join the HFL, and  are used regularly for midweek games for their Ist XI, and for youth development matches. The SLL is catching up with only 3 clubs  without lights, and is likely to adopt the floodlights requirement in the next couple of years (possibly linked to the SFA Licence "derogation"  timescale)..

As clubs will also need floodlights under the new SFA  licensing rule, it will be interesting to see how many ex-junior clubs now playing in the EoSL are awarded an entry licence in February, or July this year. Leading West juniors will surely follow suit,  sooner rather than later ? It shouldn't be a concern as  clubs at Tier 6 and below, will not need them in the foreseeable future. 

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

Floodlights are essential for all top non-league clubs, whether senior or junior.  Floodlights are  a  membership requirement, for clubs wishing to join the HFL, and  are used regularly for midweek games for their Ist XI, and for youth development matches. The SLL is catching up with only 3 clubs  without lights, and is likely to adopt the floodlights requirement in the next couple of years (possibly linked to the SFA Licence "derogation"  timescale)..

As clubs will also need floodlights under the new SFA  licensing rule, it will be interesting to see how many ex-junior clubs now playing in the EoSL are awarded an entry licence in February, or July this year. Leading West juniors will surely follow suit,  sooner rather than later ? It shouldn't be a concern as  clubs at Tier 6 and below, will not need them in the foreseeable future. 

Yeah i know Robert, I was being kinda flippant towards the person who posted about floodlights. I think that floodlights, toilets, hospitality and medical rooms/baby changing facilities (a licenced ground) should be a bare minimum in the future...not right away, but in time for tier 6 etc. 

11 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

THE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION HANDBOOK 2018/2019

3.13 in respect of the Non-Professional Game:

(i)  to consider and develop activities to the mutual advancement and benefit of senior Leagues which are not the subject of Club Licensing and also the Affiliated National Associations;

iv)  to consider and issue recommendations to the Board (and other Standing Committees and Panels as appropriate) regarding matters in connection with senior Leagues which, as determined by the Board, are not the subject of Club Licensing and also the Affiliated National Associations

Season:
Means solely for the purposes of these rules and the Senior Online Registration system the playing season domestically in Scotland  will be the period starting on 1st July and ending on 30th June the following year with the exception of the Scottish Junior FA Season which shall end on the third Saturday in June each year;

Source: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3998/scottish-fa-handbook-18_19.pdf

There will be many many references to "senior" over the years in SFA papers and documents. 

Please join us Kilbowie Benches in the new Senior Football Pyramid - forget this crap and let us all enjoy the game we love together.

Meaning not youth football.....

Senior football means a different thing to different people.Some mean it as just SPFL clubs for some it means not youth football and others say it’s adult non Junior football!

We are all non league adult football clubs covered by the non professional game board in Scotland.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

Why would there be any need to mention that members of senior leagues are senior clubs? They were formed first then the Junior "grade" came later so they had their own moniker. Kilbowie Benches seems to think that members of the English FA aren't English clubs because their association is called The FA and not the English FA. The FA was formed first so they don't need any other name. If another organisation is formed later it's up to them to form the distinction.

Kilbowie, what is the exact point you are attempting to make with this argument? 

So are we to say then, by using the same debate tactic, that junior football doesn't exist as it is all covered under the same level anyway?  

Whether you like the use of the word or not, the terms 'senior' and 'junior' are used to make reference to the current divide in terms of associations. Senior being those leagues considered a 'professional' part of the pyramid and junior considered the 'semi professional' element and association member of the sfa. 

Whichever way you want to utilise the terms, the LL and eosfl are considered part of the senior, adult professional pyramid. The sjfa are not and have not been since its inception. Hopefully though the clubs will move over and we can call this whole thing off. 

3 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Kilbowie, what is the exact point you are attempting to make with this argument? 

So are we to say then, by using the same debate tactic, that junior football doesn't exist as it is all covered under the same level anyway?  

