Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SFA giving the SJFA a list of things that need to be aligned such as rules etc has nothing to do with telling the SJFA how the leagues will be structured. It's the SJFA that are deciding what they want.

You didn't need to be at the EGM to know that the vote was almost unanimous, it was all over clubs website and in the media, and your last sentence just confirms what I have said above, the SJFA are deciding what they want, the SFA aren't dictating it.

The SFA are dictating what they want!

Everything aligned for entry next season.

4 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Do you even know who’s at the PWG meetings?

SJFA, SFA, Highland league, lowland league, EOsfl and SOSFL.

The SFA just want a pyramid quickest way is to add the Juniors but its clearly been recognised that the East is a problem otherwise it would be a DOne deal by now. WRSJFA no-one has a problem with them getting into the pyramid. But the question still remains whether one would come in without the other

Do you even know who’s at the PWG meetings?

The EOS are one body present and it's hardly a secret they would veto (as is their right) any attempt to get the ERJFA in at tier 6. The EOS have held their position on a rival league it's territory hence why negotiations have stalled (refer to the EOS minutes from last month). The LL is also majority EOS mrmbers so they'd also be oppossed. Also to get the ERJFA in the HL/LL would need to be adjusted and thats down to the Professional Game Body iirc.

I read this with no connection to the juniors or EOS leagues I do get a wee chuckle reading how the juniors have continued to knock back the opportunity to get involved in the pyramid for years but after there members decide to vote and accept it now after the mass of east teams jumping ship last season they now have a right to decide there own terms and rest of the established leagues have to agree to it shouldn’t it be other way round you get invited and then accept your place surely if what some junior teams think this is a done deal then id be worried as if it was it would have been reported on in every media circuit all over Scotland by now 

1 minute ago, Ped said:

I read this with no connection to the juniors or EOS leagues I do get a wee chuckle reading how the juniors have continued to knock back the opportunity to get involved in the pyramid for years but after there members decide to vote and accept it now after the mass of east teams jumping ship last season they now have a right to decide there own terms and rest of the established leagues have to agree to it shouldn’t it be other way round you get invited and then accept your place surely if what some junior teams think this is a done deal then id be worried as if it was it would have been reported on in every media circuit all over Scotland by now 

exactly. They would have reported it jumping from the roof tops if it was done deal

26 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

The EOS are one body present and it's hardly a secret they would veto (as is their right) any attempt to get the ERJFA in at tier 6. The EOS have held their position on a rival league it's territory hence why negotiations have stalled (refer to the EOS minutes from last month). The LL is also majority EOS mrmbers so they'd also be oppossed. Also to get the ERJFA in the HL/LL would need to be adjusted and thats down to the Professional Game Body iirc.

To be brutally honest he has no idea what's going on, best ignored. The Bankies posters cringe at what he posts.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

To be brutally honest he has no idea what's going on, best ignored. The Bankies posters cringe at what he posts.

I thought you knew everything about the pyramid and what’s going on?

The fact is that you don’t have a clue and are only spouting what you’ve been fed.

You don’t even know who’s at the PWG meetings.

11 minutes ago, Ped said:

A very good summary of the situation.

8 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I thought you knew everything about the pyramid and what’s going on?

The fact is that you don’t have a clue and are only spouting what you’ve been fed.

You don’t even know who’s at the PWG meetings.

You can check Ian Maxwell's email as it was sent just the PWG. Of course the juniors didn't have personalized email just a generic one so don't know who represents them.

I've asked this previously, perhaps you will know. Other than TJ who else represents the SJFA at pwg meetings?

14 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I just told you. It'll be Tom Baxter I'd imagine from Lowland League/EOSFL. No idea who SOSFL is. SJFA be Tom Johnston

Probably Colin Holden at the SoS,  John Greenhorn for the EoS, Andrew Waddell for the Lowland, not sure about the HL. Rod Petrie of the SFA is also normally there.  TJ and Ian McQueen for the SJFA.   Changes on who is available, they also have sub meetings not involving all leagues.

Probably Colin Holden at the SoS,  John Greenhorn for the EoS, Andrew Waddell for the Lowland, not sure about the HL. Rod Petrie of the SFA is also normally there.  TJ and Ian McQueen for the SJFA.   Changes on who is available, they also have sub meetings not involving all leagues.

Going by the office bearer list on the HL site it'll be one of Raymond Cardno (president), George Manson (vice president), Alexander Sinclair (vice president) or Rod Houston (secretary)

http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/History/Item/SHFL%20Office%20Bearers%20&%20LMC%202018-19.pdf]http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/History/Item/SHFL%20Office%20Bearers%20&%20LMC%202018-19.pdf

So pretty much we have 1 region on juniors having a meeting about a PROPOSAL so surely the rest of the junior regions will need to have a meeting and draw up a PROPOSAL  unless 1 region makes the decisions in juniors so that the elected members can take to the PWG group or whoever and show that PROPOSAL who will in return debate and either agree to the PROPOSAL or decline it and hopefully that board (PWG or whoever) has a counter PROPOSAL and only when both sides accept it will they be admitted into the pyramid system unless it’s too much common sense