Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, grazza said:

Would be nice gesture for junior clubs to invite non SPFL senior clubs to complete in the Scottish Junior cup. I understand listening to Talbot fans on radio Scotland that the competition has lost what it was with many of the east teams now leaving.  Would also secure that competition if juniors fully integrate into the pyramid this cup could still be continued and boosted. 

Second that. After all, junior clubs have competed in the Scottish cup for a decade or so. It should go both ways. 

Besides if the Junior Cup was open to all nonleague clubs it would become a stronger competition, and help preserve junior culture and identity which is clearly important to many regardless of how this is viewed by others. 

Knowing they'd still be able to regard themselves as junior and still have the Junior cup might help clubs make the transition to the pyramid. It may also help make any merger between EoS and East juniors easier which is important as this seems to be one of the main stumbling blocks.

26 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Second that. After all, junior clubs have competed in the Scottish cup for a decade or so. It should go both ways. 

Besides if the Junior Cup was open to all nonleague clubs it would become a stronger competition, and help preserve junior culture and identity which is clearly important to many regardless of how this is viewed by others. 

Knowing they'd still be able to regard themselves as junior and still have the Junior cup might help clubs make the transition to the pyramid. It may also help make any merger between EoS and East juniors easier which is important as this seems to be one of the main stumbling blocks.

Or they could just join south challenge cup  and we won't have our season disrupted coz of it. 

Move on stop trying to drag it to the past. I loved the juniors loved the junior cup but it's done

12 minutes ago, stanley said:

Don't see any point in senior teams playing in the junior cup.  Just means extra fixtures.  Waste of time for the senior teams IMO.

Yes. I would add that an existing cup would certainly need to be dropped, too many cup competions as is. 

The long history of the junior cup seems like something worth keeping in some form. At least float the idea with senior non league clubs. If they weren't interested, fair enough.

6 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Yes. I would add that an existing cup would certainly need to be dropped, too many cup competions as is. 

The long history of the junior cup seems like something worth keeping in some form. At least float the idea with senior non league clubs. If they weren't interested, fair enough.

Someone sygested that but change the name well if changing he name just keep southouse challenge cup

20 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Junior Cup would involve an extra round of games compared to the South Challenge Cup. And the Junior Leagues possibly entering the Lowland League Playoffs creates an extra round of games there. The calendar being squeezed by an extra two weeks for the senior Leagues probably isn't going to be an attractive proposition.

That's without taking into account the costs. Most senior clubs are happy with participation in the SFA Scottish Cup as they get their trips around the country already and it isn't a financial drain in the same way.

A National non-league trophy can work. It's just going to take time for a proper integrated pyramid. In fact that was a part of the original pyramid plan.

image.png.fa0b4ebb0992a5ac815e7e37497f136a.png

the junior cup as an all in non-league could work on the condition the rule of its fixtures taking priority over others is scrapped. as it stands currently teams can sometimes go weeks without playing due to repeat cup postponments.

The clash of Junior Cup matches and the Senior Pyramid fixture list is a real issue when the Junior clubs move over to the new structure.

The Junior Cup in this new world in my view might be more successful if revamped as a Summer competition played May to August (with a break in June) - with the final programmed as a firm commitment for the end of August.

If not I am afraid that we may need to hit the delete button on this great competition.  It should be open to all clubs in the higher echelons of the Non League Pyramid.

Any league fixtures that need to be postponed because of the Junior Cup matches in August can be quickly reprogrammed.

Edited by Pyramidic

6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Look im not saying the board havent delivered anything, thats certainly not the case, we have progress at Holm Park, however feel we’ve moved from a very forward thinking position this time last year to appearing to be one of the most cautious of the west region teams.
It doesnt appear that there is any long term plan for licensing and that the club will probably be unable to achieve it for a good few years now anyway.
The folks on the board work their arse off and at no time have I ever suggested otherwise, I just feel like so much has changed over the last year and officially supporters have heard nothing.

Is it true or just one of those popular myths, that the SJFA made known to Clydebank that if they moved to the EoS this season, they would not allow them to groundshare with a Junior club when they needed to move from Holm Park?

Kilbowie was this true? It was touted around the terraces late last season. Wasn’t a problem to TJ when BSC groundshared with Maryhill a few years back. 

Nah, for Clydebank its very much a commitment to join the eosl, simply due to WDC fucking about over starting groundworks they would have no where to play as the SJFA are trying to stop them sharing with junior clubs. Its not as black and white as you make out.
My memory wasn't failing me. It's therefore odd that some people involved with the club want to place their faith in the same people that made life difficult 10 months ago.