Whether you like the use of the word or not, the terms 'senior' and 'junior' are used to make reference to the current divide in terms of associations. Senior being those leagues considered a 'professional' part of the pyramid and junior considered the 'semi professional' element and association member of the sfa. 

Whichever way you want to utilise the terms, the LL and eosfl are considered part of the senior, adult professional pyramid. The sjfa are not and have not been since its inception. Hopefully though the clubs will move over and we can call this whole thing off. 

Adult? ADULT!??!!

FFS the terms  'Senior' & 'Junior' cause enough consternation without bringing another misleading term into the equation!

You appear to be as confused about the Junior/Senior distinction as some poor bugger from Ingerland who's just clicked onto a webpage of Scottish football results for the first time in his life!

What's more 'Senior' vs 'Junior' DOES NOT equate to 'Professional' vs 'Semi-professional' as you're claiming.

Words fail me.

31 minutes ago, archieb said:

Adult? ADULT!??!!

FFS the terms  'Senior' & 'Junior' cause enough consternation without bringing another misleading term into the equation!

You appear to be as confused about the Junior/Senior distinction as some poor bugger from Ingerland who's just clicked onto a webpage of Scottish football results for the first time in his life!

What's more 'Senior' vs 'Junior' DOES NOT equate to 'Professional' vs 'Semi-professional' as you're claiming.

Words fail me.

Having played junior for say 10 years or so, mixed with some appearances at amateur level and a few senior appearances..... I can assure I know exactly what each level and grade offers. 

The facts words fail you is of little concern to me. 

I was asking what the original posters point was, if you take time to read it back instead of taking to your soapbox, you may determine that I was merely pointing out that regardless of what terminology one uses (adult, senior, junior, amateur) only the LL and eosfl are considered part of the professional pyramid that is in place in this country. (therefore those at that level can rightly say they are part of the senior professional set up) 

No other affiliate member is part of that senior professional set up. In my time of playing junior football I always considered myself as playing semi professional football. However, when coaching in the LL I considered that as coaching at part time professional level. (that is why I used the words I did, not because I'm confused, but because I have had enough experiences across the levels to have formed a balanced view on things) 

What I'd love to see, and reiterate this again and again, is everyone under the same banner. Playing for the same prizes and progressing as a one..... Instead of a disjointed and archaic football set up. I live in hope that this will happen to benefit everyone. 

9 hours ago, IMX1 said:

Pg 667 OMG  after hearing the West Regions plans for next next year , I hope we are tier 7 in the triangle.

Once a junior always a junior, pity the East jumped!!

Not really eosfl is a far more professional organisation and we don't have the Junior Cup rpiping a hole in the season. Plus these plans are for the west nothing said for the East and we don't have to travel to tayside for a league game

Not really eosfl is a far more professional organisation and we don't have the Junior Cup rpiping a hole in the season. Plus these plans are for the west nothing said for the East and we don't have to travel to tayside for a league game

This nonsense of travel will be put to bed in the coming fortnight when the ERJFA announce their proposals and applicants for membership which will surprise some people

17 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

This nonsense of travel will be put to bed in the coming fortnight when the ERJFA announce their proposals and applicants for membership which will surprise some people

That will be good, at least it will show to existing clubs if it's worth staying or joining the EoS and accessing the Pyramid.  Does it mean this season is a complete write-off then?

Edited by Burnie_man

14 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Tayside for me shouldn't have been in ersjfa in the first place for me. Theirs no way eosfl are going to accept ersjfa in the pyramid. The Tayside problem as currently they can't be in lowland league  so proposals don't mean anything. WRSJFA have put proposals out their. To me it's a nonsense having two league in same area and doesn't make any sense. 

22 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

You can have 3 options

1. Status quo

2. 2 leagues of 18 north and south

3. Or 3 regionalised leagues to qualify for a super league which could give u a geographical balance of 4 taside 4 Fife and 4 Lothians clubs